Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Jun 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2239298)   #101
Moby
Rookie

Moby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgive me for trying to lurch this thread back to its origin, but is anyone out there genuinely interested in racing / resurrecting modsports, historic or otherwise.

I'm very close to taking the plunge and building a Modsports TVR based on a 1969 car and hope that by the time its built some others might have either come out of the woodwork or been built and we might have the start of something.

Any takers or am I on my own??
Old 28 Jun 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2239350)   #102
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
there's the GT6 on another thread for starters...
Old 29 Jun 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2239601)   #103
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heres one of mine http://www.mgmidgetchallenge.co.uk/p...er&page=4&i=51
Old 29 Jun 2008, 13:51 (Ref:2239688)   #104
Moby
Rookie

I'd best get on with it then
Old 1 Jul 2008, 17:58 (Ref:2241606)   #105
cut7jag
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rotherham
cut7jag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John

No I wish I was !!! ... just a JAG NUT into the Coventry metal. I made a RISCA MKII Scale model if anyone is interested ... www.classicjaguarminiatures.com My next if anyone would like one is the John Burbidge monster E-type, either in kit form, built or limited edition on a base. I also made the Rob Beere E-type, I can post photos of my models but I don't know how.

Thanks Gary
Old 1 Jul 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2241634)   #106
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gary, welcome all the same!! I've responded to your post in Tributes. You will understand that we would wish to restrict posts in that forum to those of an appropriate nature. We also have no problem with posting links provided that they are relevant to the the thread topic. However, regarding your own commercial enterprise, any interested parties should contact you by PM.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2242049)   #107
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut7jag
Hi John

No I wish I was !!! ... just a JAG NUT into the Coventry metal. I made a RISCA MKII Scale model if anyone is interested ... www.classicjaguarminiatures.com My next if anyone would like one is the John Burbidge monster E-type, either in kit form, built or limited edition on a base. I also made the Rob Beere E-type, I can post photos of my models but I don't know how.

Thanks Gary
Nice models Gary; do you do commissions? I'd love a model of my late Dad's Costin-bodied Lister Jaguar.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 10:25 (Ref:2242104)   #108
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
However, regarding your own commercial enterprise, any interested parties should contact you by PM.
Ahem, Gregor!!
Old 2 Jul 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2242121)   #109
GBRM
Veteran

England
Sorry John, didn't see your message as it was on a different page, DOH!!
Old 2 Jul 2008, 21:49 (Ref:2242584)   #110
cut7jag
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rotherham
Hi John

Sorry if I did something wrong, I'm fairly new to this forum and thought you could post a reply to any message.

Thanks Gary
Old 2 Jul 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2242597)   #111
cut7jag
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rotherham
Hi Gregor

Provence Moulage did a nice 1:43rd Resin kit of the Costin-lister, PM went bust about 4 years ago but you still see kits on a certain auction site from time to time. PINKO have released a die-cast of the Le Mans costins which are ok but not brill. If you want to send me a PM you can because I don't know if I'm posting this when I shouldn't ?. Not had time to work out how I get my PM messages yet so bare with me and I suppose to post photos and start a new thread I need to join.

Thanks Gary
Old 3 Jul 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2242818)   #112
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut7jag
Hi John

I'm fairly new to this forum and thought you could post a reply to any message.

Thanks Gary
You can, but there appeared to be an element of 'touting for business' in your reply, but nothing to get too steamed up about, hence the nature of my earlier responce. Of course, if we are getting into the realms of models, Armchair Enthusiast is the forum for such discussions.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 07:16 (Ref:2242836)   #113
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
John you must admit it was an interesting comment Cut 7 jag made about his site If he didnt mention it we may never get to hear about it
Of course Im sure it would have been better if someone else mentioned it instead of the proprietor !!
Old 3 Jul 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2242921)   #114
GBRM
Veteran

England
PM sent & must learn to read all posts & not get excited by model cars!!
Old 3 Jul 2008, 13:34 (Ref:2243043)   #115
driftwood
Veteran

i get excited at Models ! prefer blonde busty very few clothes but hey whatever turns you on
Old 3 Jul 2008, 17:58 (Ref:2243227)   #116
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
And, you've been so well behaved of late, drifty!

And since I'm like a dog with a bone; there is a difference between pointing to a site, and touting for business ..... if only in a subtle way. This bit of the discussion is now closed .... please!
Old 7 Jul 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2246335)   #117
gtvsaviour
Rookie

United Kingdom
Brussels
gtvsaviour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is there any momentum on getting a race together? I'm now proud owner of the ex Ian Gorrie GT and would like to give it a thrashing if I can make the target date.
I'm looking to start the rebuild end August, so would like to know if I'm aiming for a set of reg's or doing as I see fit?
Being in Brussels would give me a bit of grief, but I'd make special effort or even loan/hire the car out for anyone wanting to have a go....... if that would help to fill a grid.
Keep me posted and I'll do my best to have the Trump along for the ride.
All the best
John
Old 12 Jul 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2249804)   #118
CUT 7
Rookie

CUT 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just to clarify
we r not the same.
Good luck.Mr jag
Old 13 Jul 2008, 07:00 (Ref:2249982)   #119
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I noticed a couple of modsports cars on Motorsport Ads over the weekend. A Lenham Healey and an E Type.
Old 13 Jul 2008, 10:20 (Ref:2250050)   #120
cut7jag
Rookie

United Kingdom
Rotherham
Hi CUT 7

Nice name you have taste !! .... Thanks Gary
Old 14 Jul 2008, 12:42 (Ref:2250619)   #121
Moby
Rookie

gtssaviour. I think its going to be difficult to get enough cars for 'a race', as people want to see what others are doing before they will commit. I think a better way to approach getting these cars out again is for all the people with cars to enter a championship already running. Pick one championship and as people get their cars ready one at a time they move into the same championship. It might take two or three years to get enough cars running.

At that point there might be some mileage in a class within the championship and if and when there are enough cars running, then a race or series of races could be looked at.

Have you looked at the Northern Sports and Saloons as a place to start. They have good grids of all manner of cars, they have a number of modsports cars already running and a modsports car will have a place. Whats more it has a cult following as a championship with people who still want to watch specials racing.

What do you think as an approach? I am just at the start of a build.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 15:03 (Ref:2250674)   #122
driftwood
Veteran

your idea has logic and OP does have the mixture of cars running so its "logical" to look at running there to get momentum
Old 14 Jul 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2250742)   #123
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the best place to start would be the northwest sports/saloon an already established championship with reservers at most rounds theres a class for most things from modified to special and there usually 7/8 modsports/special saloons the northern sports saloons is mostly kit cars these days
i now have 4 modsport/special saloons(spaced frame mini,mg midget,toyota starlet, su uki sc100)and would love to see a classic championship for them

Last edited by big andy; 14 Jul 2008 at 18:01.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3477100)   #124
AGU 587B
Rookie

AGU 587B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

I have recently purchased an e modsport Healey from the late 60's and lookng for photos of it racing during 68/69? Just wondering if anyone can help?

Kind regards,
Rob
Old 21 Nov 2014, 00:24 (Ref:3477106)   #125
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
any clues?
Country? USA, UK or where?
Healey Sprite or 3000 or what?
colour?
who drove it in period?