Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Aug 2007, 03:24 (Ref:1980259)   #51
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, it was, Dutton. My point is though that BE is not going to be a reason someone chooses to go or not to go to a CC race.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 03:30 (Ref:1980260)   #52
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I think some just might...but, yes, as a general rule, people are not going to use that for a reason.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 09:55 (Ref:1980343)   #53
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Welcome back Indycool.

oh no, I had my hopes that the links would lead to something positive.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1980346)   #54
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
With all of the open wheel series being presented in the UK and Europe, the competition for fans has much more to do with the racing rather than any beauty contest regarding Bernie Ecclestone...not to mention sports cars, touring cars, DTM...

CC may be a curiosity and "something different." I doubt that race fans are thinking: "I just don't like that Bernie Ecclestone. I will go to the CC race as a protest to his arrogant stewardship of F1."
That's not the point Norm was making. 'Oh we're just go to the Cc event as F1 is arrogant.'

If fans want to see the Champ Car World Series then they will will!

There has been a lot of promotion. Magazines, websites, TV, for the Champ Car European swing. I am impressed. The Dutch and Belgium race will be big and I can't wait as many other European Champ Car fans also can't wait.

Eurosport has been fantastic this year, they actually found out after many fans including I emailed them and told them that they can't just show it half the times not live with no advertising and poor coverage and expect to get high ratings! They finally understood that if they want to get higher ratings to the 55 rough countries that they show to then they would have to promote and advertise CC on their channels, have a pre-race show and show every race live if they could on Eurosport 2. Which they have done.

Europe is now a second home for CC, like it or not the big driver base is European, team members, sponsors etc. It only makes sense. Plus open wheel is respected more here and 'liked' other than 43 cars on an oval for 3 and a half hours each week.

The European races will be the better races of the season.
Old 4 Aug 2007, 11:06 (Ref:1980373)   #55
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman-normal
This summer's races in Europe may indicate a much better reception of Champ Car in the UK, due to Bernie's arrogant stewardship of F-1.
So based on the above, I would beg to differ with the notion that what the poster has put forward is that people will go to CC races due to BE...further, I did not say "F1 is arrogant."

I am not sure how you can say that "Europe is now a second home for CC" when the Euro races have not even happened yet. I would be interested to see the actual races and therefore the attendance, etc in order to gauge what the actual interest is.

The presence of promotional materials is a good thing as that indicates the promoters of the races are on top of things. The presence of those materials, in and of themselves does not mean CC has found a second home. No offense, but based on the general level of interest here in North America, it would be stretching a point to say that CC has found a "first" home. Tim Northcutt posted the TV ratings for the races so far in another thread and the results could charitably be described as "Below Horrible."

Let's see what the response is to the races themselves rather than trying to use the hype as an indicator of actual interest.

Last edited by JohnSSC; 4 Aug 2007 at 11:13.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 5 Aug 2007, 03:57 (Ref:1981181)   #56
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Well, I think some just might...but, yes, as a general rule, people are not going to use that for a reason.
I agree. That sentiment about BE is out there. Not that I have any grand aspirations of replacing F1, but if traditional countries like Britain and France get their races cut, certainly champcar could replace or supplant it.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 22:55 (Ref:1982974)   #57
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The layout BTCC used at Rockingham could be good for CCWS.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1982996)   #58
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Which layout do they use?