Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Apr 2015, 19:55 (Ref:3530106)   #1
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Donington Historic Festival 2-4th May

Timetable http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/DHF201...ble_270215.pdf

Entry list http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...y_List_DHF.pdf
Old 23 Apr 2015, 09:12 (Ref:3530216)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Should be a great weekend this . . .I'm guessing the paddock will be heaving with artics and gin palaces so we'll end up camping on the hard shoulder of the M1!
Old 23 Apr 2015, 11:14 (Ref:3530234)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
FJ are celebrating Elva anaversary. Parking going to be a problem for sure.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3530259)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For those planning to head out to local eateries ...

The Nag's Head (Pub on the hill on the way into Donington) is not doing food at the moment as far as I am aware.

The Indian Restaurant that took over the old Turks Head pub in the middle of the village is also not open. So as far as I know Donington is down to 2 Curry restaurants unless one or other of the closed premises suddenly re-opens.

On the plus side the Pub Opposite the Turks Head - formerly known as the Moira Arms - has been totally refurbished into a restaurant known as "The Castle". I am told it is good.

There is a bar in the centre of the village - The Chequered Flag - which may be of interest. Smallish, no food afaik but some interesting beers and wines and an Historic Racing theme.
Old 23 Apr 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3530291)   #5
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Nags Head is now a "biker friendly rock bar". "The Castle"is doing very well but it's very difficult to get a table, its so busy. (I have tried 3 times and not managed it yet!) "NĂºmero Duo" in the village centre is ok and there are a couple of ok ish pubs but they don't do food.

More importantly there is the classic race car display and drive through the village on the Friday evening with some of the participants at the festival showing off their pride and joy. Last year that parade was well received.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 11:51 (Ref:3530447)   #6
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the Priests House still open, Grant?
Old 24 Apr 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3530457)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Priest House is still very active and seems mainly to be used as a posh wedding venue and hotel now.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 12:43 (Ref:3530459)   #8
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's how I remember it Andy, though back in the 80s it at least had some decent beer on. I recall eating there the Sat night before the October '83 Donny Euro F3 race, there were a few team members in there
Old 24 Apr 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3530574)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
You coming Dan . GP you are on the pay roll I got 5 juniors and an EType to look after . You can be in charge of catering . 😜
Old 25 Apr 2015, 01:54 (Ref:3530654)   #10
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
The Nags Head is now a "biker friendly rock bar".
Drove past this evening and there was a revised blackboard sign outside suggesting they were doing "Rolls" (I assume cobs) and another that looked like some sort of live music announcement - didn't really have a chance to try to read it.

I am told The Nag's Head has just attracted a new owner but I have no information about how quickly things may develop. Unlikely anything new for next weekend I would have thought.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 01:59 (Ref:3530655)   #11
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
You coming Dan . GP you are on the pay roll I got 5 juniors and an EType to look after . You can be in charge of catering . 😜
OK. How many are we catering for? Who is around and when?

Could be a challenge to get in anywhere since it is a BH and a bigger meeting than our usual HSCC annual Curry Festival.

The forecast does not currently seem to be suggesting a BBQ friendly certainty from the weather gods. Some creativity may be required.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3530744)   #12
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
You coming Dan . GP you are on the pay roll I got 5 juniors and an EType to look after . You can be in charge of catering . ��
That's one arm taken care of Iain, still have the other to take care of other little bits and pieces and the brush.........
Old 26 Apr 2015, 10:14 (Ref:3530901)   #13
rbm
Racer

rbm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(hopefully this is allowed if not please remove)

well it is the first time out with the Junior and we have a couple of spare tickets for the weekend and car pass, if some one wants to drop me a pm we'll stick them in the post

Richard
Old 27 Apr 2015, 10:34 (Ref:3531125)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Good entries for all the races!!

Some interesting names appearing on more than one entry list too?

John Cleland sharing a Jag mk1 in the new Heritage series as well as running his Class 2 Vectra.

Steve Soper sharing the ex Allam TWR Vitesse in the HTCC event, although sadly the XJS doesn't appear to be entered this year?! (I'm sure Ken Clarke would love Steve to be out in his Hepolite car as soon as it is ready too!)

Jonathan White's TWR Spa Gitanes tribute car is also on the list, #26....

I thought the Williams's newly Leech re-liveried car would be on the list too?

I guess there will be further additions this week in the run up to the event though?
Old 28 Apr 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3531437)   #15
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
More importantly there is the classic race car display and drive through the village on the Friday evening with some of the participants at the festival showing off their pride and joy. Last year that parade was well received.
We had a second flyer through the door today that says the drive into the village will be on Saturday.

My initial recollection was for Friday as Andy mentioned above - perhaps that has been changed?

Anyway - it might make attempts to head into the village for an evening of gluttony slightly more challenging. Plus it conflicts with the 1000km race.

Thinking of which I have just spotted that the FJ race on Sunday is not scheduled to finish until nearly 8pm. Do the cars have to be fitted with lights?
Old 28 Apr 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3531448)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

Thinking of which I have just spotted that the FJ race on Sunday is not scheduled to finish until nearly 8pm. Do the cars have to be fitted with lights?
Hmmm, they'll need some help on that score if the forecast is anything to go by for Sunday?!
Old 28 Apr 2015, 12:52 (Ref:3531486)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Hmmm, they'll need some help on that score if the forecast is anything to go by for Sunday?!
Thats cheered me up.!!!
Old 28 Apr 2015, 14:07 (Ref:3531505)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stop over for another night Iain, think of how refreshed youll feel in the morning.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3531547)   #19
Cookie2000
Rookie

England
England
Cookie2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm View Post
(hopefully this is allowed if not please remove)

well it is the first time out with the Junior and we have a couple of spare tickets for the weekend and car pass, if some one wants to drop me a pm we'll stick them in the post

Richard
Unfortunately, I missed out on Richards kind offer, I don't suppose anybody else has a couple of spare tickets for Sunday do they? Here's hoping!
Old 28 Apr 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3531558)   #20
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
We had a second flyer through the door today that says the drive into the village will be on Saturday.

My initial recollection was for Friday as Andy mentioned above - perhaps that has been changed?

Anyway - it might make attempts to head into the village for an evening of gluttony slightly more challenging. Plus it conflicts with the 1000km race.
You are right, Grant, and I'm wrong! The cars are scheduled to on display through the village centre at 1800 on the Saturday.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3531579)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
10K run Monday so no chance . Already told Colin he is on his own .
Old 29 Apr 2015, 20:36 (Ref:3531949)   #22
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Will the supertourers be in the garages or will they be doing the tent thing in the paddock?
Old 29 Apr 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3531957)   #23
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Will the supertourers be in the garages or will they be doing the tent thing in the paddock?
According to the HSCC website they are in garages http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Doning...arage_plan.pdf
Old 30 Apr 2015, 12:44 (Ref:3532183)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
According to the HSCC website they are in garages http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Doning...arage_plan.pdf
Is that the entry list for Donington? I thought there was 26 cars entered for the Donington rounds?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015/...ouring-opener/
Old 30 Apr 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3532230)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is that the entry list for Donington? I thought there was 26 cars entered for the Donington rounds?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015/...ouring-opener/
Looks like 1 or 2 Sierras are also now missing from the provisional list that the HSCC released last week?

I wonder if they have produce an updated full meeting entry list yet, as there's bound to have been some withdrawals ad additions?