Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
just bring a decent lock this time
It's OK, I'll have my bodyguard in the tent this time, no need for locks

I got my instructions today (through Pam) - £20 worth of meal vouchers and lots of goodies, very nice! We are certainly being looked after.
Not sure how much effect the overalls have, its a nice touch but I think the word is just spreading about what a great event this is and people want to see for themselves. It'll be nice to have the GP circuit well manned!
Old 11 Sep 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2287357)   #302
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just received my paperwork but alas no tickets any one else got this problem got intouch with will send them next week hope they get here in time.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2287362)   #303
Nexus
Racer

England
Chesterfield, Derbys
Nexus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overalls or not, I would be there regardless. No tickets from BRSCC yet, not worried.... yet
Old 11 Sep 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2287363)   #304
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know I have been very effusive about the 24Hr at Oulton along with Gravel Monkey, PeteH, MMM5 and others, so maybe youre right and the cynic in me needs to take a vacation for once.

I just love this event as last year was my first and I still smile when I recall arriving on Saturday evening after having done the 750MC at Oulton park. Listening to Radio LeMans' John Hindhaugh interviewing Mr James tucker in my car from Towcester. Only to be met at the bottom of race control by the man himself with a handshake and a hearty welcome and thanks for making the effort.

I will add too that I am a member of the EERC so I too would have done this for no goodies at all, just for the memories and stories to tell on the bank in months to come.

Sorry for my initial cynisism Justin
Old 11 Sep 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2287378)   #305
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
like wise great weekend i enjoy coming up from snett made to feel very welcome.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2287417)   #306
peteh
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
peteh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just waiting for the tickets now and then i'm there. Fully stocked with relentless and proplus and raring to go.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 19:16 (Ref:2287428)   #307
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not heard anything yet,will give it till the weekend before the panic sets in.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2287457)   #308
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to this years event as I missed last years due to recovering from an operation on my leg 4 days before. It wasn't the same sat at home listening to the live commentry with the MST timing screen on the computer. Hope this years will be as enjoyable as the first two.

All I need to do now is sort out a way to get my son up on the Friday evening so he can marshal as well. Plan A is to leave Silverstone at 2.30, drive to Norfolk and then get back to the circuit around 8pm for night practice. Plan B is for a nice friendly, as we all are,marshal to pck Tom up on the Friday evening to save me the mad dash across the country. Rewards of beer giiven to the volunteer!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 11 Sep 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2287497)   #309
graham-ne
Rookie

United Kingdom
darlington
graham-ne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any know who to ring as i have not received any tickets or passes yet
Old 11 Sep 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2287505)   #310
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham-ne
any know who to ring as i have not received any tickets or passes yet
Dont panic Graham! Pieman is very busy with the LMS and I'm sure your passes will arrive in due course!

I aint got none either! Chill and all will be well!
Old 11 Sep 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2287508)   #311
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neither have I. I'm sure they'll be along soon. Incidentally, I could do with a spare set of tickets if anyone has one. Ta muchly!
Old 11 Sep 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2287512)   #312
Simes
Rookie

Simes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I see nothin by monday

Thats when I panic...

I just hope everything is OK... Am sooo looking forwards to it .. along with AMOC this weekend..
Old 11 Sep 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2287527)   #313
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
Neither have I. I'm sure they'll be along soon. Incidentally, I could do with a spare set of tickets if anyone has one. Ta muchly!
pm me your details and I should be able to help - assuming we get them in time for me to post
Old 11 Sep 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2287533)   #314
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Wonder if its to do with the offer of free overalls?

nah, i'm only coming because the Vulcan will (hopfully) be doing its fly past on the Saturday...

Seriously, till the Top Gear ep, i'd never heard of the meeting, and after the 2cv 24hr and speaking to the chappie at the Autosport stand... i was gonna do it... overalls or no overalls

i guess that Top Gear will have raised the profile of the race alot tho.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2287538)   #315
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For the record, I signed up because I'm hoping to marshal at the Le Mans 24hrs some time within the next few years and I thought that this would be a great way of finding out whether or not endurance racing is my cup of tea. Free overalls will be very welcome, but to be honest they will probably just lie in the boot of my car as a spare pair.

This might be a daft question to those who have done a 24hr event before, so forgive me if I'm asking the blindingly obvious. But about the classes, I understand that six different colours are used to represent each class...

