Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Mar 2024, 21:06 (Ref:4201371)   #2326
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
On another note, whatever form it takes after 2026, I think it's very unlikely that the current level of ITV terrestrial coverage will remain, it will be streaming at best IMO, which also shapes the commerciality for the promoter and teams.

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk
Old 15 Mar 2024, 21:11 (Ref:4201373)   #2327
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Alan Gow must be so comforted to get all of this advice
Exactly. Gow really should check with forum members before making such sweeping announcements.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 21:13 (Ref:4201374)   #2328
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
On another note, whatever form it takes after 2026, I think it's very unlikely that the current level of ITV terrestrial coverage will remain, it will be streaming at best IMO, which also shapes the commerciality for the promoter and teams.

Surely that is dependent on the level of advertising and the revenue that it generates for ITV. If advertisers continue to value the broadcast, then it would be foolish of ITV to stop terrestrial broadcasting.
Old 15 Mar 2024, 23:50 (Ref:4201385)   #2329
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134904

Interesting to look back and see hiw critical many were then.....
Old 16 Mar 2024, 08:25 (Ref:4201399)   #2330
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134904

Interesting to look back and see hiw critical many were then.....
I think many of my comments in that thread I still stand by.

I’d rather they come up with something new to replace the NGTC formula. I’ve never liked the suspension arrangement and it’s tended to produce cars with more body roll than a 1970s Capri.
Old 16 Mar 2024, 09:06 (Ref:4201403)   #2331
TyH
Rookie

United Kingdom
TyH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah i think the NGTC rules need completely scrapping and coming up with something new.

Don't get me wrong, they've been a fantastic servant to the BTCC, and has seen through arguably the best period in recent BTCC history, and by far the biggest grid sizes, but everything has a shelf life, and I don't see the benefit in only 'tweaking' the rules that are already over 10 years old.

Also it presses the big Reset button on teams and cars, and might shake the pecking order up a bit, although of course the cream willl always rise to the top
Old 16 Mar 2024, 09:11 (Ref:4201405)   #2332
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be really interested to see if they did go to a new regulation format what way they would go? Alan Gow seems very open to having anything that fits size wise on the grid. Engine format would be an interesting one to think about too.
Old 16 Mar 2024, 09:18 (Ref:4201407)   #2333
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gow also needs to take account of what is happening outside of the "small" world of motor sport and what has obviously affected the 2024 BTCC grid. It needs to be recognised that current and potential teams do not and possibly will not have massive funds available to have the current car regulations turned on their heads; to do so, we may see further reductions in the number of cars on the grid, as has happened in the past.

The BTCC needs smaller teams that may not have backing of manufacturers and/or dealer networks. And it these teams that will be hit harder by a massive change in the very near future.
Old 16 Mar 2024, 12:01 (Ref:4201416)   #2334
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://www.btcc.net/2024/03/15/team...btcc-campaign/
New Exclr8 livery

It's a bit uninspiring. When they said they were doing a special 100th anniversary livery I was expecting something more that just "100 years of" in small text before 'Bristol Street'

Needs a complete rethink .Bland at best.
Old 16 Mar 2024, 12:16 (Ref:4201417)   #2335
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I actually think the new livery doesn’t look that bad. There seems to be shades of the old Valvoline livery on there
Old 16 Mar 2024, 14:24 (Ref:4201428)   #2336
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Surely that is dependent on the level of advertising and the revenue that it generates for ITV. If advertisers continue to value the broadcast, then it would be foolish of ITV to stop terrestrial broadcasting.
The broadcasting landscape is changing so fast. They will all be looking for econony of scale and cost cutting. I can't see ITV devoting 5 hours of live terrestrial coverage per event in the future. Arguably the audience adbertising brands want now are online anyway, so streaming may still be attractive to them.
Old 16 Mar 2024, 14:29 (Ref:4201430)   #2337
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick bennett View Post
Needs a complete rethink .Bland at best.
Hopefully they'll keep the underbody neons & Alan Gow adds a night race to the calendar, lol
Old 16 Mar 2024, 14:41 (Ref:4201433)   #2338
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
The broadcasting landscape is changing so fast. They will all be looking for econony of scale and cost cutting. I can't see ITV devoting 5 hours of live terrestrial coverage per event in the future. Arguably the audience adbertising brands want now are online anyway, so streaming may still be attractive to them.

That may be the case when the contract is due to be discussed; however, I did quantify my post, and included the word "if".
Old 16 Mar 2024, 15:03 (Ref:4201434)   #2339
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Gow has opposed the idea of leaving FTA, considering it to be commercial suicide. So I can’t see it leaving ITV4 anytime soon or going online only
Old 16 Mar 2024, 15:12 (Ref:4201435)   #2340
SV8Predator
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So I can’t see it leaving ITV4 anytime soon or going online only
Correct.

The big sponsors are there because of terrestrial TV.
Old 17 Mar 2024, 20:30 (Ref:4201674)   #2341
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Gow has opposed the idea of leaving FTA, considering it to be commercial suicide. So I can’t see it leaving ITV4 anytime soon or going online only
Won't be up to him it will be up to ITV.

Old 17 Mar 2024, 20:52 (Ref:4201675)   #2342
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do people on here consistently disrespect Alan Gow? He built the series in the 90’s watched Octagon wreck it in 2 years and then rebuilt it. The bloke should be Knighted not consistently doubted/ questioned/slagged by armchair know nothings on here
Old 17 Mar 2024, 22:27 (Ref:4201684)   #2343
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Why do people on here consistently disrespect Alan Gow? He built the series in the 90’s watched Octagon wreck it in 2 years and then rebuilt it. The bloke should be Knighted not consistently doubted/ questioned/slagged by armchair know nothings on here

No one is disrespecting Alan Gow on here. We just question when he might have not made the right decision. And I think we’re all aware how much he is done for the series
Old 17 Mar 2024, 22:38 (Ref:4201685)   #2344
SV8Predator
Racer

Quote:
Seconded.
Old 17 Mar 2024, 23:51 (Ref:4201701)   #2345
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gow has done an amazing job with the BTCC. Lazarus again and again. Personally think it's in fine shape, but the ITV deal is on their whim.

I can't see why they wouldn't take it again though. It's not the Tour de France, or the European Championship Football, or Six Nations or TT, but if they're getting it at cost price then it's a good catch with a niche sport that has enough popularity to make it worth it.

If they had say Moto GP live then it might be a different attitude, but even then, I think we'd see it on a channel like Quest before a pay channel.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 00:52 (Ref:4201704)   #2346
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see any reason for TOCA/BTCC and ITV to not want to continue their partnership beyond the current deal ending in 2026. The championship has been in a good place for a number of years and this season looks like being no different, despite what some people say. Deals have always been announced late and I'm sure we'll see some soon
Old 18 Mar 2024, 08:03 (Ref:4201723)   #2347
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
It's not the Tour de France, or the European Championship Football, or Six Nations or TT, but if they're getting it at cost price then it's a good catch with a niche sport that has enough popularity to make it worth it.
Getting it at cost??? They’ll show it as long as they’re being paid.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 09:33 (Ref:4201733)   #2348
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Do people view the BTC ruleset as a success? Genuine question.
Old 18 Mar 2024, 09:42 (Ref:4201734)   #2349
TyH
Rookie

United Kingdom
TyH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Yeah, the current rules and regs have been a massive success, no question,

BUT i do think they have had their time and need a re-think.

Nothing against the work of TOCA over the years, but everything has a shelf life
Old 18 Mar 2024, 09:45 (Ref:4201735)   #2350
SV8Predator
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
BTC? As in One Motorsport? What "ruleset" are you referring to?