Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 2 May 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1291389)   #1
Gia_76
Rookie

Gia_76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacque is baaack!

Surprisingly nobody seem to have noticed the excellent 2nd place by Olivier Jacque at the GP of China! On a Kawa under heavy rain.. so cool!
Old 2 May 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1291466)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
brilliant ride by olivier in the wet - pity he didnt get a gp win.... great result for kawasaki.
shame about kenny jnr & suzuki not getting a similar result!
Old 3 May 2005, 11:19 (Ref:1291922)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the dry he would've struggled to do anything on a bike he'd never ridden, but6 the wet weather really played into his hands. Also, he was able to take risks, knowign taht he had nothign to lsoe and had a chance to get noticed, whereas Max, Seté and others had to think about the championship and play the percentages. Nakano and KrJr retiring early also removed the amounnt of other potential beneficiaries of the bridgestone tyre (which appeared to ahve an advantage in the wet). Still, I'd love to see Kawa run a third bike for him, or even replace Hoffman.
Old 3 May 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1292002)   #4
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my heart goes out to kenny jnr in this one to be honest

But it was a great ride by OJ, and ALMOST makes up for the almost certain win that wasn't (when Barros torpeedoed OJ) in germany a few years ago. A race that for all money should've been the last ever 500cc 2-stroke (and only against the 4-strokes) win.
Old 3 May 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1292051)   #5
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's one thing to have everything to gain - you've still got to gain it, and Olivier did so superbly with a brilliant ride. And you've always got plenty to lose - one mistake and you're down, especially in the wet. That seems like a feeble way to discredit Olivier's efforts. He was the rider of the day, considering that Jurgen, Melandri and Gibernau were all on Hondas.
Old 3 May 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1292082)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great ride from Oliver, for a while there I really thought he could catch Rossi and perhaps even beat him. Shame he coudnt quite manage it, lets hope that someone out there gives him a chance at a full time ride for the remainder of the 2005 season.
Old 3 May 2005, 16:07 (Ref:1292128)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He would've been fast enough to close the gap to Rossi though, but he quite understandably chose not to risk the already excellent podium finish for a shot at glory.
The big 'uns at Kawasaki would've been extremely ****ed if someone had squandered one of the very few chances they can get at a podiumfinish just because the rider wanted to go balls out and go for the win...
Old 6 May 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1294305)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great ride by Jacque in tricky conditions and will be a great boost to Kawasaki as well. People may say 'Well, the conditions and tyres helped' but you still have to keep the bike on the black stuff, and he was faster than anyone else out there...