Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Oct 2015, 11:58 (Ref:3578575)   #676
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Thank god!
Old 1 Oct 2015, 14:27 (Ref:3578597)   #677
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hasn't Button made some unsavoury comments regarding endurance racing in past years as well?
Old 1 Oct 2015, 15:07 (Ref:3578611)   #678
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Hasn't Button made some unsavoury comments regarding endurance racing in past years as well?
Indeed he did, lapping slower cars is beneath him, he's not interested in that.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3578618)   #679
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Stop beating him up for that comment. He obviously wants to be in the car that's being lapped.
Obviously hasn't joined WEC yet because the McLaren Honda GTE isn't finished yet.
On the up-side, he already gets to enjoy being lapped in a Mclaren Honda, albeit not a GTE.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 15:36 (Ref:3578620)   #680
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Stop beating him up for that comment. He obviously wants to be in the car that's being lapped.
Obviously hasn't joined WEC yet because the McLaren Honda GTE isn't finished yet.
On the up-side, he already gets to enjoy being lapped in a Mclaren Honda, albeit not a GTE.
It's all about the money. Who is going to pay him the most. It has nothing to do with anything else.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 1 Oct 2015, 16:02 (Ref:3578632)   #681
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly, he didn't say that. I think he said that he didn't want to be in a car that was getting lapped all the time.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 16:15 (Ref:3578634)   #682
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
I might be wrong, but if I remember correctly, he didn't say that. I think he said that he didn't want to be in a car that was getting lapped all the time.
Nope, he specifically mentioned lapping slower cars, or "dodging" as he calls it:

"You are racing with cars that are so much slower, in different categories, and dodging cars throughout the whole race is not something that I have ever got that excited about.!

"Maybe I will when I drive one of them and drive at Le Mans, because I'd love to drive around the Le Mans circuit in a sportscar, but it's just having different categories racing together that I am not keen on."
Old 1 Oct 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3578660)   #683
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
That's an older comment (from 2013) than these are:

(Dec 2014) "I have spoken with Mark," Button revealed, "and some other drivers from WEC. Who knows what will happen. "I can't say that I have a great desire to be there, but my interest is growing. Next year there will be four LMP1 manufacturers and everything looks very exciting. "I'm not a fool. I want to race next year and so if I'm not in Formula One, it (WEC) is a strong series."

(from yesterday) Button remains enthusiastic about the race, even if it’s now off the table for the immediate future. “Every driver thinks Le Mans is exciting,” he said. “It’s a massive team effort and a massive accomplishment to win a 24-hour race. It’s basically a 24-hour Grand Prix these days, it’s flat out the whole way. There are many things I want to do in the future – but not yet.”
Old 1 Oct 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3578666)   #684
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
"My interest is growing" translation "My options in F1 are dwindling".
Old 2 Oct 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3578904)   #685
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mazda at Le Mans

According to this weeks Autosport, Mazda hope to return to Le Mans in a petrol engined P2 car in 2017 but I fail to see how they can under the new regulations?
Unless there will be some dispensation for WUSC competitors that hasn't emerged yet!
Old 2 Oct 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3578905)   #686
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonylight View Post
According to this weeks Autosport, Mazda hope to return to Le Mans in a petrol engined P2 car in 2017 but I fail to see how they can under the new regulations?
Unless there will be some dispensation for WUSC competitors that hasn't emerged yet!
Huh? Why would Mazda not be allowed back to Le Mans? Speed Source will be the team running the Mazda Powered 'P' class cars. As long as they run the original constructors body work it should be 100% legal!

