Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 Jun 2015, 17:37 (Ref:3545842)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2015 IndyCar Series - battle for the title

Standings after Texas:

1. Juan Pablo Montoya (COL / Penske Chevrolet), 348
2. Will Power (AUS / Penske Chevrolet), 313
3. Scott Dixon (NZL / Ganassi Chevrolet), 305
4. Hélio Castroneves (BRA / Penske Chevrolet), 286
5. Graham Rahal (USA / Rahal Honda), 261
6. Marco Andretti (USA / Andretti Honda), 255
7. Sébastien Bourdais (FRA / KV Chevrolet), 244
8. Josef Newgarden (USA / Carp Fisher Chevrolet), 215
9. Tony Kanaan (BRA / Ganassi Chevrolet), 215
10. Charlie Kimball (USA / Ganassi Chevrolet), 214

Castroneves is close to getting out of contention for the championship. I think it'll be between Montoya, Power and Dixon.

Pagenaud and Hunter-Reay are having terrible seasons. Bourdais isn't doing bad with KV.

Rahal, Andretti and Newgarden are doing better than recent years.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3546074)   #2
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Power will make ist ahead of Dixon and Montoya.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 10:23 (Ref:3546086)   #3
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's still possible that Castroneves or even a complete "outsider" may surge ahead. I recall how Hunter-Reay was saying that his 2012 season really started after the Texas race. Before Milwaukee nobody could have possibly predicted that he'd win the championship. Of course, this time around, all Honda cars can be safely written off from contention. Personally, I'd love to see Montoya to go on to win the championship. That would be one of the most amazing comeback "Cinderella" stories.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 13:35 (Ref:3546146)   #4
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Dixon, once again, without really making much of a splash (race win notwithstanding)... is right there in the mix. This guy is so consistent - even when he doesn't seem to be having a good season, there he is.

I really hope a few of the others who are lurking around in the top ten can make a late-season charge to make things interesting.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 02:44 (Ref:3546337)   #5
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I want Helio to win it but I think Power will get 2 in a row.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 02:52 (Ref:3546339)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldnt mind seeing Mr Bourdais at the top of the tree. He doesnt seem to have the car to make it happen however
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Jun 2015, 02:59 (Ref:3546340)   #7
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
It's still possible that Castroneves or even a complete "outsider" may surge ahead. I recall how Hunter-Reay was saying that his 2012 season really started after the Texas race. Before Milwaukee nobody could have possibly predicted that he'd win the championship. Of course, this time around, all Honda cars can be safely written off from contention. Personally, I'd love to see Montoya to go on to win the championship. That would be one of the most amazing comeback "Cinderella" stories.
I agree, there's still 7 races left and a lot of points up for grabs, especially with double points at Sonoma. Assuming 24 starters that could be a 92 point swing in one race, with bonus points.

I think anyone from Pagenaud on up could put together a resurgence in the second half of the season and contend for the championship.

I'd still bet on Power or Dixon though.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3546614)   #8
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing Mr Bourdais at the top of the tree. He doesnt seem to have the car to make it happen however
I would very much enjoy this too. But agree re: the car. Still, maybe this weekend he can pull out another win in Toronto. That was a popular win among the crowd here last year - lots of folks around here who remember his previous AOWR glory days.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3546620)   #9
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I agree, there's still 7 races left and a lot of points up for grabs, especially with double points at Sonoma.
I completely forgot about that. I hope it doesn't screw over any of the contenders, I hate when gimmicks do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing Mr Bourdais at the top of the tree.
As great as it would be to see Bourdais challenge, I don't think he is good enough on ovals, which comprise 4 of the final 7 races.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 20:02 (Ref:3546631)   #10
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its between Montoya and Dixon. Power seams a bit rattled by Montoyas pace this year. Its harder than he thought it would be
Old 19 Jul 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3559604)   #11
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after Iowa:

1. Juan Pablo Montoya (COL / Penske Chevrolet), 445
5. Graham Rahal (USA / Rahal Honda), 403
3. Scott Dixon (NZL / Ganassi Chevrolet), 397
4. Hélio Castroneves (BRA / Penske Chevrolet), 391
2. Will Power (AUS / Penske Chevrolet), 390
7. Sébastien Bourdais (FRA / KV Chevrolet), 366
6. Marco Andretti (USA / Andretti Honda), 358
8. Josef Newgarden (USA / Carp Fisher Chevrolet), 352
9. Tony Kanaan (BRA / Ganassi Chevrolet), 324
10. Simon Pagenaud (FRA / Penske Chevrolet), 294

There's 3 races left: Mid-Ohio, Pocono and Sears Point. So that's some 150-ish points at stake.

