Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Mar 2016, 12:24 (Ref:3628015)   #451
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
WEC should also try to hire better comms for the fiawec.com stream, since they can't use RLM. And more people too, I think last year there were just four of them, and as a result at the end of the race all were really tired. Or provide an alternative natural sounds stream with no comms, so that you can sync it with RLM. (Completing muting the feed is not ok for me, takes too much away from the atmosphere.)

Can't RLM give up couple of guys while they take back Hindy? :P Particularly those who do ELMS (I'm forgetting the names now)
Old 28 Mar 2016, 12:33 (Ref:3628017)   #452
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
You mean Jonny Palmer & Bruce Jones (amongst others, including Truswell)? They've done an excellent job with ELMS and I wouldn't the swap but I assume the ACO want the familiar voices so they've stuck with Hindhaugh & Goodwin. The cynic in me thinks that they want people to assume it's RLM because Hindhaugh is essentially "the face of he band," but RLM have been at pains to point out this isn't the case.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 12:46 (Ref:3628020)   #453
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the beginnig Hindhaugh was in my mind the voice of RLM. However the voice I now associate the most with RLM is actually Truswell, as he brings data which others (in my opinion) can't duplicate.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 13:05 (Ref:3628025)   #454
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
You mean Jonny Palmer & Bruce Jones (amongst others, including Truswell)? They've done an excellent job with ELMS and I wouldn't the swap but I assume the ACO want the familiar voices so they've stuck with Hindhaugh & Goodwin. The cynic in me thinks that they want people to assume it's RLM because Hindhaugh is essentially "the face of he band," but RLM have been at pains to point out this isn't the case.
I was only talking about 24LM. Since now they haven't used anyone from RLM (last year: Bob Constanduros, Gilles Dawson, Mark James, Peter Dumbreck).

regular rounds: same as before
24LM: e.g. Palmer and Jones + some fillers name to allow sleep

For 24LM, Palmer and Jones have a bit less important role at RLM than Hindy? If I recall correctly, neither tends to be the main alternating commentator.

At least when you take someone from RLM, there's a guarantee that they know what they're talking about.

Or since I'm not a Hindy fan, I'll be happy to take Palmer for everyone round.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3628027)   #455
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
For 24LM, Palmer and Jones have a bit less important role at RLM than Hindy? If I recall correctly, neither tends to be the main alternating commentator.

At least when you take someone from RLM, there's a guarantee that they know what they're talking about.

Or since I'm not a Hindy fan, I'll be happy to take Palmer for everyone round.
Bruce Jones is a pitlane reporter for RLM at Le Mans. Jonny Palmer has been taking on a far larger role, for the last two years he's been commentating on RLM for both the start and the finish of the 24.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 15:39 (Ref:3628066)   #456
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like Palmer just "fine" but I'm not looking forward to the day when Hindy ultimately finally retires, whenever that is, and he (presumably) takes the place as the main RLM commentator.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 15:42 (Ref:3628069)   #457
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Bruce Jones is a pitlane reporter for RLM at Le Mans. Jonny Palmer has been taking on a far larger role, for the last two years he's been commentating on RLM for both the start and the finish of the 24.
Is that because Hindy is doing the TV comms?
Old 28 Mar 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3628072)   #458
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's not doing any TV comms (at LM). Not for the ACO feed, nor for Eurosport where his last and only gig was in 2011.

It's indeed prob just gradual shift to have him as the "next main guy", however Hindy still does million hours of voice work in the LM week, and the prepping up content prior it, more than anyone else.

Anyhow this should rather go into the RLM thread, no? Although I guess it sort of borders with the "official" ACO LM commentary for the stream I guess.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 17:13 (Ref:3628095)   #459
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's true - RLM stuff in the dedicated thread please.....
Old 28 Mar 2016, 21:01 (Ref:3628180)   #460
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do we know when the subscription package will be announced for WEC? I've just checked the app and it isn't there yet. I seem to remember it being about a week before Silverstone over the last two years.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 00:44 (Ref:3628235)   #461
deggis
Veteran

Finland
The subscription/package selection on members.fiawec.com is also still empty.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 00:51 (Ref:3628237)   #462
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Wherever Jeremy Shaw goes I follow.

Carlton Kirby is commentary kryptonite though.

