Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 Nov 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1153209)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Egg How do you display yours?

Model cars that is!!

Just discovered this little beauty:

http://www.angelfire.com/mac2/minichampsindycars/C1.JPG

Now that is impressive! How are your cars displayed?
Old 14 Nov 2004, 14:48 (Ref:1153237)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My display is primitive.....basically a load of boxws stacked on top of each other. I have no space!

I am working on solutions.......
Old 14 Nov 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1153272)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a cabinet that houses 14 of my 1:18 classics, and the rest of my 1:18s are in their boxes stacked up trapping me in my bed room.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1153281)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: How do you display yours?

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig
Model cars that is!!

Just discovered this little beauty:

http://www.angelfire.com/mac2/minichampsindycars/C1.JPG

Now that is impressive! How are your cars displayed?

For some reason, I'm not getting the image Craig - just the fact of who it's hosted by.......
Old 14 Nov 2004, 17:16 (Ref:1153282)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now that is a display cabinet!

I don't have many model cars, but the ones I have are usual the only one on that shelf taking pride of place.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1153315)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
whow, there must at least be a couple hundred in that shot...
Old 14 Nov 2004, 19:40 (Ref:1153396)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MAN O MAN, they must be worth a few grand, I worked out all my cars are woth a few grand.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 05:50 (Ref:1153683)   #8
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have them displayed in a shelf, on top of each other. Generally, I like to display the sponsor stuff near the car. IE: I plan to place a bottle of Stella Artois beer near my Stella sponsored Honda Accord. Ditto, I now have a bottle of Watson's water standing near by Watson sponsored BMW!

Last edited by kmchow; 15 Nov 2004 at 05:52.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1153811)   #9
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just have my 1/18 and 1/24 sitting on a shelf on display. Nothing fancy.

My 1/10 RC cars....they are used very often and my 'workshop' is a mess:

http://gazdesigns.fpic.co.uk/p8769117.html
http://gazdesigns.fpic.co.uk/p8769118.html
Old 15 Nov 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1154172)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, soon I'll be moving a bloody great box of models into the loft along with hundreds of books and magazines. I literally cannot move for stuff, I a seem to be afraid to throw anything out!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 16:45 (Ref:1154186)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Well I may be selling the whole lot in the future with getting my new kart and everything.

If anyone is interested PM me in the future.

I have: most of the Ayrton Senna collection, classic 1:18 (mininchamps) and 1:18 modern cars including Schumacher and Buttons cars.
I also have Le mans sports cars.
About 30 in all.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 18:39 (Ref:1154276)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I've got a couple of these - http://www.picture-pride-displays.co.uk/racing-1.htm

Not especially cheap but very well made and very good at keeping the dust out.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 18:52 (Ref:1154293)   #13
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig, I got the same prob as Asye. Can ya find somewhere else to host it?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:05 (Ref:1154393)   #14
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Copy the link in a new window, mandretti, that way it works.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 21:11 (Ref:1154473)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
They're nice cabinets, Nige, I'll probably buy one for my office when I've finally filled my new cabinets which I've just bought! I didn't like the look of them, to be honest, from the flyer I picked up from Picture Pride but was really quite impressed when I went to their workshops to collect mine on the way back from Manchester the other day. I can heartily recommend them to anyone who is looking...!

Here is my (pretty poorly filled at present!) display cabinet - which I commissioned Picture Pride to build for me. Looks kinda pathetic up against the one in the original link I posted!

There are still two or three gaps in the Senna 1:18 collection as I am waiting for them to be delivered. I am hoping to fill the bottom cabinet with winning LM cars and I am considering adding a number of Nascar cars too - how times changes, eh - who'd have thought I'd become a 'Nastycar' fan!!! hehe
Old 21 Nov 2004, 17:02 (Ref:1160044)   #16
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhhh, I finally can appreciate the link. Before I kept getting that hosted by Angelfire picture. That cabinet is like professional grade! Wow!
Old 21 Nov 2004, 19:13 (Ref:1160128)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That looks fabulous Craig!

Although the first win box stands out like a sore thumb!
Old 21 Nov 2004, 20:36 (Ref:1160196)   #18
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmmm, rather puts my window sill to shame......
Old 21 Nov 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1160271)   #19
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have 7 shelves having my 192 cars of all sizes, but will soon have some kind of cabinet too.
Old 21 Nov 2004, 22:05 (Ref:1160294)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
You can do worse than checking out the link provided by Redshoes - excellent service.
Old 22 Nov 2004, 01:50 (Ref:1160418)   #21
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mine are wherever I've got shelf space for the 1:43's, and most of my 1:18's are on clear display boxes on my bookshelf, the rest are on my piano.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 16:13 (Ref:1168154)   #22
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got 4 cabinets, each 30" x 30" with 4 inch depth.

9 shelves each - get about 60 in a cabinet.

Mike - I get these from Ipswich - dscshowcases. He'll make any size to order, with a choice of background colours and wood
Old 30 Nov 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1168315)   #23
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Do you have a link, Simon?
Old 30 Nov 2004, 20:26 (Ref:1168317)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Ah got it: http://dscshowcases.co.uk/
Old 7 Jan 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1496990)   #25
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you display your models?

How do you display your models? I have two cabinets with all of my best models.