Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Feb 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3025953)   #76
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was following the season and to be fair to Luca Baldisserri, he probably has a good point. I mean, some of the drivers have proven themselves to be distinctly slower than others in Europe and suddenly they spring up the field, while someone like Berthon had problems getting into the top 10. I just checked the results from Taupo and the grid for Race 3 with the best times from 3 qualifying sessions is P1-5 and P8 Giles cars. Also the points system is quite... NASCAR. The winner takes 75 points, P10 takes 33 points!
So may be some cars were kind of faster than others, I haven't seen speed traps or something, but some driver grew wings over the winter!
Anyways, I think everything else seemed to be very good in this championship. At least there is something to follow in the winter! May be Marciello had to race under a different name like some did in the good old days, at the end of the day in F1 the cars are all different
Old 15 Feb 2012, 00:38 (Ref:3025968)   #77
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
I was following the season and to be fair to Luca Baldisserri, he probably has a good point. I mean, some of the drivers have proven themselves to be distinctly slower than others in Europe and suddenly they spring up the field, while someone like Berthon had problems getting into the top 10. I just checked the results from Taupo and the grid for Race 3 with the best times from 3 qualifying sessions is P1-5 and P8 Giles cars. Also the points system is quite... NASCAR. The winner takes 75 points, P10 takes 33 points!
So may be some cars were kind of faster than others, I haven't seen speed traps or something, but some driver grew wings over the winter!
Anyways, I think everything else seemed to be very good in this championship. At least there is something to follow in the winter! May be Marciello had to race under a different name like some did in the good old days, at the end of the day in F1 the cars are all different
have to disagree with you there mate--having been involved in the entire series with another team--giles team are very thorough in prep and with engineering skills and with the best reputation comes the first pick of the best drivers.Crikey,after Andy neale left Jono Lester's car to do his super tourer job on saturday night of timaru round 2, ETEC didnt have an engineer with even f/renault experience behind them.
marciello was erratic especially with his braking and constantly over drove the car and buckled under the enormous pressure on him--berthon was on holiday and it showed and quite frankly was a disapointment.
I dont think anyone can doubt the ability of cassidy and evans to be worthy of running at the front--but lest be honest all the others shot themselves in the foot by falling off the track or making contact with others and throw away points--cassidy kept clean and won when he could and picked up points when he couldn't.Asseldonk could have won the series but shot himself in both feet along the way.
i could not see any speed differences between cars apart from what the drivers were inducing.
great series -well organised and professional and i believe most were happy except for the lads who got there asses whipped and ego's dented.mr marciello swagger around the pits was quite different at round 5 to what it was at round 1......
i have seen many drivers jump to another type of formula car and struggle and vice versa.......
Old 15 Feb 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3026030)   #78
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
I Also the points system is quite... NASCAR. The winner takes 75 points, P10 takes 33 points!
The same points system in used in all the classes that run in the Motorsport NZ Tier 1 Series, wether it is a good or bad system.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3026079)   #79
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Harcey, I understand there were differences between the speed of the cars from different teams because of their level of preparation, it's just not usually such a big difference in spec formula. I mean, if you're good experienced driver you can win with some small team in FR2.0 or Abarths. Even in WSbR or GP2 you can win with a very good driver like Carroll or Parente. Also on paper, I can't see how Bonifacio or Serrales are better drivers than Berthon, Marciello or even Hill. Obviously the cars of one team were faster than the others, I don't say they cheat or smth, but that's unusual from an European's perspective and I don't think it's good for the future of the series. Baldisserri being Latin may make it sound much, much worse, but may be the organizers should do something to make the other teams stronger. May be limiting number of cars or even the experience or nationality of the engineers... Look at F3ES or BF3, domination ain't healthy
Old 15 Feb 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3026226)   #80
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
have to disagree with you there mate--having been involved in the entire series with another team--giles team are very thorough in prep and with engineering skills and with the best reputation comes the first pick of the best drivers.Crikey,after Andy neale left Jono Lester's car to do his super tourer job on saturday night of timaru round 2, ETEC didnt have an engineer with even f/renault experience behind them.
marciello was erratic especially with his braking and constantly over drove the car and buckled under the enormous pressure on him--berthon was on holiday and it showed and quite frankly was a disapointment.
I dont think anyone can doubt the ability of cassidy and evans to be worthy of running at the front--but lest be honest all the others shot themselves in the foot by falling off the track or making contact with others and throw away points--cassidy kept clean and won when he could and picked up points when he couldn't.Asseldonk could have won the series but shot himself in both feet along the way.
i could not see any speed differences between cars apart from what the drivers were inducing.
great series -well organised and professional and i believe most were happy except for the lads who got there asses whipped and ego's dented.mr marciello swagger around the pits was quite different at round 5 to what it was at round 1......
i have seen many drivers jump to another type of formula car and struggle and vice versa.......
Well said.

I don't believe failure is always a bad thing, as if one is honest with themselves they can find ways to learn from their experience and improve as a driver.

Some of these guys probably had their head filled with the top dog ego and it turned out there were the dogs breakfast. Good to take them down a notch.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 06:38 (Ref:3026932)   #81
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Now I understand why Mr Baldisserri's tears of grief. They say old habits die hard. Did they ever expect to win TNZ with their quality driver? They better try another series. Baldisserri's FDA won nothing till today. What do they have to been ashamed of?
Old 24 Feb 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3030232)   #82
Comal
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Comal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M2 had some good engineers it just didn't seem to come together for them for some reason. Be interesting to see how they go next season.