Power is 5th just 55 points behind, so I think he's still in contention for the championship.
Old 19 Jul 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3559611)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Something else seeing young Rahal in with a real shout although he'll likely be overcome by the other Penske boys as opposed to toppling Montoya.
Old 20 Jul 2015, 02:08 (Ref:3559636)   #13
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burp View Post
I think its between Montoya and Dixon. Power seams a bit rattled by Montoyas pace this year. Its harder than he thought it would be
Add up Milwaukee, Fontana and Detroit where he got caught in someone else's accidents and Power would be right on Montoya
Old 20 Jul 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3559762)   #14
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dixie should leap forward after he wins Mid-Ohio again.
Old 20 Jul 2015, 15:13 (Ref:3559781)   #15
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Add up Milwaukee, Fontana and Detroit where he got caught in someone else's accidents and Power would be right on Montoya
I wrote that 6 weeks ago. He does seam to have improved his pace of late but the luck isn't with him. Montoya is almost on cruise and collect now. I still stick to my thoughts tho. It's between Dixon and Montoya. But if Rahal gets a sniff I'll cheer loudly
Old 20 Jul 2015, 17:13 (Ref:3559817)   #16
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dixon and Montoya have both won at Pocono, but I also think Dixon is much better at Mid-Ohio and Sonoma (which crucially is the other double points race this year).
Old 21 Jul 2015, 14:01 (Ref:3560025)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Oh, the last race is double points. So that's 200 points at stake.
Old 23 Jul 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3560434)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be great if Honda won because Chevrolet have by far been the stronger of the 2 engines this year & Rahal, well, what a brilliant year from nowhere he is having...
Old 27 Jul 2015, 04:11 (Ref:3561520)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As the season now stands there are 13 drivers with a mathematical chance of winning, with three races left.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/07/...make-up-points
Old 23 Aug 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3568031)   #20
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Provisional standings after Pocono:

1. Juan Pablo Montoya (COL / Penske Chevrolet), 500
2. Graham Rahal (USA / Rahal Honda), -34
3. Scott Dixon (NZL / Ganassi Chevrolet), -47
4. Will Power (AUS / Penske Chevrolet), -61
5. Hélio Castroneves (BRA / Penske Chevrolet), -77
6. Josef Newgarden (USA / Carp Fisher Chevrolet), -87
7. Marco Andretti (USA / Andretti Honda), 390
8. Sébastien Bourdais (FRA / KV Chevrolet), 386
9. Tony Kanaan (BRA / Ganassi Chevrolet), 366
10. Simon Pagenaud (FRA / Penske Chevrolet), 356
11. Ryan Hunter-Reay (USA / Andretti Honda),355
11. Carlos Muñoz (COL / Andretti Honda), 333
Old 23 Aug 2015, 23:01 (Ref:3568041)   #21
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The points scale for Sonoma is:

o- 100-80-70-64-60 for the top 5.
o- 56-52-48-44-40 for the top 10.
o- 38-36-34-32-30 for the top 15.
o- 28-26-24-22-20 for the top 20.
o- 18-16-14-12-10 for the top 25.

o- 1 bonus point for the pole.
o- 1 bonus point for leading a lap.
o- 2 additional bonus points for leading the most laps.

The scenarios are:

o- If Montoya finishes 3rd, he is champion.
o- If Montoya finishes 4th, Rahal needs to win.
o- If Montoya finishes 8th, Rahal needs to finish 2nd and get 2 bonus points.
o- If Montoya finishes 12th, Rahal needs to finish 3rd.
o- If Montoya finishes 15th, Rahal needs to finish 4th.

o- If Montoya finishes 7th, Dixon needs to win.
o- If Montoya finishes 13th, Dixon needs to finish 2nd and get 1 bonus point.

o- If Montoya finishes 10th, Power needs to win and get 1 bonus point.
Old 23 Aug 2015, 23:10 (Ref:3568043)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The points scale for Sonoma is:

o- 100-80-70-64-60 for the top 5.
o- 56-52-48-44-40 for the top 10.
o- 38-36-34-32-30 for the top 15.
o- 28-26-24-22-20 for the top 20.
o- 18-16-14-12-10 for the top 25.

o- 1 bonus point for the pole.
o- 1 bonus point for leading a lap.
o- 2 additional bonus points for leading the most laps.

The scenarios are:

o- If Montoya finishes 3rd, he is champion.
o- If Montoya finishes 4th, Rahal needs to win.
o- If Montoya finishes 8th, Rahal needs to finish 2nd and get 2 bonus points.
o- If Montoya finishes 12th, Rahal needs to finish 3rd.
o- If Montoya finishes 15th, Rahal needs to finish 4th.

o- If Montoya finishes 7th, Dixon needs to win.
o- If Montoya finishes 13th, Dixon needs to finish 2nd and get 1 bonus point.

o- If Montoya finishes 10th, Power needs to win and get 1 bonus point.
Thanks for putting that together.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 04:54 (Ref:3568116)   #23
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hard to see JPM denied now...
Old 24 Aug 2015, 12:30 (Ref:3568226)   #24
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Well, turns 1-2 at Sonoma are a funnel at starts and restarts...
Old 24 Aug 2015, 13:06 (Ref:3568243)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Hard to see JPM denied now...
Not wanting to state the obvious but he has been incredibly consistent. His worst result was at Iowa, where he finished 24th.