Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Nov 2004, 20:52 (Ref:1146942)   #1
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Checker 500

This weekend all the three major series are in Phoenix. David Starr won the truck race. Jaime McMurray won the Busch race. Who will win the cup race?

J.D.
Old 7 Nov 2004, 22:35 (Ref:1147029)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great Busch race, but I feal that Kyle Busch deserved the win.

As for the Nextel race I have no idea.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 01:14 (Ref:1147121)   #3
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
Dale Jr. took his second straight win at Phoenix. Kurt Busch again managed to pull a decent finish out of a bad day and held onto the point lead. He is still looking good, Darlington and Homestead are some of his stronger tracks. But then again Jeff Gordon is getting stronger each week and he was strong to start with.

J.D.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 01:49 (Ref:1147133)   #4
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Four teams can realistically win it all. Should be a good final 2 races, pretty difficult for them to play it safe.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 17:40 (Ref:1147731)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done to Dale on his second straight win at Phoneix.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 06:26 (Ref:1148238)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by muggle not
Four teams can realistically win it all. Should be a good final 2 races, pretty difficult for them to play it safe.
This is going to be exciting. Although Dale Jr is in the mix, I think the battle will be between Busch, Gordon and Johnson. Johnson has amazingly climbed back into a position to win the championship.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 23:24 (Ref:1149098)   #7
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if they will just fine Jr or deduct points for his windshield infraction at Phoenix.

From Jayski's

NASCAR officials confiscated the windshield from Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s #8 Budweiser Chevy over the weekend. According to spokesman Mike Zizzo, the windshield was too thin and not approved. A penalty is likely, but to what extent will be determined by Nextel Cup series director John Darby, Zizzo said. The penalty should be announced this week.(ThatsRacin.com)(11-7-2004)
Old 10 Nov 2004, 07:03 (Ref:1149220)   #8
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by muggle not
I wonder if they will just fine Jr or deduct points for his windshield infraction at Phoenix.

From Jayski's

NASCAR officials confiscated the windshield from Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s #8 Budweiser Chevy over the weekend. According to spokesman Mike Zizzo, the windshield was too thin and not approved. A penalty is likely, but to what extent will be determined by Nextel Cup series director John Darby, Zizzo said. The penalty should be announced this week.(ThatsRacin.com)(11-7-2004)
I would bet that his team will be fined with no points taken away.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1149545)   #9
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
If they find that it gave him an advantage on the track they may and should deduct points.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1149588)   #10
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
I think they took the windshield out before the race and qualifying and replaced it with an approved one for the race. It was probally caught in the preliminary inspections. NASCAR probally kept the unapproved part. Plus I don't think a thin windshield would have any advantage. The car would still have to make minimum weights so there would be no advantage in running a thinner windshield. It's more of a safety issue than anything.

J.D.

Last edited by kingfloopy; 10 Nov 2004 at 15:48.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 22:58 (Ref:1149902)   #11
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
Dale Jr.'s crew chief was fined $2500 for the windshield. It was found in opening day inspection. Dale Jr. didn't recieve any fines or lose any points. Kahne and Harvick were also fined $10000 a piece and placed on probation for their incident after the race. I don't really know why Kahne got in trouble, it seemed mostly like Harvick being an ill-tempered idiot like usual. He was beating and banging on Jeff Gordon for no reason too. I wonder why Childress keeps him around.

J.D.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 23:25 (Ref:1149922)   #12
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Quote:
Originally posted by kingfloopy
Dale Jr.'s crew chief was fined $2500 for the windshield. It was found in opening day inspection. Dale Jr. didn't recieve any fines or lose any points. Kahne and Harvick were also fined $10000 a piece and placed on probation for their incident after the race. I don't really know why Kahne got in trouble, it seemed mostly like Harvick being an ill-tempered idiot like usual. He was beating and banging on Jeff Gordon for no reason too. I wonder why Childress keeps him around.

J.D.
Beats the heck out of me. His childish tantrums are getting boring.