Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 2004, 13:07 (Ref:852204)   #1
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Negotiations Jos-Jordan have ended without agreement

A newsflash just in: The dutch fansite www.verstappen.nl just announced that negotiations between Jordan and Jos have been broken off. Unfortunately the text is in Dutch, but i guess other newssites will have the story also soon. As I read it, the initiative to end relations came from the Verstappen camp

love, bridget (who's a bit sad :-(
Old 27 Jan 2004, 13:13 (Ref:852211)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly, should this report be confirmed by official sources, I wouldn't be that surprised: negotiations had lasted too long.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 13:43 (Ref:852243)   #3
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Too bad. Looks like the "Boss" won't be driving in the black OR the yellow "minnows"
Old 27 Jan 2004, 13:49 (Ref:852251)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good news. About time this sorry saga was drawn to an end.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 13:52 (Ref:852256)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Nothing on Autosport or F1-Live yet.

IF the Jos camp have decided to pull out of the drive, i'm not sure i understand, after all, it's only 3 days since Jos's people told the world that EJ had agreed to a verbal contract.

Maybe they were not entirely correct with that statement?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:01 (Ref:852272)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe not......

Did we all believe it at the time, or is this latest newsflash designed to jog Eddie's memory? Listen up or you lose the cash?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:02 (Ref:852275)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wouldn't bode well for Jordan if negotiations break down this late in the game.

He needs to get the deal done.

Danica Patrick
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:06 (Ref:852282)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is there any other cash about for Eddie if the Trust deal goes out of the window?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:07 (Ref:852284)   #9
Svend
Rookie

Svend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodbye Jos.

Thanks for 9 years of pulling on the short end every time
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:10 (Ref:852290)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm not so sure he quite pulled on the short end (assuming I know what that means ) at the start of his F1 career.....
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:19 (Ref:852306)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
It wouldn't bode well for Jordan if negotiations break down this late in the game.

He needs to get the deal done.
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Is there any other cash about for Eddie if the Trust deal goes out of the window?
There must be if he's prepared to let the Trust fund go

I thought i read somewhere that B&H were prepared to put in extra £££ if Jordan put McNish in the race seat?
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:37 (Ref:852322)   #12
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Svend
Goodbye Jos.

Thanks for 9 years of pulling on the short end every time
With all due respect, thats a bit harsh. When i read the forum on the Verstappen-site, you can truly speak of "a nation in mourning". The last days the verstappen-site had about 300,000 (!) hits a day, so that must say something about the huge interest in Holland in Jos'future with Jordan.
Hmm, strange that NiceguyEddie hasn't turned up yet with his perpetual "I told you so "

love, bridget (who's still rather downbeat:-(
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:53 (Ref:852333)   #13
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't say I'm surprised either. At this rate, they'll have no-one before the season starts. That is, IF it's true.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:57 (Ref:852337)   #14
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:11 (Ref:852348)   #15
vroAAarr
Rookie

vroAAarr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tink (wishfull?) that it's still not over... They just stopped the nagotiations, they didn't tell eachother to @#%$^@-off and go to @#*%%. This gives both teams a (very) little breather and time to think in the hope they find out that they need eachother. But it's still for real (almost unreal) that EJ doesn't choose immediately for an 8 Mil. driver but keeps on nagging and nagging...
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:26 (Ref:852374)   #16
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
an 8 million driver....who has been dropped by team after team, why because he is not good enough to be in F1. EJ has a choice of taking an $8 driver who gets no press coverage other than assualting people, or someone like Say Heidfeild who gets race coverage for wrining the neck of the car, or Firman who brings cash and gets coverage for driving hard.

Good riddence to JOS, he has done nothing, and will not do anything in F1. Let someone knew have a shot.

I'm fed up with companies backing **** drivers in F1 just because they are of the same nationality
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:27 (Ref:852376)   #17
darcym
Veteran

Ps Joss is not the Boss.

See you in DTM in 2006 Jos
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:34 (Ref:852388)   #18
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Jos's people told the world that EJ had agreed to a verbal contract.
Please dont say Eddies going to spend the season in ANOTHER law suit about a verbal contract!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:35 (Ref:852392)   #19
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I should think so - EJ's not that daft. Glock's meant to have some pretty hafty backing behind him.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:36 (Ref:852393)   #20
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=67914

Story now on F1Racing.

"As a sponsor we have done everything we could to help Jos en wish to continue our support. It is however clear that there has to be a solid base for all partners to have a good season. This wasn't the case," claims Trust CEO Perridon"

Hmmm, can this mean that Jos and his sponsors don't think Jordan is up to the job......
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:48 (Ref:852416)   #21
darcym
Veteran

Trust are not going to announce "well we begged and begged for a drive, threw money at EJ, and made empty pull out threats for weeks - when then finally got the message that Jos wasn't good enough"

they are more likey to say something more neutral or put a bit of blame on EJ's door, so they can market Jos Italian F3 or some other obscure championship
Old 27 Jan 2004, 16:23 (Ref:852464)   #22
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, it is Jos and the sponsors who decided not to go through with the deal after seeinbg the contracts Eddie offered them:"We had to litle confidence of a good coorperation with the team"
Old 27 Jan 2004, 16:26 (Ref:852472)   #23
Pit_Lane_Babe
Rookie

Pit_Lane_Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I feel a bit sorry for him having to make the ultimatum to begin with, Jordan have left it a bit late in the day to say who they would lke driving for them. I know I would be like a cat on a hot tin roof, waiting for their answer.
If he had been let down a few months ago he might have been lucky enough to find another drive..........not very likely now.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 16:42 (Ref:852493)   #24
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surely it makes Trust's statement of a few days ago that a 'verbal agreement had been reached', must make it an early contender for 'Press Release of The Year'....
Old 27 Jan 2004, 16:45 (Ref:852498)   #25
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Pit_Lane_Babe
If he had been let down a few months ago he might have been lucky enough to find another drive..........not very likely now.
Not so - Jos has negotiated with every team that has a race seat available this year: Jaguar, Jordan and Minardi. The big mistake was dismissing Minardi when he didn't have any guarantee of a seat at Jordan.

Trust look like a shower of eejits