L.P.
Old 2 Oct 2015, 19:24 (Ref:3578910)   #687
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button should go to Rallycross, the fans are more welcoming and friendly.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3579934)   #688
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Marc VDS is shutting down its GT team at the end of the season.

http://www.marcvds.com/car/news/deta...m#.VhOsqROqqkp
Old 6 Oct 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3579935)   #689
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
But this success has come at a cost; a significant cost. Racing to win in any series in the closely contested GT3 class is expensive, but when these costs are almost doubled due to financial mismanagement by those entrusted with the responsibility of running the team, it is no longer viable to continue.
Ouch.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3579936)   #690
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Ouch.
Yeah, strong words. Might also explain Bas Leinders' sudden... erm... departure from the team right after the Spa 24h earlier this year.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3579938)   #691
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
That VDS statement is really string. Such a shame to see this team go too, have always been one of my favourites and always strong at Spa and Nurburgring.

I really thought they'd be the semi-works team for the new M6 next year; wonder who their Pro entrants will be now? Schubert have hardly set the world alight in recent years. RBM?
Old 6 Oct 2015, 12:05 (Ref:3579944)   #692
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Wowzers. No punches were pulled in that statement. He implies that multiple people within the team are to blame though. We know Bas was kicked out (and now we know why), but who else within the team was complicit?

The last couple of sentences are arguably just as telling, where Van der Stratten mentions not being able to compete in a headline event without at least nominally signing up to the accompanying series. I noticed that when Chi did the "Fantasy Team Calendar" game that most people opted for prestigious one-offs as well. Perhaps Chiana should have tripled the entrance fees for those races to make it not accurate.

And there is the small matter of a race in France that everyone wants to attend but for whom only ~30 places are guaranteed, if you have the cash. For all the manufacturer flirting the ACO engages in (which is not necessarily wrong BTW), I hope the privateers don't get too short a stick.

Last edited by J Jay; 6 Oct 2015 at 12:11.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3579962)   #693
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Well that's obviously a jab at the SRO's recent decision and I agree with him 100%. The current "you must enter one other" rule is much better; I want to see oddball and one-off entries to make certain events 'special'.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 14:45 (Ref:3579970)   #694
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
And I agree with you but Ratel agrees with the bulging back pockets of Fillon. I suppose an argument of continuity could be made in SRO's favour but the big endurance races have a strong tradition of one-offs.

Looks like Schubert are in line for a lot more manufacturer backing if they want to expand.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3579982)   #695
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
General Sportscar Chat thread

I cant believe this. Im quite stunned they pulled the pin but i can see why.

A curse upon those people who have spoiled a damn good team. Not sure if Bas was involved in this hence him being fired which would explain somethings. It doesnt matter who was involved, they should be ashamed of themselves. Theres a hole in gt racing that wont be easy to fill .

Good on him for having a crack at the SRO, he put it pretty well in saying that there should be no reason why he cant enter his home race without doing the whole series.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3579991)   #696
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe the so-called over spending was part of the reason why the team was so successful??
Old 6 Oct 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3580091)   #697
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
To add a little bit to MVdS's departure from GT racing - they are going to be Honda's semi-works squad in the MotoGP series, including getting one of the four factory-spec bikes on offer (Repsol get two and LCR get one, but the Repsol bikes get the very newest updates first). They're also running more bikes in the junior classes next year.

Those things aren't cheap, and if Marc has been pushed on the issue of cars or bikes then any mishandling on either side would make it easy to pick the other.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3580094)   #698
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I really thought they'd be the semi-works team for the new M6 next year; wonder who their Pro entrants will be now? Schubert have hardly set the world alight in recent years. RBM?
Here's a wild guess: What about Walkenhorst? They have already confirmed the purchase of two M6 GT3's, a big sponsor for next year, are pretty successful this season and have a strong relationship with BMW Motorsport in general. If I was BMW and I'd had to pick someone to function as my works team for the N24, I'd pick them to replace Marc VDS. But I don't know if Walkenhorst's infrastructure allows for the team to run international races.
Old 7 Oct 2015, 06:09 (Ref:3580147)   #699
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Sorry wrong thread
Old 7 Oct 2015, 08:23 (Ref:3580178)   #700
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Jean Todt defends the Le Mans / Baku clash (german).
Since when are support series events allowed to impede the main event??