Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jul 2016, 04:27 (Ref:3657739)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Hamilton-Rosberg fued

Moneys on the German car manufacturer to fire their German driver next time they crash..
Old 9 Jul 2016, 05:02 (Ref:3657742)   #2
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually it's feud......listen to spellcheck.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 05:31 (Ref:3657746)   #3
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post
Actually it's feud......listen to spellcheck.
Lrean how to spell mate.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 14:41 (Ref:3657815)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If it comes to crisis point - and I'm not entirely convinced it will - letting Rosberg go over Hamilton is a no-brainer.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3659438)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm, 3 times WDC against a 2 times runner-up? It does look likely he'll be let go. Ironically though, I do think he has really upped his game this year - and provided a bigger challenge to Lewis.

The Mercedes situation with their drivers does look interesting.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 06:34 (Ref:3659533)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Classic melt down when no.2 decides he doesn't want to be no.2 anymore and the system collapses!

Didn't Ferrari go through this several times, Mclaren in Hamilton's first season, Red Bull in the Webber days?

Not looking good for Mercedes but great for us!
Old 19 Jul 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3659589)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i notice there's a small charm offensive from the rosberg camp in the uk press today - looks like he's called the paps on himself with his missus and young daughter at the beach and he's in the daily mail, plus he's given a ~human interview to the guardian.

your move, lewis
Old 19 Jul 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3659596)   #8
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Englishman said: "It's a wonderful feeling, winning in front of your home crowd. I'm still buzzing from it now and looking forward to carrying those positive vibes into the next race weekend.

"Ever since the low of Barcelona I've been able to cultivate this really strong mental attitude and I'm really feeling that fire inside me right now. Of course, I have good days and bad days like everyone else.

"But whatever the case, I'm able to turn negatives into positives when it counts. I'm feeling fresh, feeling powerful and feeling confident heading to Hungary.

"It's a track that for some reason has always suited my style and I have incredible support there, so I can't wait to get to out on track.

"The past couple of years I haven't had the smoothest weekends in Budapest, of course. But I know I've got the pace, so I'm gunning to turn that around this time."

From Eurosport web site.

No comment.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 14:36 (Ref:3659600)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well Rosberg needs to lay down a marker this weekend and beat Lewis, otherwise he may just be kissing goodbye to the title this year
Old 19 Jul 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3659602)   #10
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess my question is : Is there a driver out there who would accept being the number 2 driver and watch the back of Lewis as the primary driver? Lewis could then possibly click off 2 or 3 more championships as Ruebens and Michael did.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3659606)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i notice there's a small charm offensive from the rosberg camp in the uk press today - looks like he's called the paps on himself with his missus and young daughter at the beach and he's in the daily mail, plus he's given a ~human interview to the guardian.

your move, lewis
yeah i also thought that Guardian interview was fairly candid and honest. i liked it.

in a way its odd though as NR does far more to humanize LH in this article then LH could ever do for himself. whether this is intentional or not i dont know but it left me with two impressions a) that NR is really a nice person, and b) he is very aware that he is playing catchup to LH.

whether that realization helps him raise his game to the next level or not remains to be seen...11 races and 275 points up for grabs so lots of racing to go!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...on-f1-mercedes
Old 19 Jul 2016, 15:20 (Ref:3659609)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think that's more of a reflection on your values and lifestyle matching rosbergs more than hamiltons to be honest!

