Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Sep 2015, 15:38 (Ref:3571886)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSR Nurburgring 2015

just 6 days before the WSR hits the track again. this time at the Nurburgring and therefore I wonder if the German weather might be in play, also turn 1 has seen issues in the past
Old 10 Sep 2015, 20:29 (Ref:3572994)   #2
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a few bits of news ahead of the weekend in case people have missed them:

* Roberto Merhi has called time on his FR3.5 season at Pons and for this round is replaced by GP2 driver René Binder.
* Philo Paz Armand has visa issues once again (like the Red Bull Ring round) and is replaced by Japanese Euroformula Open driver Yu Kanamaru.
* Nyck de Vries will receive a two-place grid penalty for Saturday's first race after causing a collision with Bruno Bonifacio in the second race at Silverstone.
Old 12 Sep 2015, 05:52 (Ref:3573320)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a two place grid penalty... i bet he's really regretting that
Old 12 Sep 2015, 09:07 (Ref:3573342)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It means he lines up 4th for race 1, bella! Rowland on pole, can he actually get a perfect weekend in this series? Whatever he does, he's been more consistent than Sainz was last year!

Kanamaru starts 11th, not bad for a debut, especially when you see Binder in 19th...
Old 13 Sep 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3573562)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a good day so far for racing steps - another pole for rowland, and pole for barnicoat too in the eurocup.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 11:23 (Ref:3573576)   #6
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WOW, what a race so far! Not even sure where to start in explaining it!

Rowland has some work to do as he was tagged into a spin at Turn 1 - I think it was by Malja who's just taken on a new nose section at his pitstop.

Safety car on track at the moment to allow the marshalls to collect Panis's Tech 1 car which stopped at Turn 1.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 11:51 (Ref:3573578)   #7
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Well, what an entertaining race that was! It's a Strakka 1-2 with Ellinas taking the win ahead of Malja, with de Vries in third.

Rowland gets the last point in tenth with Vaxiviere in eleventh.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 14:31 (Ref:3573608)   #8
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tiooooooooo!!
Old 13 Sep 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3573646)   #9
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted for Fantin though, he had that second race in his hands before the safety car...
Old 14 Sep 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3573775)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sensational Sunday race.

So much action it was hard to keep up!!

Tio responded superbly at the end as Malja came at him like a rocket and I thought the Swede was just going to drive around him but Tio dug deep and found some more ideas to fend him off and in fact pull away again.

Stoneman (the albatross of the series, he's had so much bad luck!) was mega as was Rowland coming back through the field, even when both pitted late on.

Both drivers deserve to progress, but both will depend heavily on their current backers extending their deals no doubt.

I fear Marko may drop Dean but he's quick enough to deserve another year whether it's in RPM 3.5 or GP2.

Rowland is just a class, class driver isn't he.

Could he go all the way and become the next superstar Brit F1 driver?
Old 14 Sep 2015, 21:07 (Ref:3573889)   #11
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I fear Marko may drop Dean but he's quick enough to deserve another year whether it's in RPM 3.5 or GP2.

Rowland is just a class, class driver isn't he.

Could he go all the way and become the next superstar Brit F1 driver?
There's no doubt that Dean has had a lot of bad luck recently, but in the last three rounds de Vries has really upped his game and on pace he is the quicker of the two at the moment. I agree that he deserves another year in 3.5 or a step up to GP2, but I think he needs a really solid final two rounds to retain the confidence of Marko. Another issue is that at 25 years old, for how much longer can he be deemed a 'junior' driver with so many 17/18/19 year olds coming through the ranks?

Rowland has been super, super impressive this year. Going into a season as a hot title favourite doesn't always sit well for some (Sirotkin last year for example) but he has handled the pressure extremely well. Some of his driving has been sheer first class (his overtakes in Silverstone Race 1 and his charge back through the field at Monaco are two of the best examples). If, as expected, he wraps the title up he will be a very deserving champion indeed.

I read an interview with him a few months ago where he stated he would like to step up to GP2 next season, but it wasn't the be all and end all for him - he said if he was offered a serious drive in DTM, LMP2 or LMP1 and therefore a long-term, professional career, he wouldn't hesitate to snap it up.
Old 21 Sep 2015, 15:52 (Ref:3575781)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
There's no doubt that Dean has had a lot of bad luck recently, but in the last three rounds de Vries has really upped his game and on pace he is the quicker of the two at the moment. I agree that he deserves another year in 3.5 or a step up to GP2, but I think he needs a really solid final two rounds to retain the confidence of Marko. Another issue is that at 25 years old, for how much longer can he be deemed a 'junior' driver with so many 17/18/19 year olds coming through the ranks?

Rowland has been super, super impressive this year. Going into a season as a hot title favourite doesn't always sit well for some (Sirotkin last year for example) but he has handled the pressure extremely well. Some of his driving has been sheer first class (his overtakes in Silverstone Race 1 and his charge back through the field at Monaco are two of the best examples). If, as expected, he wraps the title up he will be a very deserving champion indeed.

I read an interview with him a few months ago where he stated he would like to step up to GP2 next season, but it wasn't the be all and end all for him - he said if he was offered a serious drive in DTM, LMP2 or LMP1 and therefore a long-term, professional career, he wouldn't hesitate to snap it up.
I haven't seen Nick outpacing Dean, just keeping it on the road more often!

That's a refreshing quote from Oli about his future btw, Think that shows he's got his head well and truly screwed on properly.

Maybe Stoneman will end up in sportscars as well.