Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 9 Aug 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3758385)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well looks like someone is getting called up to the majors for 2018, JR Motorsports Byron will replace Kahne in the #5.

I'm still confused why the 5 isn't Cornflakes and Terry Labonte so maybe I'm a little out of the loop.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3758407)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well looks like someone is getting called up to the majors for 2018, JR Motorsports Byron will replace Kahne in the #5.

I'm still confused why the 5 isn't Cornflakes and Terry Labonte so maybe I'm a little out of the loop.
Don't worry about it. I don't think you're missing a whole lot.

And don't forget that Capt Snothead drove the Kelloggs 5 car for a few...

So Kahne is another free agent. Interesting how that marriage never produced, but that's old man JJ and a bunch of kids at Hendrick, with the second most senior driver being 24 yr old Alex Bowman. Crazy.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3758669)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Even the cars get a silly season, Chevy switching to Camaro for 2018 and beyond after the SS goes out of production.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 20:06 (Ref:3758675)   #29
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Even the cars get a silly season, Chevy switching to Camaro for 2018 and beyond after the SS goes out of production.
Can't say I don't like it, I would like some changes to the rear and windows to better match the production but oh well.
Oh the chaos in Iracing now!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Aug 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3758677)   #30
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Not like GM had much else they could run in Cup. Only alternatives were the Malibu or Impala.

Question is will Toyota stick to their bread and butter Camry sedan, or eventually run a coupe of their own?

Will probably lead Ford to switch to the Mustang for Cup. They already run it in XS and will replace the Falcon next year in Australian Supercars.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3758839)   #31
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The 2018 Camaro Cup's front end looks nice, but the rear is looks nothing like a Camaro.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 00:27 (Ref:3762803)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chase to race the #9 in 2018. canamman, please come back for this news!

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/n...91gh72zl7iypxi
Old 31 Aug 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3763099)   #33
gttouring
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Chase to race the #9 in 2018. canamman, please come back for this news!

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/n...91gh72zl7iypxi
Cool huh,why would they not postpone the 88 use for one year and run the 25 instead. Hendrick and their money makers...

But silly season with tracks too,has anyone seen the new Charlotte roval? How are those beasts going to get around there?

Old 12 Sep 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3766382)   #34
gttouring
Veteran

Ooh Danica Patrick is out of SH racing for 2018, looks like retirement for her. From NASCAR.com

Old 12 Sep 2017, 22:24 (Ref:3766397)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Ooh Danica Patrick is out of SH racing for 2018, looks like retirement for her. From NASCAR.com

I took it as Mr Almirola was heading to SHR with Smithfield Foods in tow..

Wonder who else might pick Ms Patrick up?

Bigger issue seems to be whether RPM survives into the new season
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Sep 2017, 23:22 (Ref:3766405)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I took it as Mr Almirola was heading to SHR with Smithfield Foods in tow..

Wonder who else might pick Ms Patrick up?

Bigger issue seems to be whether RPM survives into the new season
Think there is a better chance of RPM coming back for 2018 than Danica. Although Smithfield cancelling to back Amirola hurts big time. But their franchise is worth something and think we'll see a few races at least with a possible sale of the franchise by 2019.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 23:25 (Ref:3766406)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
There's been sponsorship issues between Patrick and Stewart-Haas Racing and that's certainly the main factor but it's also that she's really not that good. I think she will struggle to find a ride in the Cup Series without a major sponsor. She'd be great for the Xfinity series.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 01:26 (Ref:3766417)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
This plot somewhat thickens with a little mud slinging from RPM and Smithfield.

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/144...lse-statements

Smithfield Foods are pretty much the scummiest pork producers in the world, so I'll side with The King all day.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3766439)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
This plot somewhat thickens with a little mud slinging from RPM and Smithfield.

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/144...lse-statements

Smithfield Foods are pretty much the scummiest pork producers in the world, so I'll side with The King all day.
It is a super ugly statement from Smithfield.

They could have been gracious and said they couldn't come to an agreement with RPM, but this way looks like they wasted the sponsor dollars for every year of their deal with the team.

Which likely wouldn't endear the company to its NYSE shareholders, that a CEO sat schtum on a serious performance issue on a multimillion dollar sponsorship deal for 5 years...

It isn't going to end well..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Sep 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3766580)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is a super ugly statement from Smithfield.

They could have been gracious and said they couldn't come to an agreement with RPM, but this way looks like they wasted the sponsor dollars for every year of their deal with the team.

Which likely wouldn't endear the company to its NYSE shareholders, that a CEO sat schtum on a serious performance issue on a multimillion dollar sponsorship deal for 5 years...

It isn't going to end well..
Agreed. I get that they are possibly upset about the lack luster performance, but I don't think I've ever heard a sponsor say it like that. They also have some series as a whole sponsorship deals, which just turns my stomach every time I see their name across the TV. They are just really bad company and there's plenty of disgusting evidence to support that. Then they bad mouth The King?
Old 15 Sep 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3767053)   #41
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The 2018 Camaro Cup's front end looks nice, but the rear is looks nothing like a Camaro.
All the Cup cars have identical rear ends regardless of manufacturer.

I have £5 says Cole Custer will get the #10 if he does not get the #41.

