Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Classic Cars

Old 9 Mar 2006, 01:00 (Ref:1540851)   #1
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any Alfisti out there?

Look at THIS and drool!

Old 9 Mar 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1540942)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is indeed a beautiful car; many thanks for pointing us to it. However, since I don't think it had a motorsport career (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!), I reckon this thread is ideal for our new Classic Car Forum, which is where I'm going to put it!
Old 9 Mar 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1541656)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
That is indeed a beautiful car; many thanks for pointing us to it. However, since I don't think it had a motorsport career (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!), I reckon this thread is ideal for our new Classic Car Forum, which is where I'm going to put it!
Thanks! I needed that!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1542974)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
Look at THIS and drool!

The link doesn't work now!

Quote:
However, since I don't think it had a motorsport career (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)
It was Bertone's attempt at making a civilised road car out of Zagato's competition-oriented TZ.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1543028)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's hope thebear returns to repost the link; my 'Googling' has not found it.

Thanks, Dave, it certainly had plenty of echoes of the TZ2.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1543156)   #6
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Link seems ok now (Dribble, dribble....)
Old 10 Mar 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1543158)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Sadly, not for me, however!
Old 12 Mar 2006, 06:47 (Ref:1544153)   #8
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto, did work before but not now.

Nice car though, although I prefer the TZ2.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1589020)   #9
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Another Comment

Perhaps you might be interested in an overpriced '52 Disco Volante of `suspect parentage'?
Old 20 Apr 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1589586)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Now that really is interesting; either it is a 'discovery' or an amazing replica. That would surely be an incredibly difficult body to replicate and very expensive to do I would guess.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1589619)   #11
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States

Quote:
Now that really is interesting; either it is a 'discovery' or an amazing replica. That would surely be an incredibly difficult body to replicate and very expensive to do I would guess.
I would imagine that "Bobcor" (one of the bidders) knows the `story'. They are an old time ALFA race/repar/sales organization.

I am leaning towards `original'.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1589713)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, somehow it 'feels' right to me too; can't put my finger on why, though! Be interesting to see what it goes for.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1589715)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
However, the seller has added a note that he accepts that it could well be a recreation, in which case you have to question the veracity of the Vin no. (nothing new there then!). Still, a nice thing to have if recreated from period components.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1589736)   #14
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
A "link"

Another look at the Canguro with a stable link. be sure to follow the additional link at the bottom of the page.
Old 20 Apr 2006, 14:29 (Ref:1589740)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ah, got it; great!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 08:27 (Ref:1593504)   #16
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
The Canguro is great, it was interesting to see the comparison with the TZ2 as I have seen one of those in the flesh, the Canguro must be very low indeed.

They both look like the 8C Competizione concept car - I wish they had put that into production
Old 27 Apr 2006, 10:55 (Ref:1596136)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i have good news for you .. they are gonna produce it .. with a 4.7l V8 engine too

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Apr 2006, 23:40 (Ref:1596608)   #18
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Automobile Antics

Well now, how about THIS one?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 00:24 (Ref:1596621)   #19
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
That's great to hear Dani! Link - only 500 however which would surely be lhd only. So if they keep the current rules I would be able to register one out here in 25 years. That's ok, it would take that long to be able to afford one lol

Thebear - that is not bad either, again it looks great but unfortunately I don't think the front end would be able to be produced as is. It would be a departure for Alfa Romeo, they have never sold a mid-engined car, but I think it will fit with the sportier image they have returned to with the GTA's etc.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1597045)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i would love a "remake" 33 Stradale .. of course i won't be able to afford one .. but i'd love it nonetheless

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Apr 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1597085)   #21
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
i would love a "remake" 33 Stradale .. of course i won't be able to afford one .. but i'd love it nonetheless
So would I......both love it & not be able to afford one!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1597228)   #22
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Automobile Antics

Here is another intersting ALFA LINK.

Follow the link in the lower l/h corner for more information on the "Diva"

Old 1 May 2006, 02:54 (Ref:1598471)   #23
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Isn't that the same car? It disappoints me that they can make cars as stunning as these concepts and then choose to build something as drab as the new GT and Brera (looks very reminiscent of a 149 hatch).
Old 1 May 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1598656)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
Well now, how about THIS one?
Looks like a sexed up Lotus Elise...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 May 2006, 23:55 (Ref:1599060)   #25
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
That's a bad thing? It's a bit bigger & badder with the 3.2l GTA V6 though