Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Oct 2011, 13:32 (Ref:2968073)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans Classic

The entry forms are out for the next edition of LMC.

It is in my opinion the best of all the Historic Meetings but very French.

Scrutes are a shambles but food good.

Have retired from putting Teams together and have entered fewer cars.

If you have a car that is eligible give it a go ,to good to miss!

Same track that RW uses in grown up race.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2968115)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Scrutineering isn't the best, it was only about 5 hours waiting though
Old 12 Oct 2011, 14:41 (Ref:2969932)   #3
Adam Ruddle
Rookie

England
Saddleworth
Adam Ruddle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1962 Corvette

Would this be the right place to ask if there is anyone out there who fancies co-driving my (in preperation) '62 Corvette at Le Mans Classic 2012 (for a sensible share of the entry costs)?
Anyone interested can get me via my blog.
http://scuderia-scirocco.blogspot.com/

Adam
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2969998)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PM sent Adam.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2994959)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Classic

The bi annual classic event.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2995083)   #6
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Now have two threads about LMC.

Which one do we use?
Old 4 Dec 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2995091)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Can Pierre merge the other with this?

Are you just doing plateau 1 next year John?
Old 4 Dec 2011, 15:41 (Ref:2995094)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Yep,Grid one,two three and four with Top Nob Team.

Waiting to see what's happening in G1 as have entered five cars and may need you to do a bit of driving.Five Talbots but would prefer one Alta with four Talbots.

Grids two and three with 356's and Michael Birch's Elva in Grid 4.

Expect these numbers may be cut back by the organisers as its difficult from G1 upwards.

Seems more oversubscribed than ever.Interesting what they do with the 911's as there are supposed to be over 100 entered.Rule of thumb seems to be no more than four types of one car in any particular grid.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 16:57 (Ref:2995115)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Use this one John, it means the calendar date will be kept in focus.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2995161)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Just renewed Arthurs Passport, better polish my Whitworths.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2995211)   #11
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have entered my 1925 Lorraine Dietrich in the pre war grid whith reasonable chance
and my Porsche 914 which will be a very long shot.

May enter a surprise in G2 or not, that remains to be seen.

Rudolf
Old 4 Dec 2011, 22:55 (Ref:2995242)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Talbot's are metric!
Old 5 Dec 2011, 04:53 (Ref:2995377)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Posts from previous thread merged.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 08:01 (Ref:2995412)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
ahh yes I remember now, Riley's and Harry's aren't. I'll clean those then . . . just been tuning/building a few Lambretta/Vespa engines so the new metric spanners have been run in. M7 nuts and bolts . . only on a Piaggio!
Old 8 Dec 2011, 19:11 (Ref:2997158)   #15
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
ahh yes I remember now, Riley's and Harry's aren't. I'll clean those then . . . just been tuning/building a few Lambretta/Vespa engines so the new metric spanners have been run in. M7 nuts and bolts . . only on a Piaggio!

weeell, we had some artist engineers in Germany in the 50ies who fitted M7 fine pitch screws as core diameter is actually larger than M8 coarse to certain bikes.
Stunts like contributed to their employers going bust
But isnt this OT ?

To take this back to LMC:
I have bagged the Kieft Climax Sports racer at the last H&H auction as some sort of early X-max present to myself and entered it for LMC grid 2 today.
If this is some kind of record, please tell where to get my trophy

Rudolf
Old 8 Dec 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2997163)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I have bagged the Kieft Climax Sports racer at the last H&H auction as some sort of early X-max present to myself and entered it for LMC grid 2 today.
If this is some kind of record, please tell where to get my trophy

Rudolf
Old 8 Dec 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2997208)   #17
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I have bagged the Kieft Climax Sports racer at the last H&H auction as some sort of early X-max present to myself

Congratulations Rudolf

I travelled up to Buxton yesterday specifically to bid on the Kieft, so I was part of your competition at the auction. Over 4 hours each way and I went home with an empty trailer.

It was one of the few cars that exceeded the top estimate as most were falling short of the bottom figure. But then this was the only car of real interest, with factory competition history from 1954. A good buy I think.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't get an entry for LMC with this.

Good luck.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2997222)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Well done Rudolf . . .an old friend of mine has a Kieft Scooter and has always harped on about their pedigree and how he'd love to have a car to go with it. Hopefully look forward to seeing it.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2997279)   #19
Michael Birch
Rookie

Michael Birch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Yep,Grid one,two three and four with Top Nob Team.

Rule of thumb seems to be no more than four types of one car in any particular grid.
I knew there was a strategy behind building the GT160. Superb foresight!
Old 8 Dec 2011, 23:12 (Ref:2997292)   #20
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Congratulations Rudolf

I travelled up to Buxton yesterday specifically to bid on the Kieft, so I was part of your competition at the auction. Over 4 hours each way and I went home with an empty trailer.

It was one of the few cars that exceeded the top estimate as most were falling short of the bottom figure. But then this was the only car of real interest, with factory competition history from 1954. A good buy I think.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't get an entry for LMC with this.

Good luck.

Brian
sorry for the inconvenience, I just had to....
I only travelled to the fax machine
(then had to call my secretary to explain it)

Personally, I thought the estimate was low on purpose and expected it to exceed that, especially compared to what a Lotus 11 fetches these days with the Kieft beeing so much rarer and invitable.

Rudolf
Old 9 Dec 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2997441)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Birch View Post
I knew there was a strategy behind building the GT160. Superb foresight!
Does this mean the 4th one can be discovered ?
Old 12 Dec 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2998752)   #22
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg

We have 2 LMS threads now...
Jons and Peters
which one to use now ?

in "location" La Sarthe is missing an "e", pains me to see that and reflects badly on this great community

first selection meeting is this week
the the wait begins for the first published entry list

hoooooooope

Rudolf
Old 12 Dec 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2998767)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nobody's perfect. I'll edit the location.

Use this one, I'll merge the other into it.

Edit made.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2998900)   #24
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Nobody's perfect. I'll edit the location.

Use this one, I'll merge the other into it.

Edit made.

Thank You
I was only trying to be helpfull
its the anorak in me

Rudolf
Old 13 Dec 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2999186)   #25
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Can all threads on this be merged?