Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2753639)   #1
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will Heidfeld testing Pirellis help..

Mercedes F1 gain an advantage next season due to his feedback? Ferrari and Schumacher had an advantage with their so called "tailor made" Bridgestone tyres is this a slightly similiar situation?
Old 2 Sep 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2753653)   #2
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought heidfeld was no longer contracted to merc.
Old 2 Sep 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2753662)   #3
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
I thought heidfeld was no longer contracted to merc.
Correct. Mercedes released him from his contract so he could take up the role with Pirelli. Ant Davidson does the simulator duties for Merc so they aren't really losing anything by not having an official reserve driver, especially this far into the season.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 06:26 (Ref:2753933)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The testing ban means Nick never really got any time in the car anyway. What we can't be certain is that he's not feeding them secrets under the table.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2754038)   #5
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheese

Well apparently Pirelli, and FOTA, wanted someone who had no connections with any teams and no aspirations to be a driver in 2011 to do the tests, for obvious reasons. I get the feeling that Nick may have had to sign something like a non disclosure agreement to be able to do the job. So unless Merc have $100,000,000 lying around that they don't particularly want, I'd say no...

But then again, Micheal Schumacher is involved in the question, so there must be a conspiracy somewhere. My mate's girlfriend's cousin's great-grandfather's dog's sister heard that his current F1 comeback is actually a convenient cover story while he plans a coup d'etat in Equatorial Guinea...
Old 4 Sep 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2754431)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F. View Post
My mate's girlfriend's cousin's great-grandfather's dog's sister heard that his current F1 comeback is actually a convenient cover story while he plans a coup d'etat in Equatorial Guinea...
You heard that too!

No photoshopped photographs of TGF in any sort of military uniform please!!!!

I hear that Pirelli's plans for world domination are going well. But I don't think that anything Heidfeld is currently doing in a Toyota 'mule' car is going to be of that much use to anyone currently developing a 2011 car.

I would think that Pirelli would be wanting Heidfeld to ensure that it's tyres are as similar to Bridgestones as possible, and so don't expect too much in the way of change next season.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2754450)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The problem with having Heidfeld testing the Pirellis is that we won't know how they hold up at high speeds until the first Grand Prix of the season.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2754500)   #8
jobdone
Racer

jobdone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd have thought with his experience of Pirelli's, Heidfeld would be hot property next season. To be fair he should be on the grid this year anyway!
Old 4 Sep 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2754512)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
The problem with having Heidfeld testing the Pirellis is that we won't know how they hold up at high speeds until the first Grand Prix of the season.
What does that mean?
Old 4 Sep 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2754522)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think that Pirelli are more than capable of putting a tyre together that can withstand an entire race, let alone have to be swapped for another set at some point during the race.

I have no doubt that Pirelli will get much more testing done before the season is out. Maybe some at Monza too!
Old 4 Sep 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2754579)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Brilliant !
Old 4 Sep 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2754597)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

Brilliant !
Thank God someone realised the joke!
Old 5 Sep 2010, 03:04 (Ref:2754626)   #13
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Hoho! Nice one Super Hans.
Old 5 Sep 2010, 07:36 (Ref:2754656)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom

Maybe the 2011 season would be even more exciting if they had Yuji Ide doing the testing?