Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 20 Oct 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1439184)   #1
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A website where we can share our 60's/70's race photo's

Here's an idea:

How about a website where we can all put our historic (scanned) photo's for us all to share?

I've got a load of photo's of my dad in the 60's 70's racing his Mini's. Plus loads of other miscellaneous old motor sports pictures. No doubt many of us have loads of old photo's.

It would be good to share all this hisotry/nostalgia.

No idea how to do it though!
Old 20 Oct 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1439262)   #2
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can do it here at ten-tenths! There are many old threads in the historic forum if you scroll back.
Best way if you do not have your own webspace is to sign up (register) with a free picture hosting site such as www.imageshack.us
You can upload your pictures there, then cut and paste the link they give you for each image here. They generate a link for a thumbnail too which is the best one to use.
As ever consider the copyright of the image you are posting and don't overload the system with too many at once!
Old 21 Oct 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1439447)   #3
rallycrosscraig
Racer

We need one site where anyone can log on and see all the pictures otherwise its a pain in the ***.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1439474)   #4
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe flickr? I believe you can set up groups there so if we had a 10 Tenths group, anyone could add their pictures to that group and we could see them all in one place. At least I think that's how it works.

Allen
Old 21 Oct 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1439475)   #5
rallycrosscraig
Racer

I'd love to see any pitures of rallycross from the 60's and 70's and saloon racing in Scotland in the same period.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1439476)   #6
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be happy to host something like this over at my site...with certain limits of course i.e so many per week/month...purely so that I dont end up just doing that
Old 21 Oct 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1439969)   #7
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets do it then
Old 21 Oct 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1439975)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK I'll put them up in batches of 12 in a jalbum...send the images with a description of who has donated the image, what it is of and any other information you have going and I'll post something up on a hmmmm lets say weekly basis. Only personally owned images though so that we dont go stomping over the copyright laws
Old 21 Oct 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1439977)   #9
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
If somebody else could act in the role of editor that would be great then I'll just have one weekly source of images to post...no problem if nobody wants to do that though
Old 22 Oct 2005, 08:49 (Ref:1440396)   #10
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Funnily enough I suggested this in another thread here. John Turner's trying to see if we can get this set up on 10-10ths otherwise Paul you will end up with a huge amount of space eaten up and could run into all sorts of issues with copyright. It would be better if done properly here on 10-10ths with disclaimers, space allocations etc... and most of all, its a place where people would naturally come to see such stuff.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...&page=29&pp=15
Old 22 Oct 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1440474)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not getting too much joy, to be honest, so it might be an idea to take up Paul's kind offer, but be very selective about what pics you post, so that he doesn't get completely inundated.