Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 May 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2462216)   #51
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBR car and Queensland raceway turns today, read here.
Old 14 May 2009, 11:15 (Ref:2462261)   #52
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
SBR car and Queensland raceway turns today, read here.
No where near as forthcoming as the Giz after his drive of the FPR car.
Is that significant?
Old 14 May 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2462378)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It says they found some stuff that could easily be bolted onto the FPR car... maybe the FPR car will go quicker with the SBR-inspired bits... and the SBR car will stay where it is?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 May 2009, 02:58 (Ref:2462717)   #54
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this all can be summarized under "technical alliance". They'll start buying parts off each other and so on, same as DJR and PCR buy off T8. But you just don't see those guys swapping drivers for a day.

Oh, and word on the street has it that Caterpillar Australia are letting people go every second day at the moment, I very much doubt that they will take up any sort of sponsorship at the moment. I'd be saying that the current Westrac CAT sponsorship floating around won't last too much longer if the dealers and servicing agents are also bleeding like the parent companies. One well known Melbourne agent let go 25 people in a week recently.
Old 15 May 2009, 03:28 (Ref:2462723)   #55
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are very few things on the car that you can grab and put on our car; it's all a package.

GTR,

Are you readng the same releases as the rest of us?
Old 30 May 2009, 01:15 (Ref:2471950)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am a bilingual illiterate... I cannot read or write in 2 languages (Heart by PSB..)

Onto more serious discussions... Interesting to read This

... plus the noise from the powder room (again) that a certain 2 car factory team may or may not be looking for a new parent
Old 31 May 2009, 02:48 (Ref:2472413)   #57
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I am a bilingual illiterate... I cannot read or write in 2 languages (Heart by PSB..)

Onto more serious discussions... Interesting to read This

... plus the noise from the powder room (again) that a certain 2 car factory team may or may not be looking for a new parent
I think this combined test between FPR and SBR has got something that's more than meets the eye. Could we see SBR become a four car mega team with Frosty and S.Richards when Prodrive directs it's main focus with F1?
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:05 (Ref:2480837)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting that prodrive/Aston Martin didnt get a gig as one of the 13 F1 teams entered for next season.

Does that mean FPR is still looking for different parents?