Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jun 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2489844)   #1
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How was the Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or ?

The Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or took place in Dijon last weekend, so tell us (the organisation) what you think of this year meeting and what you would like us to do for you !
Old 24 Jun 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2489846)   #2
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The results will be online next week normally on the GPAO new website wich is

http://www.gpao.fr
Old 24 Jun 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2489881)   #3
Brendan Roberts
Rookie

Brendan Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought GPAO was excellent, despite being taken out by an errant idiot in race 1.......'I thought it was my corner' and 'I lost you from my field of vision'..........
It would be good to be able to see results on-line immediately after the event, and in the 2nd FJ race the safety car came out for the last 5 laps whilst marshalls swept up an oil slick, but failed to pick up the leader or wave the drivers by in order to pick up the leader - this led to some confusion as the in the drivers briefing the procedure was confirmed that drivers would be waved past to allow teh SC to pick up teh leader. Also led to confused reports on the final aggregate result, and the places at lap 9 when the safety car came out are the only ones recorded.
Old 24 Jun 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2489978)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Louis I had a brilliant time and a great couple of races.My only moan is that i did not win the BRM watch.But more seriously 35euros for BBQ.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.You must of done a Steve McQueen in escaping to come to the track Saturday and not studying great too see you and good luck with the rest of your exams.Jim handed over to me early as the 90 min race went safety car then when we were back racing i found myself in a bunch of cars like this.Jag E Type,Austin Healey,Corvette Stingray,Lola 1500 sports, Alfa Romeo and a Ferrari275 how much is that little lot worth.They were all going at it hammer and tongs and i just wanted not to be collected by anyone.Who ever was driving the Ferrari he was all over the place but i survived to Finnish P13 and 1st in class with the smallest engine in the race.Don't know how many drivers have copied Simon H crash hat design but it seemed every other lap i was passed by various cars being driving by someone with that helmet on.Anyway brilliant Louis and we are looking forward to next year when i bring the family with me. That's our HistoricFF2000's
Old 28 Jun 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2491918)   #5
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Louis, great event, fantastic atmosphere.
What was lscking was a tyre service; a big international event must have tyre service, selling and mounting racing tyres.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2493024)   #6
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, well done on lovely event. Officials helpful (eg, scrutineers). Nice new loos which were kept clean.