Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Jul 2008, 08:30 (Ref:2260802)   #251
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations
Happy to share a lottery ticket!

Who is the smart money with then?
My money( not to sure how smart it is) is on Kane Rose . Cleaned Fitzy up in his last meeting.Now in quicker car . The fat boy( I will get him out of hibernation yet!) will not be far away but the weight penalty will be enough-unless has hasn't eaten since Mallala! Graeme Cook would have to go a fair bit faster than ever before( he will be faster) . There are a few others not far away and I can see a bit of a log jam between about 7 -15th.Not a lot in it between a number of cars.
Will be interesting to see a few at P Is debut and a large number of new car/driver combinations also.
Kane Rose is a top talent and if his car holds together will not dissappoint anyone lucky enough to see first hand his talent. Given a budget and the right support would race in lead group in Carrera Cup or Minolta series as soon as he got there.
Should be a very interesting race with some close racing.All it needs is more cars! I wonder if.......................................................................?
Old 31 Jul 2008, 11:09 (Ref:2260873)   #252
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...in todays motorsport landscape anythings possible Silver. Princess has been in a good paddock and does exceptionally well to propel the worlds heaviest Cup Car (1360 on the scales Mallala, but may have included a heap of South Australian mud from an off-track excursion) as well as he does...sort of like a rock in a sock.

Amped already for Phillip Island, not many more sleeps.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 23:16 (Ref:2261324)   #253
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have responded earlier but had to treat the burns from the flaming I received..lol

Good to hear the fields are healthy and hope it continues in the future. I would head down but can not due to work.

What I would like SS is to see all those 40+ cars plus another 40 keen punters line up for the Bathurst 24hr.
Bit more appropriate than a love in session...and more likely of happening with the right people putting their heads together.

Wakefield 300: 29-30 November, AASA event, Min two drivers, Min one stop, all stops are 5 mins ( if there is a tyre blow out this will be an exception to the rule), Any car can run which is log booked. Its very similar to the Queensland 500 but not a relay, just the one car per team.

The event has been running for a few years now with reasonable fields of 20 cars. This year looks better.
There is a information pack on the way. PM if you need more information

Cheers

Steve
Old 1 Aug 2008, 00:39 (Ref:2261359)   #254
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
GT3CC is a support category for the Bathurst 12 hour in Feb 2009 B24, but I doubt you would see many of these competitors in a 24 hour even if it did get off the ground. Only reason...too expensive. Enduro's are hard on machinery, drivers and most of all the pocket. Pro teams with sponsors may afford it, weekend warriors, even those with plenty of coin, would baulk at the cost.

Wakefield 300 looks like it would be good value and fun.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 04:04 (Ref:2261408)   #255
911Porker
Racer

Germany
Melbourne
911Porker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3
My money( not to sure how smart it is) is on Kane Rose . Cleaned Fitzy up in his last meeting.Now in quicker car . The fat boy( I will get him out of hibernation yet!) will not be far away but the weight penalty will be enough-unless has hasn't eaten since Mallala! Graeme Cook would have to go a fair bit faster than ever before( he will be faster) . There are a few others not far away and I can see a bit of a log jam between about 7 -15th.Not a lot in it between a number of cars.
Will be interesting to see a few at P Is debut and a large number of new car/driver combinations also.
Kane Rose is a top talent and if his car holds together will not dissappoint anyone lucky enough to see first hand his talent. Given a budget and the right support would race in lead group in Carrera Cup or Minolta series as soon as he got there.
Should be a very interesting race with some close racing.All it needs is more cars! I wonder if.......................................................................?
What? What? What's going on? Who's been sleeping in my bed, feasting on my porridge and having a crack at Mrs Bear?

Sorry guys, I've been off doing productive things and trying to give up smoking but those that know me know that this goes out the window along with everything else on race weekend.

By Fat Boy I take it you mean Trende. Well yes he could be fast but the guy who singlehandedly saved GT racing in Australia by blowing a whistle up against previously deaf ears is looking forward to having a skid by all accounts.