As long as those two guys aren't in the same box, it's all good.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 11:14 (Ref:3628356)   #463
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Do we know when the subscription package will be announced for WEC? I've just checked the app and it isn't there yet. I seem to remember it being about a week before Silverstone over the last two years.
Seem to remember it's almost always really late in the day - to the extent of having to sort it out at Silverstone itself - equally that could just be a reflection of mild disorganisation on my part in the week prior to Silverstone.
Old 29 Mar 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3628466)   #464
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A battle of who is least organised - you or the ACO? My money is on the ACO!
Old 17 Apr 2016, 09:03 (Ref:3633670)   #465
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,
does the WEC now offer full races on demand when you buy their streaming package? And can it be bought without a credit card?
Old 17 Apr 2016, 10:26 (Ref:3633706)   #466
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by villeneuve View Post
Hi,
does the WEC now offer full races on demand when you buy their streaming package? And can it be bought without a credit card?
Yes, but replays only in the app so far. Qualifying replay was already available yesterday evening. No excuse for not putting them on the website too.

iirc credit card is still needed...
Old 17 Apr 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3633952)   #467
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, thanks very much!
Old 9 May 2016, 11:21 (Ref:3640308)   #468
Deleted
Veteran

Haven confirms presence at LM. No word on rest of the British commentarors yet
Old 24 May 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3644082)   #469
Deleted
Veteran

Great offer for Eurosport Player
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...f=25&t=1596740
Old 24 May 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3644087)   #470
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'm assuming I'm out of luck on this being in the US?
Old 24 May 2016, 15:40 (Ref:3644093)   #471
Deleted
Veteran

Probably yes but you could always try VPN or something
Old 26 May 2016, 13:19 (Ref:3644548)   #472
Deleted
Veteran

Bob Varsha claims they are [attempting to] expand the amount of coverage on FOX Sports, whatever that means
https://twitter.com/bobvarsha/status/735585897840840705

Meanwhile no news or details yet whatsoever on Eurosport front, other than they are of course covering the raceweek sessions as usual. One source also claimed that the whole race would be on ES1 entirely, but I'm not sure I buy that (although even last year the ES2 interruption was minimal)

This is also the last year of Eurosport's LM 2014-2016 LM distribution deal, signed in 2013 and initially having started in 2008, so fingers crossed the renewal is announced soon. But it could be done post-LM too so no hurry yet.
Old 28 May 2016, 13:29 (Ref:3645075)   #473
Deleted
Veteran

http://www.motorsporten.dk/tvguide.asp

According to this, the (Danish) Eurosport will show full 4 hour free practice again, and all the other sessions plus race of course in their entity too, except there will be 15 min breaks during Qualifying I and Qualifying III. Not sure how reliable this is, and if it applies to Eurosport International and/or Eurosport UK.

ES1/2 divitations do not appear in that list but of course Eurosport 2 is to get some.

24 Minutes show will come back again for those few that may care.

For the first time ever, Eurosport looks to show the Ferrari Challenge support race (in place of Legends), however NOT Road to Le Mans. While good that they are showing at least one of the supports, this is a bizarre choice - assuming the info on site is reliable - and I wonder if ACO done the mistake in scheduling the LMP3/GT3 race not directly after Warm-Up which Eurosport covers?

Last edited by Deleted; 28 May 2016 at 13:41.
Old 28 May 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3645250)   #474
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
http://www.motorsporten.dk/tvguide.asp

According to this, the (Danish) Eurosport will show full 4 hour free practice again, and all the other sessions plus race of course in their entity too, except there will be 15 min breaks during Qualifying I and Qualifying III. Not sure how reliable this is, and if it applies to Eurosport International and/or Eurosport UK.

ES1/2 divitations do not appear in that list but of course Eurosport 2 is to get some.

24 Minutes show will come back again for those few that may care.

For the first time ever, Eurosport looks to show the Ferrari Challenge support race (in place of Legends), however NOT Road to Le Mans. While good that they are showing at least one of the supports, this is a bizarre choice - assuming the info on site is reliable - and I wonder if ACO done the mistake in scheduling the LMP3/GT3 race not directly after Warm-Up which Eurosport covers?
Why are you messing around with danish motorsport news sites? Do you speak danish Chiana?
Eurosport DK, used to run an almost identical schedule with Eurosport EU, I'm not sure if this is still the case, and if it fits Eurosport UK as well.
Motorsporten.dk is a good site, but can be unreliable as it is run by amateurs and therefor don't have the time to check all details in depth and revisit to make changes. This should be kept in mind.
Old 28 May 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3645257)   #475
Deleted
Veteran

The "formal" Eurosport schedules (all countries) only run two weeks forward, that's why I rely on these "informal" sites And as I have stated on the post, I don't entirely trust them (and even if I did, there are always differences between national versions of ES schedules), but they are still good indications on what is to come. I've done this in previous years as well. Last year I think I got it first hand from some random Portuguese site while formal sources said nothing, and it ended up being accurate.

As strict TV follower of LM, I feel it's important to know all the details well in advance

Anyhow, I'll update these whenever I find new info elsewhere. The ACO "TV distribution" PDF should come out sooner or later too.