Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3254252)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few Qualifying Observations

Doing the Fantasy F1 comp, I end up with more stats than I actually need for the Comp proper, so as we are 6 through 19 - that good enough for 1/3 in my Maths, I'll post what I've observed.

Of the 22 Drivers to have competed all but 3 have reached Q2 - Chilton Bianchi and Pic.

Of the 19 that have reached Q2 only 4 have failed to progress into Q3 atleast one this season. - Maldonado, Bottas, Guiterrez and van der Garde.

Hulkenburg, Ricciardo and Vergne have reached Q3 just once.

Grosjean, Sutil, di Resta and Perez have all reached Q3 3 times

Massa has managed it 4 times

Button and Webber have Reached Q3 5 of the 6 Race Weekends

Leaving the most consistent Q3 qualifiers Rosberg, Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and Raikkonen.

The Ultimate in Qualifying is of course Pole, Rosberg has 3, Vettel has 2 and Hamilton 1.

Looking at the constructors:

Only Mercedes have succeeded in getting both cars into Q3 at all 6 events so far.

Ferrari and Red Bull have each managed 5 times.

Lotus have managed the feat 3 times, McLaren twice and Force India just the once this season.

What does all this say or mean,

I think this year, the top of the grid has perhaps stayed much as we'd expect, but there is a much larger Middle order fighting for not just to get into Q2 but Q3 as well. The tail enders whilst perhaps predictable in name, are fewer in number, and there is little reason to suggest that these drivers can't escape Q1 before the end of the season.

For the constructors,
Mercedes might be a surprise being the only team to get both cars into Q3 each race, but, Red Bull and Ferrari being right behind them won't surprise anyone.

Those are my thoughts - anyone care to comment

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 28 May 2013 at 18:09. Reason: Corrected
Old 28 May 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3254402)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post

For the constructors,
Mercedes might be a surprise being the only team to get both cars into Q3 each race, but, Red Bull and Ferrari being right behind them won't surprise anyone.

Those are my thoughts - anyone care to comment
It's quite clear that the Mercs have good one lap pace, and if all of the races lasted for just one lap or were as difficult to overtake in as the Monaco GP is, they would be top in everything else besides qualifying. For the constructors......Red Bull.