Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Jun 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3653895)   #51
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a quick look at the Speedtrap times, and Honda - whilst slower than WSR - were regularly quicker than the lead Subarus and MGs. They clearly aren't hugely quick in a straight line, but the quickest cars were more often than not midfield runners.

Take a look for yourself here:

http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=TO.../162403trg.pdf
Old 20 Jun 2016, 17:58 (Ref:3653902)   #52
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
and are they really the slowest cars on the straight line ??
FP1 - slowest two over the line
FP2 - Shedden, second-to-last (And Howard's was not a competitive speed)
Q - Neal, second-to-last (Again Howard's was not competitive)
R13 - slowest two over the line
R14 - 18th & 22nd
R15 - 17th & 29th
Old 20 Jun 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3653903)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems Collard is more patient these days. OK Oulton there is still a question mark over, but there's not so many silly incidents anymore. He takes it where he can. He's really matured with his driving this year
Old 20 Jun 2016, 18:58 (Ref:3653926)   #54
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I might be in a minority of one here, but Turkington caused that in my opinion. If you're going to close the door, close the bloody door, not some namby pamby half arsed effort too late.

Nice to see Rob Collard take the win, good to see young Ash Sutton on that mission too - nowt was going to stop him :-)
Old 21 Jun 2016, 02:08 (Ref:3654041)   #55
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a pretty action packed day of racing and it's always nice to see a new winner. I think we'll see at least three more winners this season and probably more if some of the drivers have luck on their side.

I wonder for how much longer Gow is going to tolerate Mark Howard? He's almost always last, spends more time off the track than on and contributes nothing to the series other than an increased likelihood of a safety car period.

The F4 organisers must be getting rather annoyed with ITV. Only 2 of the last 6 races have been shown.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 07:33 (Ref:3654091)   #56
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
That was a pretty action packed day of racing and it's always nice to see a new winner. I think we'll see at least three more winners this season and probably more if some of the drivers have luck on their side.

I wonder for how much longer Gow is going to tolerate Mark Howard? He's almost always last, spends more time off the track than on and contributes nothing to the series other than an increased likelihood of a safety car period.

The F4 organisers must be getting rather annoyed with ITV. Only 2 of the last 6 races have been shown.
I don't want to sound patronising, or downright rude, but I really felt for Mark at the weekend. He just didn't look comfortable in the car at all during races 1 and 2, and when the rain came down drove at a similar speed to the safety car. I know it was the first time quite a few drivers have driven NGTC cars in the wet (Ash Sutton and Josh Cook to name two), but he really looked nervous and didn't seem to want to push the car at all.

I don't know if you were there, or heard it online, but Alan Hyde interviewed him on circuit comms and he sounded fairly downbeat, saying it was far tougher than he had ever imagined it could be. Of course, you'd imagine, he'll improve with time, but even he seems to be getting frustrated at his lack of progress which must be a saddening position to be in when this is something - I'd imagine - he's wanted to do his whole life.

On an unrelated note, Stewart Lines looked pretty racey in the wet.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 19:43 (Ref:3654278)   #57
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had another cracking day at Croft on Sunday. Great to see the circuit looking stunning and the addition of the 2 giant screens really helped with keep tabs on what was going on.

As always there was great close racing in all the championships with no major crashes during the day tho the safety car drivers had a very busy day. And it wouldn't be Croft without the traditional rain

Any ways heres my vid of the days action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9g1...ature=youtu.be