Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:37 (Ref:3709271)   #976
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
The downhill section of the hilltop scares the crap out of me just watching it on television. I have a ton of respect for the skill of those drivers.
Across the top is scarier, flat stick in 5th into Skyline in the Ferrari is absolutely sphincter tightening!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:37 (Ref:3709272)   #977
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Maranello.

Very fitting winners of the Allan Simonsen pole trophy.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:38 (Ref:3709273)   #978
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McPhillamy scares the crap outta me from my armchair.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:39 (Ref:3709274)   #979
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Across the top is scarier, flat stick in 5th into Skyline in the Ferrari is absolutely sphincter tightening!!
McPhillamy scares the crap outta me from my armchair
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:39 (Ref:3709275)   #980
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Congrats to Maranello.

Very fitting winners of the Allan Simonsen pole trophy.
Absolutely agree
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:41 (Ref:3709276)   #981
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Wonder where the spare rear section is?

Its only a planeride away surely..
At Mr Quinn's Qlld race base..

Not long til race start..
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:41 (Ref:3709277)   #982
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Only 2, one is Pro/Am..
one is Am. but if its there at the end and i reckon if it stays out of trouble (same as everyone else) then chaz will be there at the end
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:42 (Ref:3709278)   #983
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
McPhillamy scares the crap outta me from my armchair
Try it in a roadcar at 60km/h..
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:43 (Ref:3709279)   #984
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so frosty and jamie in the carsin the morning? (im guessing) Nice. tipping thats where the early battle will be

Last edited by peckstar; 4 Feb 2017 at 05:53.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 05:52 (Ref:3709280)   #985
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
chad pointed out that the marc bmw brought its tyre warming cupboard into the pits which is against the rules.

might be fortunate he didnt get pole
Old 4 Feb 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3709282)   #986
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Very surprising that the Audis weren't stronger..
Mr Antunes in the customer car did a great job to get in the shootout when the 'works' Jamec-PEM cars didnt
Old 4 Feb 2017, 06:10 (Ref:3709284)   #987
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some definite underdogs in the mix.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 07:16 (Ref:3709287)   #988
McLaren Oz
Rookie

McLaren Oz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shootout made for quite the spectacle, and it's definitely a good bit of advertisement for the race.
Was qualifying rule of 130% enforced?
Old 4 Feb 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3709290)   #989
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Anyone else completely shocked by who did and didn't make the Top Ten?
I thought the choice of Craig Baird in the AMG for the final qualifying session was a less-than-inspired one, although the red flag was a stroke of bad luck at the end... still I'd have expected a comfortable spot in the ten for that car had they installed a Gun for that session...
Old 4 Feb 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3709292)   #990
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Oz View Post
Shootout made for quite the spectacle, and it's definitely a good bit of advertisement for the race.
Was qualifying rule of 130% enforced?
the rule is

Quote:
All drivers must practice or qualify within 130% of the fastest lap time set during qualifying, save for exceptional circumstances accepted as such by the Stewards
so as long as you reached 130% of qualyfying time in a session then you were ok

all cars were well within that time in some session, there may be a driver or two who didnt make it, not sure on that

Anyone heard anything on the McLaren
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:10 (Ref:3709299)   #991
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
I thought the choice of Craig Baird in the AMG for the final qualifying session was a less-than-inspired one, although the red flag was a stroke of bad luck at the end... still I'd have expected a comfortable spot in the ten for that car had they installed a Gun for that session...
It is an ongoing glitch in the timing system.

It frequently shows the wrong driver in the car, or in some cases, just a blank box.

SvG was in there the whole time.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:26 (Ref:3709305)   #992
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Davison Tekno McLaren Scratched

Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:28 (Ref:3709307)   #993
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Walkenhorst BMW Scratched

Tekno #1 takes #59's engine, starting from pitlane...
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:30 (Ref:3709308)   #994
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It is an ongoing glitch in the timing system.

It frequently shows the wrong driver in the car, or in some cases, just a blank box.

SvG was in there the whole time.
Agree with that. it seemed wrong when the commentator said it, but the timing is failing is when it comes to drivers. but there is that word that keeps geeting mentioned.... foxing

Shame about the tekno car. contender out
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3709309)   #995
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Ash Walsh Proud Of Lap
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3709310)   #996
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How bad was the damage on the BMW? went to bed after Katsu's crash in the first practice session so trying to get up to date with what I missed..
Old 4 Feb 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3709312)   #997
Umai Naa
Veteran

Both right side corners were impacted on the BMW.

It didn't look like a hard enough hit to damage the chassis, but you never know until you start peeling things away.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3709325)   #998
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kudos to the organizers, copyright holders and whatnot: Among their youtube videos is a full replay of the top ten shootout.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3709333)   #999
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
How bad was the damage on the BMW? went to bed after Katsu's crash in the first practice session so trying to get up to date with what I missed..

The whole incar is on Mr Holdsworth's IG..

Not his fault, despite what the other pilot suggested.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3709418)   #1000
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Bummer.