Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:31 (Ref:748155)   #26
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Larry is not someone to aspire to.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:35 (Ref:748161)   #27
Brock
Rookie

Brock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why was Larry actually moving off line to bloke anyone today, and wasn't he racing for position. Silly me for thnking there was a race on today
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:41 (Ref:748176)   #28
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larry Perkins is an idiot, he was bloody slow as all buggery with a train of cars behind him, and that was before the half way point. Bowe was holding back ONE car with ten/fifteen laps to go - for LP to come out and say blocking is bad just defies logic. What a hypocrit. I am glad he's retired for good.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:44 (Ref:748178)   #29
Brock
Rookie

Was Larry deliberatly bloking????????????????
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:45 (Ref:748181)   #30
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well he wasn't changing line, but he stayed glued solid to the inside of the track on a few occassions...
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:47 (Ref:748183)   #31
Brock
Rookie

He stayed on line and the car had a heap of grunt, Bowe on the other hand was moving around as Bowe does.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:49 (Ref:748192)   #32
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shouldn't that be a stewards decision whether or not someone is breaking the rules? Since the Murphy/Lowndes thing at Winton, they've lacked the nads to make any tough calls... oh well... It shouldn't be up to Steven Richards to take the law into his own hands. If Bowe was being a naughty boy, he should have been shown the sportsmanship flag- simple really.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 11:57 (Ref:748207)   #33
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did change line a few times, one time the procession behind him got a run on him up the straight and he just moved over bluntly.
Probably more times, I was trying to pretend he was legitimately quick and not just holding up the pack through any passing area. I am not saying that what he did was necessarily illegal as far as the rules go but I definitely think it was wrong.
I think Larry's stature and respect in the sport allows him to get away with more than he should, anybody remember back in the Big Kev days whenever Paul Morris would block passing moves through the corners and subsequently get a run onto the straight, he was officially a 'bad sportsman'?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:51 (Ref:748266)   #34
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larry I take back what I said earlier in this thread you silly old @#$% Rack off back to the Nursing Home before they notice your missing and give some good young guy a go in one of your cars instead.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 13:16 (Ref:748290)   #35
prn 31
Racer

prn 31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we've seen Perkin's last race. He really wasn't on the pace all weekend, if it was another driver he would be shown the door for his poor performance. Larry knows it and I expect he will bow out quietly. Not for him any fancy press release.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 14:21 (Ref:748362)   #36
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did some of you expect Perkins to do? Just because he was slower, doesn't mean he should move over and wave them by...
Old 12 Oct 2003, 15:06 (Ref:748397)   #37
Fulton
Rookie

Fulton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bowe had every right to drive defensively during the closing stages of the race, the comments made by Perkins were crude and I have to say I have lost a great deal of respect from him.

Thumbs up to Brad Jones for his reply to Perkins comments.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 21:05 (Ref:748741)   #38
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see a problem with Brad Jones being emotional.

He and Bowe worked damn hard all day to get back into a good position after Brad and Tander had a coming together, and I thought Brad's comments after hearing Larry's rather one sided comments (do you know what an A pillar is Larry?) showed a truely professional attitude when I'm sure others would have gone off the deep end.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 21:42 (Ref:748778)   #39
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of courtse Larry knows what an A pillar is - he builds them into his roll cages
Old 12 Oct 2003, 21:48 (Ref:748787)   #40
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Larry had a shocker, and made everyone else pay for it.

It's time to go.........Larry.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 22:44 (Ref:748843)   #41
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fulton

Thumbs up to Brad Jones for his reply to Perkins comments.

A VERY BIG THUMBS DOWN TO TEN FOR ALLOWING PERKINS AND JONES TO AIR THEIR DIRTY LAUNDRY PUBLICLY IN A DISTASTEFUL MUD SLINGING CONTEST!
Old 12 Oct 2003, 22:51 (Ref:748849)   #42
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem was the usually power Larry gets out of his cars they could not touch him on the straights and it is hard to pass around the top of the mountain where Larry was slower. The battle certainly improved Larry level of concentration.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:07 (Ref:748863)   #43
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dazz
I don't see a problem with Brad Jones being emotional.

He and Bowe worked damn hard all day to get back into a good position after Brad and Tander had a coming together, and I thought Brad's comments after hearing Larry's rather one sided comments (do you know what an A pillar is Larry?) showed a truely professional attitude when I'm sure others would have gone off the deep end.
Well said Dazz. I had plenty of sympathy for LP on Saturday, but his comments yesterday were way out of line.
SR, like Skaife seems to be a big fan of the old love tap doesn't he. The move his old man made on him a couple of laps later was fantastic.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:38 (Ref:748882)   #44
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Larry was driving the third K-mart car, the way he held up the other contenders and affected their race.
It might have been a whole lot more interesting at the end if the others cars were able to get past and maintain their pace.Though I don't think anyone was going to touch Murf he was just in another class.
Mind you I don't think I saw too many cars pass an aurora powered car on merit in a straight line.
On the subject of the interviews between Brad and Larry, I think Brad Jones grew in credibility while Larry was, well Larry was Larry.
You would make a great politician Larry, you talk a lot but it never makes much sence when your wrong and now that you have lost your ability to be competitive, well you just come accross as a sorry individual.
Retire gracfully, sorry to late.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 02:40 (Ref:748969)   #45
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I agree craig Larry killed the race twice yesterday building a 14sec buffer of kelly at one stage was a joke and then again in a later stint it made it a very boring event
Thanks Larry

PS wasn't Larry the biggest winger about once a year drivers
how times change
Old 13 Oct 2003, 02:55 (Ref:748980)   #46
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're right Mark Webber about Larry whinging about once a year drivers a couple of years ago, hopefully he takes a good look at himself.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 06:26 (Ref:749057)   #47
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had no problem with the Richards/Bowe incident towards the end but i thought that after his performance earlier in the day Larry shouldn't have made comments about people blocking, i thought Larry could've bowed out with a little more class.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 08:20 (Ref:749156)   #48
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Jones
I had plenty of sympathy for LP on Saturday, but his comments yesterday were way out of line.
For those of us who were at the circuit and not watching the box, can someone tell me what exactly Larry said?
From my perspective, LP was off the pace a tad but that just means the blokes behind him have to pass him!

I can't remember the rule but can't they only get the bad sportmanship flag when they are "holding up the traffic" near the end of the race? At the time there were at least 60 laps to go...

When Bowe was in front of Steve, it was much closer to the end of the race.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 13 Oct 2003, 08:57 (Ref:749192)   #49
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are racing for position, you can't be 'holding up traffic' - as has been said - it is the job of the driver behind to pass, not the one in front to move over.

If LP had been a lap down, then a bad sportsmanship flag would have been in order.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 09:34 (Ref:749227)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old Bloke, Cold Tyres, F*&^ked Up!

More serious than that was LP being out of condition, so he was tiring more than you would expect... quite sad to see and compromised the preparations.

Ciao Mr Perkins, join the contemporaries of your era on the sidelines without disgrace, let the last result not be the memory of your whole contribution
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods