Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Nov 2014, 01:23 (Ref:3471409)   #26
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Good enough reason to clean up the driving standards a little.
Compared to yesteryear the driving standards are much improved.

Frosty's move at Surfers would have barely raised an eyebrow , but these days he cops a penalty.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3471412)   #27
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If V8SC manage to really nail the new regs, do you guys think that there's any possibility in them being picked up by international series?

Would be great if there were a few top line series O/S using the regs, possibly even with different bodyshapes & engines, then we could get back to the good old days of having some true international entries for the Enduro Cup, or part there of. And also some of our top teams going to compete in major races O/S.
Old 4 Nov 2014, 02:14 (Ref:3471416)   #28
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doubtful, V8SC is a big fish in a little pond here, rest of the world is a big big big pond with lots and lots of other fish all with their own agendas
Old 6 Nov 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3472360)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
If V8SC manage to really nail the new regs, do you guys think that there's any possibility in them being picked up by international series?
The thing working in favour of this happening is that the Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore will ultimately not be the front line weapons of those manufacturers to race in the V8SC series.

When the S60 runs against the E Class, against the Altima, against the Insignia and the Mondeo... you could very well be talking about a race in the USA or Germany or the UK as a class here.. except (hopefully) they will retain V8 noise here...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Nov 2014, 00:46 (Ref:3472373)   #30
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talk of the new WRC regs throwing in some sort of carbon tub to protect drivers, wonder will V8SC go down that road too?
Old 7 Nov 2014, 01:32 (Ref:3472386)   #31
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The thing working in favour of this happening is that the Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore will ultimately not be the front line weapons of those manufacturers to race in the V8SC series.

When the S60 runs against the E Class, against the Altima, against the Insignia and the Mondeo... you could very well be talking about a race in the USA or Germany or the UK as a class here.. except (hopefully) they will retain V8 noise here...
Yeah, that's where my thoughts were going. With the regs probably sticking to a common chassis that have various bodies and engines, there's no reason there couldn't be different cars competing in various regions.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 00:19 (Ref:3472961)   #32
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Odds are the manufacturers want 4 pots, but will it tempt the likes of BMW or Mazda to come back.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 00:29 (Ref:3472969)   #33
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BMW stated previously they aren't interested unless they can utilise their in-house designed and constructed DTM/GT3 chassis.

Mazda's interest in recent times was very brief. Sadly, the Mazda6 would've made for an absolutely stunning V8Supercar.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 02:00 (Ref:3472992)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
V8 Til 2016 Then...

...seems like anything goes.. in body shape (2 door is allowed), engines (V6 seems popular for some reason..)

What are they doing to such a simple class?

Old 9 Nov 2014, 04:07 (Ref:3473045)   #35
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
V8 Til 2016 Then...

...seems like anything goes.. in body shape (2 door is allowed), engines (V6 seems popular for some reason..)

What are they doing to such a simple class?

It sounds like like they are going to change the engine to suit holden.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 04:50 (Ref:3473058)   #36
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So theoretically someone could build a Mustang or Camaro for next year?
Old 9 Nov 2014, 04:54 (Ref:3473062)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
It sounds like like they are going to change the engine to suit holden.
It sounds like they sat in a room filled with hallucinogenic substances and wrote a 'white paper' in crayon..
Old 9 Nov 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3473072)   #38
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It sounds like they sat in a room filled with hallucinogenic substances and wrote a 'white paper' in crayon..
Honestly, I'm going to put that down to the writer of the article.

"*Two door coupe GT style car will be excluded with a stipulation the car must have a production model with a back-seat, stopping a takeover from giants like Porsche and Lamborghini."

I wonder if he has ever seen a Porsche (911), because I don't think that rule would exclude them from the series.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3473074)   #39
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
How do Nissan, Volvo and Erebus/AMG feel about this?.........they go to a lot of expense to develop V8 engines only to have them canned after a couple of years.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 05:34 (Ref:3473076)   #40
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
How do Nissan, Volvo and Erebus/AMG feel about this?.........they go to a lot of expense to develop V8 engines only to have them canned after a couple of years.
my understanding is that manufactureers have been engaged in this process, this is the direction they want to go
Old 9 Nov 2014, 05:51 (Ref:3473079)   #41
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
my understanding is that manufactureers have been engaged in this process, this is the direction they want to go
But that doesn't mean that all manufacturers agree with it.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3473082)   #42
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
doesnt mean they dont either
Old 9 Nov 2014, 06:49 (Ref:3473085)   #43
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see this one explained a bit more and does that mean next year as in 2015? Could we see the Nissans running the GT1 V8 next year?

Quote:
New regulations for the V8 engines will be introduced from next season with relaxed laws making it easier for manufacturers without a V8 product to enter the sport.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 06:50 (Ref:3473086)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Hey here's an idea... lets run with 1.6L turbocharged V6 engines... they can provide the same performance near enough to the current 5 litre V8s from all over the motoring landscapes.. the category can say the manufacturers should discount the price, but everyone knows they will cost 4 times more than current.

And this time, when there is a car change of such an extent, there will be no golden handshake for a reduction in equity position... lets design it so that the smaller teams who cant afford to play can go broke.

I mean, how fast can you afford to go.. when the fan on the hill or watching on the teev cant tell the difference between them anyway

Old 11 Nov 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3473676)   #45
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
They'll probably all agree with it until they get beaten, then it will be unfair.

They all agreed SuperTouring was fair, except for the RWD BMW, so they came up with some rules that they agreed were definitely fair. And then Audi turned up...
Old 11 Nov 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3473769)   #46
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
They'll probably all agree with it until they get beaten, then it will be unfair.

They all agreed SuperTouring was fair, except for the RWD BMW, so they came up with some rules that they agreed were definitely fair. And then Audi turned up...
Lol........yes, I remember the arguments.

With supercars, I wouldn't like to see V8s dropped altogether just because one manufacturer won't play unless whole category goes to V6s.
Old 12 Nov 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3474065)   #47
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Go the sportscar route? Traditionally sportscars have had a whole host of engine configurations, each with their own strong and weak points. Equalise power to weight ratio and let the best man win.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3474091)   #48
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are Nascar going to drop their v8 engines or allow v6 turbos to compete anytime soon?
Can the performance of v8 'naturally aspirated ' be equalised with a V6 turbocharged engine?
With Group A sierras, skylines etc turbochargers made the class more expensive -with the need for a team turbocharger R & D budget.
A future config could be billet v8s aiming for engine longevity with a simple energy recovery system with a simple push to pass button. (the old F1 flywheel system mounted behind the driver in a protected capsule to gain and release energy)
GT3 is FIA homologation etc which adds to the expense compared to a spaceframe welded up in Queenland.
May be when electric turbochargers are more common place, turbos could be used rather the mainstream exhaust gas driven turbos available currently.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 01:30 (Ref:3474103)   #49
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Nissan GTR GT3 is listed at Aus$494600.69 (converted from yen) on the Nismo website
http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/GT3/
I wonder how many of the Supercar teams are keen to go to GT3 over the existing cars?
Old 13 Nov 2014, 04:46 (Ref:3474131)   #50
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
v6's sound like trash

guess it looks like ill really have to make it out there for the 2016 1000.