nico is an intellectual guy, imo anything he says has been thought about and chosen carefully. you're relating to him because he wants you to. lewis is more off-the-cuff, and he says whatever he's thinking without a filter.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 15:22 (Ref:3659610)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fair point.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3659611)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
nico is a really good guy though, if you ask anyone who has ever worked with him they'll say the same thing. i think people sometimes only recognise 'personality' as a very strong characteristic, you can't just be smart and funny, you have to be smart, funny and great at playing the guitar, or one-liners, or hosting a party, or all of the above.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3659615)   #15
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
nico is a really good guy though, if you ask anyone who has ever worked with him they'll say the same thing. i think people sometimes only recognise 'personality' as a very strong characteristic, you can't just be smart and funny, you have to be smart, funny and great at playing the guitar, or one-liners, or hosting a party, or all of the above.
You could almost be talking about me Bella
Bob
Old 19 Jul 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3659630)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If two people are fighting for the same thing then all friendships will be suspended during that fight, i suspect that the press like to wind things ups and it suits all concerned at the moment but in the long term they will drift back together as many of the great rivals over the years have done.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 21:02 (Ref:3659661)   #17
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If two people are fighting for the same thing then all friendships will be suspended during that fight, i suspect that the press like to wind things ups and it suits all concerned at the moment but in the long term they will drift back together as many of the great rivals over the years have done.
Exactly. It's a pretty weak "feud". Two competitive people in equal cars, unshackled by team orders, they are gonna collide, they are gonna be wary of each other, there's going to be tension. That's not unusual, it's normal in such conditions.

It's not the high intensity, highly strung stuff of Senna and "He tried to kill me!" Prost that the media are trying to project. Not even close. Off track, Rosberg and Hambo may not talking to each other exactly but they are relaxed enough in their own skins and as contemporaries will ultimately repair their relationship.

I expect the Rosberg and Hamilton pairing to continue for a few more years. I don't expect anyone to be benched either. That's just Wolffs distaste of the nightmare of two smoking, disfigured cars getting beached in the gravel trap.

It's cool that he doesn't like team orders. But no team orders in a team with two drivers that are generally competitive as each other means the likelihood of them both physically tangling with each other is very high. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Old 21 Jul 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3659980)   #18
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Classic melt down when no.2 decides he doesn't want to be no.2 anymore and the system collapses!

Didn't Ferrari go through this several times, Mclaren in Hamilton's first season, Red Bull in the Webber days?

Not looking good for Mercedes but great for us!
Hmmm, yeah that is a good point. It does remind me a bit of the situation with Webber and Vettel from a few years back. However, I do think that Nico has been driving superbly this year - probably at his highest ever level. Hmmm, will he be able to lay down a marker this weekend? Claim a pole and a win? Hamilton is good at Hungary - but I perhaps wouldn't rule Nico out. Still lots of races to go. I've got to say, that it's a more exciting WDC than last year's one. Good on Mercedes for allowing their drivers to race one another(even if they have crashed into one another a few times) - we don't want the old Ferrari situation do we?

It does remain to be seen though, how long you can have two very competitive drivers fighting one another in a team. Eventually, I think someone will find the tension to much and leave.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 00:47 (Ref:3660049)   #19
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Reutemann in 1981. Clearly.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 08:19 (Ref:3660093)   #20
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Two more years then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36864370
Old 22 Jul 2016, 09:31 (Ref:3660099)   #21
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnfKmNRfLYU
Old 22 Jul 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3660200)   #22
stripedcat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Two more years of these two fighting for WDCs for Mercedes then.

Nico decided to stay - and also Mercedes decided to keep him. Probably a wise choice on both parts. The best car for Nico - and he is still leading the WDC.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 23:39 (Ref:3660487)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is a tedious feud. If only one of them was interesting. Shiny earring or being unable to get out of a car isn't enough to be interesting.
Old 24 Jul 2016, 00:18 (Ref:3660492)   #24
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Pretty much.

Old 24 Jul 2016, 16:49 (Ref:3660840)   #25
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This is a tedious feud. If only one of them was interesting. Shiny earring or being unable to get out of a car isn't enough to be interesting.
Couldn't agree more. Both extremely dull characters - one trying to find an identity for himself as a man, the other I'm still not convinced REALLY wants to be a racing driver. It's like claiming a feud between Senna and Berger rather than Senna v Prost - one is so clearly faster than the other.

Yawn.

Max/Dan has a lot more potential to spark the fan's interest - as most fans like Dan, and admire Max's insane talent.