Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jun 2013, 04:30 (Ref:3257436)   #26
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Certainly that is a myth, from Nakajima and the likes, but Koby did nothing but confirm the myth after he's impressive start in F1. It will take a serious talented japanese driver to break through this myth... or maybe a chinese one will come first!
Confirming the myth? Four race ending crashes (not including race start crashes, where he was taken out by other drivers a few times) in 60 starts isn't that bad...
Old 4 Jun 2013, 12:56 (Ref:3257585)   #27
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash-a-lot-drivers from the past:
=> Andrea de Cesaris
=> James Hunt in lower series

from feder series:
=> Johnny Cecotto jr. from GP2.

More?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3257942)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Certainly that is a myth, from Nakajima and the likes, but Koby did nothing but confirm the myth after he's impressive start in F1. It will take a serious talented japanese driver to break through this myth... or maybe a chinese one will come first!
Takuma Sato would also seem to confirm the myth.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3258542)   #29
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym View Post
the only one I could think of was Irvine in 94 for the accident with Vestappen and Brundle, who if you watch it doesn't actually appear to be dangerous driving, but that's moving a bit out of scope of the discussion I was trying to have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAnpQvu794o
Old 6 Jun 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3258553)   #30
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I'm not sure about this characterisation of Kobayashi as a crasher.
Indeed. There were many times he banged wheels with guys, but usually both cars were in racing shape afterwards. The only time I can remember him doing something Grosjean-esque was when he had that big wreck with Hulkenberg in Australia, and that was brake failure.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3258703)   #31
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I'm not sure about this characterisation of Kobayashi as a crasher.

no: Yuji Ide and Sakon Yamamoto are much worse
Old 7 Jun 2013, 00:36 (Ref:3258772)   #32
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Indeed. There were many times he banged wheels with guys, but usually both cars were in racing shape afterwards. The only time I can remember him doing something Grosjean-esque was when he had that big wreck with Hulkenberg in Australia, and that was brake failure.
I remember him hitting the wall in Canada and Singapore 2010 but that was all on his own, no other cars involved. He hit Massa and Button in Valencia and Korea respectively in 2012, but that's it. I can't remember any other race incidents he has caused.