Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 Oct 2008, 01:33 (Ref:2308028)   #1
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
msg to all oulton and other britcar 24 hr marshals

this is a quick msg to all and especially oulton marshals who attended the britcar 24hr hour this year. i managed to obtain an email addy for a certain mark sumpter, part of the winning team at this years britcar 24hr. after i convinced many of the oulton marshals to come and give this event a try after speaking to them i found that they all enjoyed it and apart from 3 days of great racing an being treated well by the eerc guys and girls, it was also due to some of the teams attitudes towards them. even in the middle of the night inviting our guys in orange into the garage to sit down and have a chat and a cuppa. not only do i think this is a great thing but also very rare for a modern day race team to take the time to look after circuit guys and girls. one name in particular kept coming up in regards to the teams that welcomed the orange clad in and gave them hot drinks, a chat and generally a friendly and nice time even in the frought and frenetic times of a 24hr race which iam pleased to say the team in question went on to win. i mailed the team and got a great response back so i thought i would share it with you all to show what a great bunch of people they are and why we all love the britcar 24 hr race.i know its only a short reply but its just nice they took the time. its from mark sumpter at paragon porsche motorsport after i mailed him to congratulate his guys on a great win at the 24hr.

Andy,
Thanks for your email and thanks to you and your colleagues for all your hard work marshalling throughout the year, we had a lot of luck in that race but sometimes you need luck!
You are always welcome in our pit for a cuppa
Cheers mate, Mark

i know it seems daft to post this short msg but i fell it shows what nice guys mark sumpter and paragon motorsport are.

anyone who wishes to pass a msg on i will be happy to forward it to them from here.

cheers
gravel_monkey
andy
Old 10 Oct 2008, 07:21 (Ref:2308115)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a surprise - i've followed the Paragon guys for ages and another top notch guy, Mike Jordan, and the whole lot of them are what truly defines what motorsport should be all about. In it to win it, but not at the expense of their competitors (cough, BTCC ) and above all to have fun while doing it. I do hope Mike returns to GT racing with Mark and the rest of the guys, would be great to see them have a crack at the British GT and Britcar 09 tropheys
Old 10 Oct 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2308122)   #3
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't get chance to appreciate this hospitality (too busy driving round the perimeter roads delivering stuff), but great to see it was there.

Mike Jordan doing the 24hrs - now there's a thought.....................

PieLady
Old 10 Oct 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2308643)   #4
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shelagh, you had more chance than most due to your position by the gantry! They were in garage 0 and a very nice guy Mr Sumpter is too! I put the pressure on him just before the start by saying my money was on him and his team for the win, turns out I was right!
Old 11 Oct 2008, 14:54 (Ref:2309161)   #5
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was only an infrequent visitor to the chief flag point.

You would not believe just how long it takes to deliver stuff around the circuit when you have to actually go to each post individually (especially the flag points changing radios/batteries). And especially in the dark when all your reference points have disappeared.

I made the most of the free tea on offer in race admin.