Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Mar 2024, 17:17 (Ref:4202578)   #351
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Seems that if you are looking for a woman to give you a thrashing, look no further than the England Women's Rugby team. Italy 0 England 48!
More than counteracted by Ferrari coming 1-2 in the Grand Prix!
Old 24 Mar 2024, 17:26 (Ref:4202581)   #352
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, which of the Ferrari drivers is female?
Old 24 Mar 2024, 17:31 (Ref:4202582)   #353
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
One could probably ask that about the rugby players!
Old 24 Mar 2024, 17:39 (Ref:4202583)   #354
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, I think the cue is in the original post. It was the England Women's Rugby team, thrashing the Italian Women's Rugby team. ?
Old 24 Mar 2024, 18:09 (Ref:4202593)   #355
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Intersting question but only anti-doping control result can say.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 18:11 (Ref:4202594)   #356
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Intersting question but only anti-doping control result can say.
Well your ladies did well against Ireland too.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 20:35 (Ref:4202617)   #357
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Depends what Carlos's doctors really operated on......

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 25 Mar 2024, 06:43 (Ref:4202649)   #358
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well your ladies did well against Ireland too.
Are you talking about the pee along the wall contest? Yes, more than two meters high can be rated as a good result.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 14:40 (Ref:4202721)   #359
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I raced at Donington Park in the opening CSCC Magnificent 7s race of the season. Very warm…..in the sun but very chilly if not.
A good and very busy meeting with approx 420 cars entered across all grids over two days. The recruitment of 3-4 orphan series from other clubs (the old Kumho BMW series, MGCC’s Midget & Sprites and their MG ZRs, and the JEC Jags and Hawthorn Jags) swelled numbers and was very successful.
Unfortunately I had a DNF with an electrical problem about 3/4 the way through my race but had really enjoyed it up to then.
I discovered later that had I finished I would have had a 30 sec penalty for a short pit stop - we have a compulsory 1 min 30 secs pits stop from pit in to pit out to allow (or simulate) driver changes but I did mine in 1 min 29.917 secs!!!
Rules is rules, I suppose!
Old 25 Mar 2024, 17:35 (Ref:4202744)   #360
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sorry for DNF, Andy. You already changed the wiring loom if my memory serves. As to your penalty it's because you're too fast!
Old 25 Mar 2024, 20:06 (Ref:4202763)   #361
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Sorry for DNF, Andy. You already changed the wiring loom if my memory serves. As to your penalty it's because you're too fast!
Hi Gerard, yes I changed the wiring loom a couple of years ago. Here the round connector to the starter motor sheared, presumably due to vibration, and that was that. We will look at re-routing the cable slightly I think.
As for being too fast, I don’t think anyone has ever said that before
Old 25 Mar 2024, 22:33 (Ref:4202780)   #362
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Hi Gerard, yes I changed the wiring loom a couple of years ago. Here the round connector to the starter motor sheared, presumably due to vibration, and that was that. We will look at re-routing the cable slightly I think.
As for being too fast, I don’t think anyone has ever said that before
If you can, tape/cable tie the lead to the starter body.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Mar 2024, 10:32 (Ref:4202834)   #363
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
If you can, tape/cable tie the lead to the starter body.
Thanks Gordon, yes we are looking at re-routing & will try to do that to take strain off the connector.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 13:45 (Ref:4202867)   #364
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And make a small bracket to hold (ziptie?) the main lead safely with no stress. The starter body can be very hot.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 18:46 (Ref:4202906)   #365
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone here at C/Combe for Howards' day on 1st April? Loooking for an entry list if possible, ta
Old 26 Mar 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4202908)   #366
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No entry list but I understand its the 500th meeting at the circuit and there's 2 f3 500cc races planned.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 19:43 (Ref:4202915)   #367
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Anyone here at C/Combe for Howards' day on 1st April? Loooking for an entry list if possible, ta
Yep.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 19:49 (Ref:4202916)   #368
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yep.
Great, hope to catch up, i've been through the mill health wise for a while, missed you at Brands.

Last edited by justracing; 26 Mar 2024 at 19:56.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 23:44 (Ref:4202932)   #369
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Great, hope to catch up, i've been through the mill health wise for a while, missed you at Brands.
Hope you are getting better mate. Was at Brands a few weekends prior for the bikes and Motocross hopefully this weekend.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 08:05 (Ref:4202946)   #370
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Hope you are getting better mate. Was at Brands a few weekends prior for the bikes and Motocross hopefully this weekend.
Thanks Will.
Old 28 Mar 2024, 06:02 (Ref:4203089)   #371
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I will have a couple of 500 there . Please come over and have a chat .
Old 28 Mar 2024, 17:03 (Ref:4203180)   #372
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic Touring Car Racing Club plus Mini 7 & Miglia, along with British Endurance Championship at Donington, Good Friday and Saturday.
Excellent grids and live stream both days.

Event details:
https://www.barc.net/event/barc-race...p-march-29-30/

Friday live stream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGlJJZFCew

Saturday live stream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5wVfA78aDI
Old 28 Mar 2024, 22:40 (Ref:4203212)   #373
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Classic Touring Car Racing Club plus Mini 7 & Miglia, along with British Endurance Championship at Donington, Good Friday and Saturday.
Excellent grids and live stream both days.

Event details:
https://www.barc.net/event/barc-race...p-march-29-30/

Friday live stream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGlJJZFCew

Saturday live stream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5wVfA78aDI
The minis are always fantastic.
Old 29 Mar 2024, 05:04 (Ref:4203237)   #374
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the links Malcolm. Something to watch munching Easter eggs!
Old 29 Mar 2024, 11:48 (Ref:4203270)   #375
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just realised its the Bathurst 6 hr Production car race this weekend. I had forgotten about it.

There will be a live stream for International viewers if anyone is interested. here:
https://www.speedseries.com.au/TV/.

(Note that is for International only and not for locals. (For locals in Aus its on FTA TV on SBS) Also on Foxtel

Full timetable for Sat and Sunday, covering the vast support programme which includes Sports Sedans, Trans Am, Tassie Tin Tops, TCR Aus, Improved Production, Hyundai Excel Series, Formula Ford etc
https://www.speedseries.com.au/TV/#1...-b04d766f-23c4

Event website https://bathurst6hour.com.au/