Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 8 Mar 2018, 23:56 (Ref:3806951)   #1
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Henry Hope-Frost

Quote:
Henry Hope-Frost died today whilst riding home from Goodwood.
https://twitter.com/Moby_MCN/status/971893383395446786

Quote:
Autosport's thoughts and sympathies are with the family and friends of Henry Hope-Frost tonight. Here's how we'll remember him - conducting what he called his favourite interview in 13 years at @Autosport_Show with Nigel Mansell in January
https://twitter.com/autosport/status/971894988350029826
Old 9 Mar 2018, 00:00 (Ref:3806952)   #2
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoughts and sympathy to his family and friends.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 00:37 (Ref:3806955)   #3
TWRv12
Veteran

Toby Moody posted this wonderful clip of HHF
https://twitter.com/TobyMoody/status/971878685081993217
Old 9 Mar 2018, 06:37 (Ref:3806985)   #4
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such terrible news. His knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, motor racing was endless.
Goodwood meetings will never be the same.
My thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 06:40 (Ref:3806987)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
What a loss. Always looked forward to any event where Henry was commentating or interviewing. Tragic for all his family and friends, and my condolences to them all.

R.I.P. Henry.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 07:49 (Ref:3806998)   #6
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awful news. One of the true greats.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3807000)   #7
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw this emerging on social media last night and hoped it was incorrect. Sadly not. Always came across as a really nice bloke and his enthusiasm for the sport was immense. Thoughts are with his family and friends but especially his wife and young sons.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3807003)   #8
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is dreadful news!

RIP Henry, condolences to your family and friends.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3807006)   #9
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So sorry to hear this news. R.I.P.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3807016)   #10
ChrisMarks
Rookie

Denmark
ChrisMarks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly couldn't believe it, when i first read it. Such terrible news, thoughts with his family and friends. RIP.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3807021)   #11
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is such awful news. RIP HHF.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 09:30 (Ref:3807022)   #12
Alan Cox
Rookie

Alan Cox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such very sad news. To say he will be missed is a gross understatement. He created his own niche in the world of motor sport commentary Condolences to his family and all who knew him well. RIP Henry
Old 9 Mar 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3807030)   #13
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Great shame, a class act and always full of knowledge and enthusiasm. My sympathy to his family at this terrible time. RIP HHF
Old 9 Mar 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3807032)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Toby Moody posted this wonderful clip of HHF
https://twitter.com/TobyMoody/status/971878685081993217
On a very sad morning this made me laugh. Such a great loss. He was like a mate in the pub, always entertaining and always smiling. I'll miss his drawings of racing cars on Twitter. And of course the daily #fever

I only saw him yesterday at Goodwood, he was just climbing off his bike having been out at lunchtime.

Thoughts with family and friends.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3807038)   #15
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
terrible news, very sad R.I.P!
Old 9 Mar 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3807047)   #16
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Such terrible news, hard to believe that we'll never hear see him interviewing Goodwood winners again.

I didn't know Henry very well but his sheer enthusiasm for, and knowledge of the sport always shone through.

R.I.P Henry, my thoughts are with your family and many, many friends.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3807054)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
When I went to the AI in 2016 I enjoyed his interviews with the likes of Wayne Gardner, Phil Read, Susie Wolff, Damon Hill and Felipe Massa. It's gonna be hard to find someone who can fill that void. RIP
Old 9 Mar 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3807093)   #18
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn. How tragic to lose someone so passionate and knowledgable about the sport.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3807100)   #19
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Henry was one of the most knowledgeable motorsport journalists I have met. His breadth of knowledge was never more on display than when he was hosting the Autosport International main stage.

He could go from interviewing Damon Hill to an up and coming young driver with the same warmth and enthusiasm.

One of my recent memories of HHF was at ASI in 2017, when Henry came down with a sore throat. I passed him on his way to the main stage and asked him how he was going to make it through the day

His reply was "short questions, long answers it is going to be fun though"

I watched him on the main stage at ASI introduce Nigel Roebuck and then said "Nigel, the French Grand Prix is returning to Formula One, what are your thoughts?"

20 mins later "Thanks Nigel, we've run out of time". HHF gave me a smile and a wave as he went off stage.

That's how a true professional carries on in adversity and doesn't let people down.

He will be sadly missed.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3807104)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Incredibly sad. Thoughts with his family and friends. RIP.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3807110)   #21
TWRv12
Veteran

Lovely Autosport tribute
https://twitter.com/autosport/status/972171047851225092
Old 9 Mar 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3807129)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quite simply: bugger.

I didn't know Henry but to me he was very much the voice of Goodwood - watching the coverage of the Members Meeting, FOS and Revival you couldn't help but like Henry, his knowledge of and enthusiasm for the sport were both impressive to say the least. He was very much a part of the fabric of the events. You got the sense that he really enjoyed was he was doing and enjoyed sharing that with the audience. The motorsport community has lost a real gentleman.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 02:40 (Ref:3807175)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I caught wind of this just now via Twitter. Never heard of the man, but the outpouring of condolences and thoughts here and elsewhere is certainly telling. Sounds like we lost a good person, let alone a good motorsport journalist.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 09:43 (Ref:3807211)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's a just giving page set up for Henry Hope-Frost here https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=92P9rnM8N

Anyone interested can donate. It's to support his family at this tragic time.

Posted here rather than tributes but Mike or John are free to move it if necessary.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3807213)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Peter’s post above copied from the Goodwood Members Meeting thread. Henry would have played a significant part in next weekend’s meeting at the circuit, so appropriate to have the link on that thread, as well as in tributes.