Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 May 2012, 08:16 (Ref:3070136)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[iV8SC12R10&11] Phillip Island 300, 18-20 May

The next round is but two weeks away... at the Island...

So... who will win... based on current form, it looks very much like an FPR v's 888 roadshow, with the rest mere supporting players.

Here's hoping it doesnt turn out like that down Cowes way... and that the weather is warm and sunny, and not a blast of icy chill from the bottom of the world.

PI = Big Power, and come onto the straights well.. FPR... likely... Maybe Mr Reynolds?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 May 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3070869)   #2
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One might opine that given the officials list has closed ( is full) there may in fact be more officials (and guests on free passes) than paying spectators ?

The Island struggled to draw a crowd to the 'signature event' the 500, how will a cold miserable mid May weekend prove any more alluring ?
Old 10 May 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3072243)   #3
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone remember what crowds were like at PI, when it was on during a cold, rainy May? Tbh, I actually think it's more of a "signature event" now, on it's own, without it being a pre-Bathurst warm-up.
Old 15 May 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3074749)   #4
Rick76
Rookie

Rick76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Davison

Mark Winterbottom

Jamie Whincup

Craig Lowndes

Shane Van Gisbergen
Garth Tander

Lee Holdsworth

David Reynolds

Jason Bright

Fabian Coulthard
James Courtney
Tim Slade
Rick Kelly

Jonathon Webb
Michael Caruso
Michael Patrizi

Todd Kelly

Steve Owen
Tony Dalberto
Russell Ingall
Greg Murphy
Steve Johnson

James Moffat

Alexandre Premat
Taz Douglas

David Wall
Karl Reindler
Dean Fiore

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/...nd-287421.html
Old 15 May 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3074809)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It shall be interesting to see how some teams will fair since there won't be any soft boots for the event.
Old 19 May 2012, 03:51 (Ref:3076282)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P0 For Codrivers exclusively...

P1

P2

P3

P4

P2 + P3 + P4

Qually to come.. FPR are absolutely flying!
Old 19 May 2012, 03:52 (Ref:3076283)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q10

No shootout today, so the grid is this line up....

#8 did well to be quickest Holden... Mr Ingall could keep up his practice form... #47 is the best of the SBR trio....
Old 19 May 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3076305)   #8
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well....... that was an interesting end to Race 10
Old 19 May 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3076307)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was pretty intense towards the end there.

I wonder what tomorrow has instore.
Old 19 May 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3076311)   #10
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Today also showed the folly of believing that leaving a car in a dangerous position is any less dangerous with a couple of laps to go. The coming together of those four cars on the following lap will be glossed over in the rush to finish under a green flag and not a safety car.
Old 19 May 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3076316)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R10

Series Points

#7 never really got to the bottom of Mr Premat's wreck either... presumably if #17 had fenced him (as Mr Premat's interview on #7 suggested) there may have been a drive thru for that car... that we didnt see...

Stewards Summary R10 & R11[

That #1 car would have to be more than a bit hurt after such a high speed hit, as opposed to a glance, from the #6 car... also expected Mr Whincup to be a bit more poopy than he was... especially after the last round where he was genuinely piddled off with the world...
Old 19 May 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3076318)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Today also showed the folly of believing that leaving a car in a dangerous position is any less dangerous with a couple of laps to go. The coming together of those four cars on the following lap will be glossed over in the rush to finish under a green flag and not a safety car.
If the accident between Mr Davison and Mr Whincup could happen once, it could most certainly happen twice... Mr Davison wobbled back to the pits with his smoking wreck, while Mr Whincup's was undriveable....

A local yellow will not stop a driver's mistake from causing an incident...
Old 19 May 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3076321)   #13
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Yeah, it was a pretty ordinary decision to not release the sc when it was necessary to do so. Just like at Wanneroo.
Old 19 May 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3076325)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Yeah, it was a pretty ordinary decision to not release the sc when it was necessary to do so. Just like at Wanneroo.
Gun shy?
Old 19 May 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3076329)   #15
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Interesting to see how Davison's and Whincup's cars shape up for tomorrow.

I genuinely thought the holdens would dominate at PI.
Old 19 May 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3076330)   #16
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Gun shy?
They have no problems pulling the trigger on other occasions.
Old 19 May 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3076352)   #17
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/05/19/...race-10-clash/

Blame game begins.

From where I was sitting (in this very armchair), it looked as though Slade had maintained a fairly consistant distance from the track edge on his right side, from the exit of turn 3, right up to the point of impact. He certainly couldn't veer left. There was a car there.

I doubt the officials will make anything of it.
Old 19 May 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3076354)   #18
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/05/19/...race-10-clash/Blame game begins.From where I was sitting (in this very armchair), it looked as though Slade had maintained a fairly consistant distance from the track edge on his right side, from the exit of turn 3, right up to the point of impact. He certainly couldn't veer left. There was a car there. I doubt the officials will make anything of it.
IMO, if anything Davison came across on Slade enough to instigate contact whilst Davisons contact with SVG at turn 1 was dangerous. Will Mark Larkham finally come out and admit that he is Dave Reynolds father ?

Last edited by Reload; 19 May 2012 at 10:24.
Old 19 May 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3076355)   #19
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was a bit ambitious from Will
Old 19 May 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3076361)   #20
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Racing incident.......livens up the championship.
Old 19 May 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3076363)   #21
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Gun shy?
Quote:
They have no problems pulling the trigger on other occasions.
Timmy is only ever Gunshy in the last 5 laps.

Can have that pesky driver safety nonsense getting in the way of the Motortainment now can we ?
Old 19 May 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3076379)   #22
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, pretty ordinary to leave the car there, it wouldn't have taken it long to drag it out of the way. Did Rick Kelly get a penalty for overtaking under yellows? How about Holdsworth (was it?) hitting another car and running off the track under yellows, without even mentioning the rest of that group? Together with the lack of follow-up on the Premat incident it was a fairly ordinary coverage today.
Old 19 May 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3076390)   #23
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
IMO, if anything Davison came across on Slade enough to instigate contact whilst Davisons contact with SVG at turn 1 was dangerous. Will Mark Larkham finally come out and admit that he is Dave Reynolds father ?
Can't be, Dave is an ok driver.
Old 19 May 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3076404)   #24
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Agree, he punted Shane off in a fast corner then tried to on the outside of a fast corner, he drove into slade end of story.
Old 19 May 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3076458)   #25
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
I remember reading in another thread (forgot which one and who). They were saying the attitude in releasing has changed because the leading driver don't respect what it means anymore. It was a good point, the current generation drivers, even in other classes the last 10-15 years, are a bit dumb that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
Timmy is only ever Gunshy in the last 5 laps.
Yeah, I know. Does he need a major accident to happen in that period to learn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
Can have that pesky driver safety nonsense getting in the way of the Motortainment now can we ?
Yeah, I know.