Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Jun 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1323494)   #76
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What adversity has she faced?

Supportive family, comes from a nice place, has had the backing to do three full seasons of FRenault, plenty of coverage.

Not much adversity there.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1323497)   #77
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you want to get anywhere in motorsport you will almost certainly need publicity. If you have publicity, you will almost certainly be criticised by some people, idolised by others. Susie, by putting herself in the public eye, has opened herself up to that.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1323504)   #78
REALIST
Racer

REALIST has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenh
Judging Susie on results... now thats more like it. EVERYONE is entitled to do that because they are facts in black and white that stand true.

Agreed, she has been given plenty of opportunities and hasn't delivered. She is average pro - not clubby though, who'd you engineeer Senna?!? (Also if you were sponsor, engineer AND entrant it means YOU are definately club material - pro teams NEVER - not one - have a person doing all 3) Not that I am saying there is any harm in being club material, its fine. You just have an over inflated opinion of club levels of talent.

I just think she should be given credit for working so f-ing hard at it, in the face of adversity. Don't judge her personally, rate her proffesionally.
There you go again..... doing exactly what you have been criticising others for... making flaky judgements on the basis of your own assumptions.

And you still haven't answered my first question.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1323522)   #79
fantasytoca
Racer

fantasytoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Susie has worked hard to get where she's got to and whether she has misled people about her ankle at the end of the day is between her, her management and their consience - we will probably never know the full story of what has gone on.

Katherine Legge has also worked hard and yet the majority here still give her a hard time - she makes history by winning a race at Long Beach and do the majority here congratulate her - no - they slag her off instead because of previous misdemeanours - she had another cracking race a couple of weeks ago gaining a point for making up the most places in one race - and she has now completed two races full distance (and long distance compared to UK races and in the heat of California and Mexico) - so maybe she has learned not be as reckless as she used to be in her UK races. What is annoying if that if it was Adam Carroll or Lewis Hamilton making that success everyone here would be cheering them on from the bloomin rooftops.

Helen - are you swinging from a branch on the PMT tree or what? - coming on here insulting people does nothing except make you look arrogant and out of your depth. You criticise others for not having the balls to get up and do things yet post no evidence that you have ever got up and done anything either.

Of course we have the right to criticise drivers - I will never drive as well as Michael Schumacher but that doesnt stop me criticising his driving - I'll never play football as well as David Beckham or tennis as well as Tim Henman but that doesnt stop me shouting at the television when they make some foolish mistake - criticism is part of life - if they cant take the heat they shouldnt step near the fire.

Just to prove this is not a sexist pro female post there are well deserving male drivers too who have never had the opportunity to prove their true worth, maybe because their PR machine is just not good enough at creating the publicity to attract the right sponsors - Danny Watts and Alex Lloyd are two who instantly come to mind.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1323545)   #80
helenh
Rookie

helenh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=fantasytoca]Yes Susie has worked hard to get where she's got to and whether she has misled people about her ankle at the end of the day is between her, her management and their consience - we will probably never know the full story of what has gone on.

Katherine Legge has also worked hard and yet the majority here still give her a hard time - she makes history by winning a race at Long Beach and do the majority here congratulate her - no - they slag her off instead because of previous misdemeanours - she had another cracking race a couple of weeks ago gaining a point for making up the most places in one race - and she has now completed two races full distance (and long distance compared to UK races and in the heat of California and Mexico) - so maybe she has learned not be as reckless as she used to be in her UK races. What is annoying if that if it was Adam Carroll or Lewis Hamilton making that success everyone here would be cheering them on from the bloomin rooftops.

BRAVO - well said.

Helen - are you swinging from a branch on the PMT tree or what? - coming on here insulting people does nothing except make you look arrogant and out of your depth. You criticise others for not having the balls to get up and do things yet post no evidence that you have ever got up and done anything either.

No PMT! And yes I have a higher moral ground!

Of course we have the right to criticise drivers - I will never drive as well as Michael Schumacher but that doesnt stop me criticising his driving - I'll never play football as well as David Beckham or tennis as well as Tim Henman but that doesnt stop me shouting at the television when they make some foolish mistake - criticism is part of life - if they cant take the heat they shouldnt step near the fire.

Don't agree i'm afraid. Only critism of what you know is acceptable. Comments yet, critism no.

Just to prove this is not a sexist pro female post there are well deserving male drivers too who have never had the opportunity to prove their true worth, maybe because their PR machine is just not good enough at creating the publicity to attract the right sponsors - Danny Watts and Alex Lloyd are two who instantly come to mind.

RUBBISH - If Alex wanted it bad enough he'd make it happen. Instead of relying on his Dad to do it all for him. He'd be knocking on doors, and I know him and I know he's not.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1323732)   #81
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And after the previous comment by Helenh i have asked Mr Jinxx if he would like to enter the discussion.
And Helenh "calm down dear its only a forum"
Old 9 Jun 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1323769)   #82
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Helenh - given your comments about who is and isn't allowed to have an opinion, could you provide us with brief details of your own CV in motorsport...
Old 9 Jun 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1323816)   #83
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kb 1 - 0 helenh

Old 9 Jun 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1323825)   #84
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if we're going to go by seat time, the board is going to get really empty really quickly.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1323866)   #85
skyblue
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
skyblue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Russ. One might think that digital seat time added to qualification!
Old 9 Jun 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1323933)   #86
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A CV in motorsport doesn't have to include seat time of course, does it?
Old 9 Jun 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1323958)   #87
skyblue
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
skyblue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport 'seat-time', as against computer seat time.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1324048)   #88
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah well, I'm a goner then! Because my "seat-time" is nil.

(Though I can be pretty handy on IRL, old FF, F1, old cars round old Neurburgring or BTCC on the PC with a steering wheel and pedals...! So if it changes and that counts I'm safe!)
Old 9 Jun 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1324063)   #89
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really wasn't interested on endering myself to anybody, or discussing Susie or anyone else. I just wanted to get my point across that most people on this forum are small minded twits who need to get off their butts and compete before they are entitled to their narrow oppinions!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helen - You talk about not wanting to '...endering myself to anyone' (I'm assuming you meant 'endearing myself to anyone') - well you certainly haven't done that!!

You also talk about '....small minded twits who need to get off their butts and compete before they are entitled to their narrow oppinions!' (again your spelling is 11+ level, 'opinion' has one 'p', not two) - this apart, what a load of infantile tosh.

The premis that one has actually had to participate in a particular activity, before one is qualified to make comments, good or bad, is so fascile that it hardly merits a response. However, in your case I'll make an exception.

Jose Mourinhio has never played football to any serious level and yet he has just coached a team to the Premiership title in his first season. Sir David Frost has never stood for parliament and yet he regularly, with absolute credibility, 'grills' leading politicians. Fay Mascheler has never run a restaurant and yet her views on chefs et al are widely respected.

The point I am making is that critics in many fields (sport, music, art, literature, etc) have not all taken part in the activity that they're reviewing. However, this does not meant that they're not able to make intelligent, pertinent comments. Exactly the same point applies to motorsport.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1324083)   #90
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just because Susie has tried and worked hard in her career dosen't mean she should get a Seat, there are lots of drivers who have no money and try there hardest and get no where.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1324085)   #91
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
The premis that one has actually had to participate in a particular activity, before one is qualified to make comments, good or bad, is so fascile that it hardly merits a response. However, in your case I'll make an exception.
Premise. And facile.

I agree with your point though, it's like saying that unless you lived in Nazi Germany in the 30s you cannot criticize Hitler.

And criticism is a different skill to performing - otherwise Alan Shearer would not beat Mr Boring McBoring of Boringland in the "Most Boring Pundit" championship.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1324227)   #92
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Only critism of what you know is acceptable. Comments yet, critism no
I have never heard a more nonsensical comment than this!
Old 9 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1324266)   #93
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I thought I was the one that spouted the most crap on here!

I have a contender to my throne! Infact having just read all this thread I can safely say I've been well and truly de-throned!!
Old 9 Jun 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1324277)   #94
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No don't worry Gaz, you always win for sure. Hands down.

I crown you now.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1324292)   #95
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Suze! Fan Club renewal forms will be sent out shortly!
Old 9 Jun 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1324295)   #96
Suze
Veteran

England
Don't worry Gaz, save on the postage - don't need one thanks!