Others have described him as being like a Rhino in a sleeping bag (close) whilst others still suggest that he runs a 4.4 and that his ROP is a pressure vessel for his NOS system (not close, its under the passenger seat ala Too Fast Too Furious).

As for Mallala, those *******s who passed around the hat in parc ferme to bribe the TC into declaring a weight of 1360 will have their day as Mallala weights are deemed the base for PI and power can match that weight.

Turn 1 will be interesting.

And the magic number?

Anyway, I'm off, a bit peckish. Haven't eaten for 10 minutes now.

Last edited by Woolley; 1 Aug 2008 at 12:54.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 09:55 (Ref:2261552)   #256
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Porker

By Fat Boy I take it you mean Trende. Well yes he could be fast but the guy who singlehandedly saved GT racing in Australia by blowing a whistle up against previously deaf ears is looking forward to having a skid by all accounts.

Others have described him as being like a Rhino in a sleeping bag (close) whilst others still suggest that he runs a 4.4 and that his ROP is a pressure vessel for his NOS system (not close, its under the passenger seat ala Too Fast Too Furious).

As for Mallala, those *******s who passed around the hat in parc ferme to bribe the TC into declaring a weight of 1360 will have their day as Mallala weights are deemed the base for PI and power can match that weight.

Turn 1 will be interesting.

And the magic number?

Anyway, I'm off, a bit peckish. Haven't eaten for 10 minutes now.
Sounds like you have been drinking my lunch!How come the engine has been downsized to 4.4? That's not nitrous gas under the seat!!

Last edited by Woolley; 1 Aug 2008 at 12:55.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 05:24 (Ref:2262416)   #257
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
.and of course Fitzy won't be content with just circulating.he's watching all his old tapes to get psyched up.
hmmm... I've got the one where he drove with PHR in Bathurst 24 2002... and destroyed Algadries RS in his first practice session, while trying to match Jums benchmark time....

Should I put it on youtube? That'd psyche the old dog up?

"ride car" my arse! Development mongrel more like! That thing flies!

Old 3 Aug 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2262439)   #258
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Yeah, go on, get it out there on Youtube.

Word is he's fitted a rear spoiler with uprights at Olympic hurdle height, and even knocked off Svens 4.4 upgrade by another 100cc.
Old 5 Aug 2008, 10:42 (Ref:2263688)   #259
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
Quote:
GT3CC is a support category for the Bathurst 12 hour in Feb 2009 B24, but I doubt you would see many of these competitors in a 24 hour even if it did get off the ground. Only reason...too expensive. Enduro's are hard on machinery, drivers and most of all the pocket. Pro teams with sponsors may afford it, weekend warriors, even those with plenty of coin, would baulk at the cost.

Wakefield 300 looks like it would be good value and fun.

Re: B24hr. I may have start a seperate thread on this one. I know there are $$ issues but it is worth talking more about it.I had 1000+ hits on my youtube movies in the last month so there is some interest in it from somewhere.

Re: W300. It is a fun event. Not one crash last year in paractice,qualifying or the race. Great bunch of people out enjoying their weekend racing.
Are you interested in a drive SS?
Old 5 Aug 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2264018)   #260
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Already in the planning B24, will get an entry in as soon as the info is out...and will let all the other QLD competitors know as well.

We had a similar experience up here last year with the Queensland 500. No crashes and heaps of fun with cars ranging from a Porsche 956 to a Gemini...and a finish in the dark. Loved it...
Old 7 Aug 2008, 21:41 (Ref:2265578)   #261
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
Great to hear SS. I expect the information pack and entry forms will be ready this weekend. There has been some delay's due to one thing or another but they have been sorted now.