GT3
GT Cup
Up to 3500cc
Up to 2500cc
Up to 1995cc
Diesel

...but how will these be shown on the cars? And before anyone says it, yes I can tell the difference between a Mosler and a VW Lupo, but for the "not so obvious" ones it would be useful to know where to look. Ta!
Old 11 Sep 2008, 21:42 (Ref:2287544)   #316
PieMan
Seigneur des pâtés en croûte
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
PieMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRSCC tickets and instructions should be posted tomorrow - watch here for a full update, which I'll also try emailing to those on that list so you'll have confirmation that you are on it.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2287549)   #317
Startline Ed
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
Startline Ed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie
For the record, I signed up because I'm hoping to marshal at the Le Mans 24hrs some time within the next few years and I thought that this would be a great way of finding out whether or not endurance racing is my cup of tea. Free overalls will be very welcome, but to be honest they will probably just lie in the boot of my car as a spare pair.

This might be a daft question to those who have done a 24hr event before, so forgive me if I'm asking the blindingly obvious. But about the classes, I understand that six different colours are used to represent each class...

GT3
GT Cup
Up to 3500cc
Up to 2500cc
Up to 1995cc
Diesel

...but how will these be shown on the cars? And before anyone says it, yes I can tell the difference between a Mosler and a VW Lupo, but for the "not so obvious" ones it would be useful to know where to look. Ta!
If I recall correctly from previous years there are coloured circular stickers on the cars, normally next to the side numbers.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 21:55 (Ref:2287553)   #318
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startline Ed
If I recall correctly from previous years there are coloured circular stickers on the cars, normally next to the side numbers.
I thought an orange disc meant that the car was running on non-pump fuel?

Thanks for the speedy answer Ed!
Old 11 Sep 2008, 22:05 (Ref:2287558)   #319
pauwilson
Racer

Scotland
East Kilbride
pauwilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
...but how will these be shown on the cars?

From a flaggy of 3yrs 24hr experiance heres how I see it - ignore the dots and use my ingenious system that I am sharing with you below, you can thank me later for it

GT3 - Quickest
GT Cup - Quicker
Up to 3500cc - Quick
Up to 2500cc - Fast
Up to 1995cc - Mobile chicane
Diesel - Smokey

Famous last words Paul, "I can tell the difference between a Molser and a Lupo", try that at 3am when the driver bins it deep in the gravel and cuts the electrics - normally met by chatter amongst the marshals of "what the f*%k is that in the kitty litter"
Old 11 Sep 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2287561)   #320
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauwilson
...ignore the dots and use my ingenious system...
And what a system it is... you should copyright it!

I think it's going to be a case of preparing for the event as best as I can, but come next weekend a lot of it will be, er, feeling in the dark And speaking of preparations, I've got the Leinster Trophy - the biggest event in Irish motorsport - this weekend! It's going to be a great two weeks!!
Old 12 Sep 2008, 07:08 (Ref:2287802)   #321
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Same here, various people have convinced me the EERC is a completely different beast down south, and seeing them support A1GP at Brands has certainly made me see that. Thats why i'm more than happy to help out and at the same time to see what a 24hr as a marshal is like so i can think about maybe the Nurburgring or Le Mans for future years
Old 12 Sep 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2287926)   #322
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauwilson
From a flaggy of 3yrs 24hr experiance heres how I see it - ignore the dots and use my ingenious system that I am sharing with you below, you can thank me later for it

GT3 - Quickest
GT Cup - Quicker
Up to 3500cc - Quick
Up to 2500cc - Fast
Up to 1995cc - Mobile chicane
Diesel - Smokey
Brilliant !!!!

And to others who have posted regarding Assembly - if that is what I am doing this year then any help gratefully received and especially if the others know what they are doing (unlike me).

And, if I am doing Assembly, I must remember to check there are fire extinguishers to hand so we don't have a repeat of last year when the porsche pulled off on fire
Old 12 Sep 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2287999)   #323
thefilbertfox
Rookie

Umm al-Qaiwan
Surrey
thefilbertfox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is a google map for the 24. Not sure if one has been done already.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=...0ee3f40a6&z=16

Feel free to add to it (or amend if I have made a whoopsy)
Old 12 Sep 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2288210)   #324
johndpeat
Racer

johndpeat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just want to make a vital point to everyone attending this years event. Due to the number of support race and motor homes ect of 24 hr teams the centre of the circuit will be extreamly busy again. Don't be surprised if you cannot get into the diner car park as it may well be a padock for a surpport race as in previous years. No Private cars will be allowed access to the GP paddock. If at all possible please try to park by the marshal camp site along copse runway or the med centre car park if the main one is full and it is avalible. Thank you for your understanding.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2288423)   #325
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefilbertfox
Here is a google map for the 24. Not sure if one has been done already.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=...0ee3f40a6&z=16
Thanks for this. Extremely helpful .

Could anyone tell me what the usual or expected outcome would be if I were to turn up and camp at lunch on Thursday? Can I get to the Copse camp as per the map, ok and set up in a suitable spot? Or is there a time that we have to wait until?

Sorry for all the questions.