Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Jul 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1651262)   #1
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"COMIC RELIEF" Run a mile Snetterton Saturday 15th July

Dear Guys and Girls,
This Saturday, after the F3/GT meeting, a team of marshals, calling themselves "Magnet and the Pork Pies", will be joining around 500 people to run a mile around Snetterton race circuit (from Revetts Straight to the Finishing line). As we all know, the majority of us are not at an age, or physical shape, where we should be doing this (short sprints only!), therefore we will need all the support we can get.
We would like to make our efforts worth while and raise quite a bit of money. It is rumoured that there are some 600 marshals in this country, so if we can get a small amount off each, we should reach a total that will make us all feel proud.
Please, please sponsor us by logging on to www.sportrelief.com;
Then click sponsor a miler;
You can then sponsor, at present, one of two people, either Nick Bowen (myself) or Eric (Terry) Scannell.
You then require the venue of "NORWICH SNETTERTON RACE CIRCUIT"
Click continue,
then click under Bowen, Nick or Scannell, Eric,
then click sponsor me, and the rest is up to you.
I do hope you can put a smile on our faces,
watch this space, Nick.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1651634)   #2
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Done Nick,

Hopefully also managed to persuade some more of the crew to join in with the run. Believe Snetmarshal's also up for it! (Now get out of that Andy!)

Much to the amazement of my crew I started my training this afternoon push starting a stalled Sports 2000 at Sear, it's amazing how fast even the most unfit can run when bumpstarting a car with about 20 Sports 2000's coming round Sear straight towards you!

Some wag on the crew then suggested that we should do the run on Saturday pushing a car round the mile! However might be a bit risky with so many people running. (what's the lightest car there on the day?)

All donations towards the Sport Relief Mile will be gratefully received and greatly appreciated by all team members in the Magnet and Pork Pie crew.

Terry
Old 9 Jul 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1651652)   #3
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably the Ginetta... it's tiny!

I was going to do this, but I'll be at Croix. I'm doing the 12km run at Spa at the end of the month instead...
Old 9 Jul 2006, 19:47 (Ref:1651657)   #4
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man
Please, please sponsor us by logging on to www.sportrelief.com;
Website link is www.sportrelief.com which will work.

Terry
Old 9 Jul 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1651682)   #5
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
Probably the Ginetta... it's tiny!

I was going to do this, but I'll be at Croix. I'm doing the 12km run at Spa at the end of the month instead...
Thats fine Mike - Just because you're a lot younger and fitter than us old historics! (Ok team - I'm just speaking for myself).

Anyway with all that walking you do around the circuits you should be fit enough to do 12km - us poor old Tango men only get to stand around all day so even a mile will be a major achievement!!!

Terry
Old 9 Jul 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1651683)   #6
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that Terry!! Put in down in print, so i cant avoid it!!! Well I still have one ace up my sleeve/excuse!! depending on what hopsital says about me foot, may get me out of it!! lol No, i do intend doing the mile, but as for Running it thats another thing! lol 'tho as discussed today there are incentives that would assist !!

So any other ideas for the novality factor to doing this mile yet?

PS Terry,I understand race control will be expecting written reports from you during the race, well you are soo keen on writting to them!!
Old 9 Jul 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1651727)   #7
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Cheers Andy! yes we'll have to see what else we can come up with (or as an incentive, perhaps the grid girls on the finish line??!!)

And for once I can assure Dave W - definately no reports!

Terry
Old 10 Jul 2006, 08:31 (Ref:1651999)   #8
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry, Andy et al...............good luck.

If I'm getting reports from you Terry then conspiracy theories will be discussed as I'm not going to be there!
Old 13 Jul 2006, 07:38 (Ref:1655106)   #9
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Come on guys/girls,
£1, that's all we're asking. It's going to be hot, we would just have finished a full day's Marshalling. Surely we are worth £1!
Old 13 Jul 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1655184)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Guys, I have made this thread a 'sticky' for you. I hope it all goes well!
Old 13 Jul 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1655306)   #11
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland

Thanks Stephen,
the sponsorship is starting to come in.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1658565)   #12
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Well we managed it!

A big thank you to all our sponsors for the kind donations, already in the region of £200 so far.

One comment heard from one F3 driver during the run "Always thought it supposed to flat in Norfolk - Never realised there were B****y steep hills between Esses and Coram and from Russell to the finish line!!!"

Thanks also to everyone that stayed around at the end of the day to cheer us on - think I've found things called muscles in my legs that I hadn't used in the last twenty years! Anyway the cold Fosters afterwards was extremely welcome.

Terry

P.S. Congratulations Nick - you even managed to do an additional distance of 3/4's of the length of Revett in addition to the mile! Good on yer mate!
Old 19 Jul 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1660172)   #13
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry this is a bit late but on behalf of British F3 / GT I'd like to thank all the Marshals for your support at the weekend for the Sport Relief Mile.

We're still waiting for an official figure but we definately raised in excess of £3000, I would expect this to rise to over £4000 - so well done everyone.

Jeff Carter
PR Manager
Avon Tyres British GT Championship
Lloyds TSB Insurance British F3 International Series
Old 19 Jul 2006, 18:48 (Ref:1660194)   #14
tyrewall
Rookie

United Kingdom
ramsgate
tyrewall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wish everybody luck, we also did it last week at lydden and it was really good, something like a hundred people done it and it was the t6opic of conversation fir the night. wish you all great sucess.