Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jun 2013, 23:08 (Ref:3261198)   #251
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Yet another year at Red Bull for Vettel. What a bore that man is.
Two years actually. Sorry to heap more misery on to you.

Out of Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso, it's Alonso who has had the most varied career in F1. Vettel and Hamilton seem to have been rather more 'boring' in that respect. Kimi even did some rallying!

Also, with rather more complex regulations in F1 for next season, I would want Adrian Newey on my team, regardless of engine supplier.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3261210)   #252
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Based on what I read about Seb, his numbers and accomplishments mean a lot to him as well as his place in F1 history.

For that reason I never believed he was going to Ferrari despite hoping for it. IMHO for the present, RBR gives him the best shot at equaling Schumi's records which I have a feeling he covets.

Regardless I'm glad to see him stick with the team. A lot of hard work has gone into helping him win three titles and I am sure this will be a boost to the team going forward.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3261219)   #253
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I had my doubts about Vettel going to Ferrari. He's got it pretty good at RBR. He's their number one driver, RBR have the financial resources and they've got the best designer in F1. Why would he want to leave, with the uncertainty that can come with switching teams?
Because many see Vettel as the next Schumacher. Then they pretend Seb would do the same as TGF did in 1996-97, it means: switching to Ferrari, lure with him some of his previous team personnel et al and, at the end, making the Scuderia the super-winning team as RBR is now. Also is the comparison that Red Bull as energy drink company seems to be quite strange to be a motorsport landmark as it was Benetton, a cloth designer company.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 00:49 (Ref:3261227)   #254
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I had my doubts about Vettel going to Ferrari. He's got it pretty good at RBR. He's their number one driver, RBR have the financial resources and they've got the best designer in F1. Why would he want to leave, with the uncertainty that can come with switching teams?
When you see how Ferrari has treated some of its past champions, Vettel would be nuts to get involved with them.

Dumped Schumi, Kimi, for the next big thing.

Going to Ferrari is just buying into their hype!

RBR (Newey, Vettel, Horner, Marko and Matescitz) + Renault would provide a far more potent title winning combination and pleasant place to work than the comparatively divided and politically fraught Ferrari team - imo.

Chasing money would be the only reason to go to Ferrari!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 01:44 (Ref:3261236)   #255
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Yet another year at Red Bull for Vettel. What a bore that man is.
If rumours are to be believed, then Alonso had it written into his contract that Ferrari were not allowed to sign Vettel whilst he (FA) was at the team, so blame Fernando for Seb staying at Red Bull
Old 12 Jun 2013, 01:57 (Ref:3261240)   #256
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
There is no such thing as honour in (motor)sport, but pushing Schumacher out was very classless. You let that man finish his career in a Ferrari and exit the sport head held high. If you are gonna jerk around drivers, they may be less likely to sign with you.

As for booting Kimi for Fern... Has Fern got a WDC yet, or...?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 06:59 (Ref:3261293)   #257
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
There is no such thing as honour in (motor)sport, but pushing Schumacher out was very classless. You let that man finish his career in a Ferrari and exit the sport head held high. If you are gonna jerk around drivers, they may be less likely to sign with you.

He got a couple for an old mans clothing designer. But no not for Ferrari, but I don't think anyone would disagree that nando is Ferrari's best chance at getting a title over Kimi, especially seen as Massa was cleaning him up when he was dropped.

The Kimi of 2012/13 is very much a changed man I think, very consistent since his return. But he wouldn't have won any titles with Ferrari if they kept him on.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3261519)   #258
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post

Nearly. That said, would Ferrari have shaped itself around Kimi in 2010 ? Would we have heard, "Felipe, Kimi, is, faster, than, you!" ? I don't think so!

Fernando to Ferrari was always the best bet i think, Ferrari had lost direction and Kimi had lost interest.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3261541)   #259
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
When you see how Ferrari has treated some of its past champions, Vettel would be nuts to get involved with them.

Going to Ferrari is just buying into their hype!

RBR (Newey, Vettel, Horner, Marko and Matescitz) + Renault would provide a far more potent title winning combination and pleasant place to work than the comparatively divided and politically fraught Ferrari team - imo.

Chasing money would be the only reason to go to Ferrari!
I wouldn't be surprised if RBR have upped the pay package, they aren't exactly short of money, just look at all the sponsorship deals they are involved with.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:46 (Ref:3261547)   #260
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sooooooo ... we can close this thread now. Yes?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3261559)   #261
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please do it.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3261771)   #262
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have more respect for Vettel now than I do Alonso because Vettel said he was prepared to go up against Hamilton in the same team and Alonso vetoed it.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3261838)   #263
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I have more respect for Vettel now than I do Alonso because Vettel said he was prepared to go up against Hamilton in the same team and Alonso vetoed it.
In fairness to Alonso he has had the experience of having Hamilton as a team mate, Vettel hasn't!

I am not sure that all the drawbacks are related to Hamilton's speed as a driver?

I completely agree with your sentiment though!
Old 13 Jun 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3262114)   #264
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, feel the same about it. It seems 2014 will be an interesting year for F1...
Old 13 Jun 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3262173)   #265
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
How could he contemplate leaving the team that have nurtured him from a young age to go to one where the car is clearly slower than the on he already drives?
This makes me think of.... Lewis Hamilton.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3262188)   #266
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
This makes me think of.... Lewis Hamilton.
Luckily for Lewis, the car he went to turned out to be faster !
Old 13 Jun 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3262231)   #267
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
All that tyre testing with Pirelli sure helped.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3262348)   #268
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
At least, over one lap it is.

Quote:
All that tyre testing with Pirelli sure helped.
1,000 kms of testing......that's about 300 laps around Monaco, or nearly the distance of 4 Monaco GPs!

This thread needs closing, Vettel's going nowhere.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 02:13 (Ref:3262397)   #269
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
At least, over one lap it is.

The car he's gone to is faster over every lap than the car he left behind
Old 14 Jun 2013, 02:29 (Ref:3262401)   #270
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Going up against Hamilton in the same team and going up against Hamilton in Ron Dennis' team circa 2007 are likely two different kettles of fish. I'm not sure I'd begrudge anyone a veto of the latter...
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3262563)   #271
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post

As an aside who will replace Vettel at RB as I doubt the STR drivers will be ready. Webber could stay on for continuity. The only top liner I see being available next year is Kimi, or possibly one of the young guns may step up to the top table.
Unless McLaren gets its act together pdq I can see Jenson heading into Horner's corner.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3262574)   #272
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely time to close this thread.

Anyone going to start the "Vettel to Ferrari in 2015" one?
Old 14 Jun 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3262615)   #273
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Okay, it looks like we're done and dusted here. Thanks for the contributions.
Closed Thread