Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Jan 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3192622)   #101
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I think that merely highlights the fact that some of us like to make a good weekend of it and enjoy the social side as well.

Really looking forward to Spa, both the night race and the post race knees up!

and I agree, it better not rain, although I've had some recent practice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I think after two or three pages of discussion most agree that alcohol and historic racing go hand in hand, but hopefully not at the same time.

Back to 2013, yesterday I sent a race entry off! I can confirm, Gordon and Joe, that Cliff Ryan and myself will be joining you at Spa for the Touring Car races in May.

(Better not rain!)

Old 22 Jan 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3192787)   #102
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Are you not running the Delta Mike?

Email sent, Alan!

Joe- Am looking forward to Spa 'apres-race' as well, but do need to get back home Sunday....
Old 22 Jan 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3192813)   #103
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Email sent, Alan!

Joe- Am looking forward to Spa 'apres-race' as well, but do need to get back home Sunday....

Should be a great event,new Avons ordered,and some nice period auxiliary lights as well. As for getting home on Sunday.
Old 22 Jan 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3192824)   #104
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
........... As for rest of my season, a full schedule is on the cards, but none of it in anything of mine. T.........
gosh Mike - are you in danger of becoming one of those owners of lots of racing cars which sit indoors and never see the light of day?
Old 22 Jan 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3192829)   #105
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
gosh Mike - are you in danger of becoming one of those owners of lots of racing cars which sit indoors and never see the light of day?
David, if had the time and money to continually prepare them and race them every weekend I would! I'm very privileged to have been asked to share someone else's car and will get to race at 3 European circuits have not been to before. In between will be working on projects and re-prep ready for 2014.....

Old 23 Jan 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3193328)   #106
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
No - it's in the final instructions. You know, the ones that no-one ever reads

never a truer word spoken in jest!
Old 25 Jan 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3194195)   #107
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I do remember a single-venue (but two day) stage event - the Solway Lido - that was based in an out-of season holiday complex.....and the regs for that definitely included the opening and closing times of the bar....and a decently late start on the Sunday morning........part of the Lada Challenge, as I recall Must have been sometime in the 80s.....
You mean this one:_ The best single venue special stage rally EVER
Attached Thumbnails
Lido Trophy 001.jpg  
Old 25 Jan 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3194226)   #108
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and all for £60. Those were the days
Attached Thumbnails
Lido Trophy 002.jpg   Lido Trophy 003.jpg  
Old 25 Jan 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3194232)   #109
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Wonderful stuff. Old school motor sport.........
Old 25 Jan 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3194235)   #110
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Blimey what has old races and beer got to do with what are you doing in 2013, come in mods sort em out, I'm interested in what people are doing in 2013 but not the rest of it!
Old 25 Jan 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3194241)   #111
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What I'm doing in 2013:

Drinking
Wallowing in nostalgia
Drinking
Thinking how good I used to be

Relevant enough for you?
Old 25 Jan 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3194242)   #112
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Blimey what has old races and beer got to do with what are you doing in 2013, come in mods sort em out, I'm interested in what people are doing in 2013 but not the rest of it!

Of course, Al, you have never been guilty of off topic posting...

But if it helps- Last piece of my 2013 jigsaw finally inserted- All booked for Sebring Vintage Meeting Feb28th to March 3rd, sharing with young Cliff in his black beauty of a Mustang. I'm in charge of the autoglym, tyre changing and fuelling, of which it seems there will be quite a lot......
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3194280)   #113
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Don't know Al, but are you out for a beer tonight, to talk old races and what you are doing in 2013
Old 25 Jan 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3194306)   #114
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You haven't become a miserable git, have you Al?
Old 25 Jan 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3194313)   #115
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
You haven't become a miserable git, have you Al?

Old 25 Jan 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3194317)   #116
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I could never understand why Al has never done the "Meldrew"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Jan 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3194384)   #117
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
You mean this one:_ The best single venue special stage rally EVER
The very one, Robert....thanks for that....I knew I was right about the bar timings

Pace - Al
Old 29 Jan 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3195636)   #118
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I thought I was the catalist for the original Meldrew Gordon!
Old 29 Jan 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3195874)   #119
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I thought I was the catalist for the original Meldrew Gordon!
No that was Tim !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Jan 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3195881)   #120
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Nah I think it was me after I had a moan at Mr. Willcocks for starting a rival series to the one I was participating in, he even invited me to give out the prizes at the 1st one the cheeky sod