Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 2 Apr 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2857299)   #1
a310man
Rookie

European Union
Germany & France
a310man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone identify this Mini-based single seater?

The pics below are of a single seat racing car that was bought by my dad's business partner in somewhere around 1972. I had always believed the car to be a Terrapin, but after seeing pics of a Terrapin I think I am wrong. I took the pics (not good quality due to the Polaroids degrading over time).

Somewhere in my weary head I recall that the car was built (and designed?) by Richard Wilde. It clearly has Mini subframes front and rear.
Can you help identify the animal?

Take a look at my website too - I own Alpine-Renault A310's : www.a310alpine.com
Attached Thumbnails
Picture1.jpg   Picture8 mod.jpg   Picture4.jpg  

Old 2 Apr 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2857334)   #2
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone has obviously looked at a Terrapin and copied things off it. It must weigh a lot. Certainly an interesting version of a Terrapin
Old 2 Apr 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2857365)   #3
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think there were at least 7 'marks' of the Terrapin, so this could be one of the evolutions and somewhat different from earlier/later versions. The Mk 1 was designed in the mid sixties, according to one of the co-designers Alana Staniforth in one of his books. Certainly later cars did not employ mini sub frames - but the first one might have!

Last edited by phoenix; 2 Apr 2011 at 14:26.