Re: GT3 CC at the 12 hour. I will be there.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2267167)   #262
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Some great racing in trying conditions for all. Outstanding drives by Bill Pye to take R 2 win and overall victory for the weekend. Victorians Jeff Bobik finished 2nd and R 1 winner Kane Rose was 3rd overall. Terrific drive by Kane to win first race in the unbelievably wet conditions.
Very promising Victorian debut for the "new" series. Reasonable number of competitors from 4 States and general good vibe augers well for the future-- just a few more potential long term competitors and it will only get better.
Old 14 Aug 2008, 23:44 (Ref:2269375)   #263
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Great drive by 'Mud' Pye in very testing conditions...especially after the spectacular off on pit straight during qualifying that resulted in a 'Pro Hart' 30 metre long mud splash on the outer wall. A couple of calming ales on Saturday night obviously did the trick for Sunday.

No car-to-car contact over the weekend which was a credit to all involved. What a great race track, just amazing...but all of us Queenslanders want to know (after a weekend freezing our b...s off) do people live in Victoria just to prove that they can?
Old 15 Aug 2008, 00:01 (Ref:2269376)   #264
davelise
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
davelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone pointed out to me that there are holiday houses on Phillip Island. WTF???

Sorry I didn't catch up with you guys on the weekend, we had a busy time but the truth is I didn't want to leave the "warmth" of our garage.

Some spectacular racing from the Porsche boys particularly Bill Pye. Kane Rose did an awesome job in Race 1.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 02:13 (Ref:2269402)   #265
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Dave, we stayed at the Eco Lodge. Apparently it has copped some bad local press, but we found it fantastic. Cosy little cottages, well designed to cope with a nuclear winter!

There was plenty of abuse for anyone down our end who opened the pit lane garage door too early before a race, there must have been 10 degrees difference between the rear of pits and pit lane.

Kane Rose has some go hey?, unbelievably quick in the wet race 1, he would do well in a Carrera Cup car. It was fantastic to get in behind the old master Fitzy in practice to copy some lines...but turn 12 for a novice is not the place to get brave and stick on his rear bumper so discretion was the better part...

Got good video though of going past him at hayshed (albeit Fitzy had a shagged rear wet) but that won't stop me telling stories...
Old 17 Aug 2008, 23:12 (Ref:2270710)   #266
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get rid of this unsuccessful one horse race, they should introduce Toyota and a Mistubishi in the mix to make it more interesting.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 00:08 (Ref:2270720)   #267
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
C'mon, be a good lad and move on...and do what the doctor says, stay on the medication.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 04:45 (Ref:2270763)   #268
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Get rid of this unsuccessful one horse race, they should introduce Toyota and a Mistubishi in the mix to make it more interesting.
I hear the grid is full for the next round at Oran Park at the end of the month.Most categories would only dream of that situation. In case you missed it at Phillip Island--Porsche race was about 10 times more interesting than the procession in GT-- or are you another" expert" who never actually goes to a race meeting?
I personally are not a great supporter of one spec race series- the Porsche series is not quite that- many different models can run.All it needs to make it better still is to include a few more models!
Old 18 Aug 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2271181)   #269
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Well said Silver...I've had a word to a couple of 993rscs owners and the beggars are worried about racing their appreciating asset!...hopefully when they realise that the driving standards have been set very high and car-to-car contact hasn't been a 'feature', they will come and play.

...just teasing!
Old 21 Aug 2008, 07:41 (Ref:2272553)   #270
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I personally are not a great supporter of one spec race series- the Porsche series is not quite that- many different models can run.All it needs to make it better still is to include a few more models!
The Porsche series would be a uber cool series....

if there were a few Ferraris and Lambos and Aston Martins running in the mix.

Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:39 (Ref:2272587)   #271
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Problem is FF that no one wants to let a Porsche take it up to that yellow ( substitute Orange/white/white) rocketship. Contrived regulations and the ineptitude of GT management that prefers "taxis" to upspec Porsches is quite ridiculous and will see GT remain shaky. GT management made the mistake of using the innocent (naive) Porsches that did run in GT with contempt and used them as canon fodder.The Porsches have already proven they do not need GT. I do not think the reverse to be the case. BTW-- I still can't figure how a car clearly capable of a sub 1.30 @ P.Is needs performance protection from anywhere.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2272659)   #272
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Problem is FF that no one wants to let a Porsche take it up to that yellow ( substitute Orange/white/white) rocketship. Contrived regulations and the ineptitude of GT management that prefers "taxis" to upspec Porsches is quite ridiculous and will see GT remain shaky. GT management made the mistake of using the innocent (naive) Porsches that did run in GT with contempt and used them as canon fodder.The Porsches have already proven they do not need GT. I do not think the reverse to be the case. BTW-- I still can't figure how a car clearly capable of a sub 1.30 @ P.Is needs performance protection from anywhere.
err.. so which car can go sub 1.30?

And, which GT car is a taxi? (this is a serious enquiry!)

Porsche DO need GT... worldwide it's proven to be the best playing field.

Porsches beating other Porsches is only interesting to Porsche people.... Which is fine, if you're a Porsche person.

I Like Porsches, I even have two in my workshop (but I don't let them speak to the Ferraris)..

But I'm not interested in "Porsche only" racing.

But that's just me.

BTW... one of the cars I have in is the ex Paul Freestone 04 cupcar (no real damage, only 4 or 5 races and ~4000km of track day playing), with custom made closed trailer etc... It's for sale and it'll be running at Island Magic if anyone is interested in looking/buying etc.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2272703)   #273
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience
The Porsche series would be a uber cool series....

if there were a few Ferraris and Lambos and Aston Martins running in the mix.

Hey Phil, I know the lotus workshop boys touched you guys up in the karts at eastern creek, but that's no reason to leave Lotus out the mix. A lotus guy could get an inferiority complex...
Old 21 Aug 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2272984)   #274
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
[quote=ff s conscience]

Porsches beating other Porsches is only interesting to Porsche people.... Which is fine, if you're a Porsche person.

I Like Porsches, I even have two in my workshop (but I don't let them speak to the Ferraris)..

But that's just me.

I don't want to pick a fight, really I don't...but this ain't 'worldwide', here Porsche clearly doesn't need GT. We're talking about the benchmark car being a 4-5 year old Cup Car and the drivers being enthusiastic amateurs, not the latest and greatest from Weissach's race dept with Herman the German at the wheel taking the fight up to red or green machines.

The series caters for the Porsche competitor, and does it very well. GT3CC and GT was on the same Shannons bill at PI...even allowing for the miserable weather, there was only 3 men and a wet dog there, even with large, competitive fields in both categories. Why, 'cause no-one outside the competitor base really cares, regardless of the players.

So us Porsche lads will continue to have a heap of fun roaring around chasing each other and have a beer and a laugh after it...because thats what this tier motorsport is about, for most of us.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2273052)   #275
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience
err.. so which car can go sub 1.30?

And, which GT car is a taxi? (this is a serious enquiry!)

But that's just me.
The Lambo will be very close before long to a 1 .30( a 32 is already close)
You misunderstood-- GT cars not taxis-- but management have let let Taxis run in GT race-- in preference to upgraded genuine GT cars eg Porsches. In fact the 360 GT was/is not eligible by their own criteria-- which is then altered to "legitimise" -- the point being it is ok to alter when it suits the GT management-- and then in stupid bid for survival includes Fords & Holdens etcvia expansion to another group of cars - not even Sports/Gt cars.
Reference to Porsche and GT was intended to relate to local racing--please tread in that context.
In past Aus Gt porsches beating Porsches was the only interest for Porsche guys as the spec was moved a country mile from what they were told.
To point out how inconsistent GT management is and has been-- you exclude some cars because they" might" have too much performance-- create a contrived performance criteria( which had nothing to do with other stated aims) then move the performance goalposts without consulting the large majority of the field( the same people who were making the survival of the category possible) . So then your survival will rely on the taxis coming.Surely treating all the issues involved with more common sense would have been better all along-- and even know.Get Sports/GT cars racing!