I can't see SHR dying to take on Almirola, and would have thought Smithfield might be happy to be rid of him. He has hardly done much apart from a lucky win from a red flag.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3785933)   #42
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Silly season update:

o- Richard Petty Motorsports will switch from Ford to Chevrolet, with a technical alliance with Richard Childress Racing. It will have a single car for rookie Darrell Wallace Jr.
o- Ryan Blaney will join Penske, which expands to three cars.
o- William Byron will join Hendrick as a rookie.
o- Alex Bowman will join Hendrick to replace Dale Jr.
o- Erik Jones will join Joe Gibbs to replace Matt Kenseth, who won't compete full-time.
o- Kasey Kahne will join Leavine Family Racing.
o- Paul Menard will join Wood Brothers to replace Ryan Blaney.
o- Aric Almirola will join Stewart-Haas to replace Danica Patrick.
o- Derrike Cope will join StarCom Racing, a new Chevrolet team.
o- Front Row Motorsports will expand to three cars, but none is confirmed.
o- Richard Childress and Stewart-Haas Racing also have open seats.
o- Kurt Busch has no ride.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 01:25 (Ref:3786205)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
o- Derrike Cope will join StarCom Racing, a new Chevrolet team.
Wait, really?
Quote:
o- Kurt Busch has no ride.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3786575)   #44
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Kurt Busch signed with Stewart-Haas Racing for the 2018 season-
Old 22 Jan 2018, 01:00 (Ref:3794215)   #45
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it's been awhile, I took the last half of the 2017 season off. Watched the races up until Richmond, but then, did not watch another race until Homestead. Watched it. mainly because the track now reminds me a bit of the old Atlanta International Raceway, before smith ruined it by turning it into Atlanta CLONE Charlotte Speedway! The ULTIMATE cookie-cutter track! Don't know what to expect this season or if I will still be a fan by the end of this season! The IDIOTIC, bumbling, so called leadership of Brian France nearly ended my racing fanship last season! With no local paved tracks in operation in North Georgia and none within reasonable driving distance, there is no racing for me to attend locally. With the Xfinity series being turned into a Cup Lite/Cup Driver Benefit Series and with what Brian France has done to the Cup series, trying to turn it into a "stick and ball" sport on wheels, with all off his gimmicks, play-off, over time, chase, do overs, (GWCs) etc., my 58 years of being a racing fan could very well come to a close! With the exception of an occasional NHRA drag race, I have no other interests on auto racing. Nothing else in auto racing even remotely appeals to or interests me. So this season could very well be it for me. A shame how it went downhill. But, that's life, I guess. We'll see what happens, at Daytona.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3795032)   #46
gttouring
Veteran

don't give up-
brian france is a bumbling billionare the reigns will be given to someone who cares and will make it good.
the season will have lots of good talent as usual so many new faces, it could be good.
it will be good, for 2020 when the tv contracts expire maybe they will get better tracks or kill double dates at some.
and don't bring up dirt, because the ARCA cars on dirt are not fun it is pretty tame.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 00:54 (Ref:3795159)   #47
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
don't give up-
brian france is a bumbling billionare the reigns will be given to someone who cares and will make it good.
the season will have lots of good talent as usual so many new faces, it could be good.
it will be good, for 2020 when the tv contracts expire maybe they will get better tracks or kill double dates at some.
and don't bring up dirt, because the ARCA cars on dirt are not fun it is pretty tame.
Thank you. I don't know. Like I said, I started following stock car racing in 1958, at the age of 5. My dad took me to my first race in 1959. It happened to be the last Grand National Division race that was run at the old Lakewood Fairgrounds track. The next year, the Grand National races were moved to the then newly opened Atlanta International Raceway, in Hampton, GA. I saw the majority of NASCAR'S history happen right before my eyes. I only missed the first 10 years. I saw it go from a regional sport to the very top form of racing in the United States. Over that time, I have seen literally generations of drivers come into the sport, run their careers and then retire. I've seen the cars evolve (I almost say, de-evolve) from "stock" cars to stock appearing cars, to cars that have nothing in common with stock cars, back to cars that look some what like stock appearing cars. There have been too many changes and many of them have not been for the good.

I pray that you are right, that someone will replace Brian France, someone that will do more to help the sport, instead of to kill it and I hope it happens before his bumbling does too much damage to make it completely unwatchable. I'll agree with you that once again, there is allot of new talent, new faces coming up from the ranks and it will be interesting to see how they do, now that they have made it to the top. We'll see what happens with the 2020 TV contract, hopefully, France has not damaged the sport to a point that will make it difficult for them to get a new contract. His bumbling has largely KILLED the TV ratings! They need to be very careful about how they do the schedule. I agree, that the tracks with two dates, need to lose their second date, with the exception of Daytona. The 4th of July weekend race needs to be kept. But dropping traditional tracks/races does not need to be done, that will do more harm than good. The schedule needs to remain somewhat consistent. Changing race dates, that have been on the same dates for years is not good. Witness what happened when the Southern 500 was moved from it's original/traditional date. The event lost it's prestige and it nearly killed the track. Moving this traditional race, back to it's original and rightful place on the schedule is the only thing that saved that track. That does not need to happen again, with any of the dates. New tracks, I can see them adding a race at Iowa Speedway, but aside from that track, I don't see any other tracks suitable. Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, the superspeedway they built outside of Nashville are all gone. It would be a good move if someone would put the 3/4 mile track, in Memphis, TN back into operation. That was always a good race for the Busch (now Xfinity) Series and I believe Cup would have done and could still do well there. If I had my way, they would add a couple of dirt track races to the schedule. Eldora for one. Tony Steward has done an outstanding job with that track. I'd like to see a 1 mile dirt track, Springfield, Knoxville, or DuQuinn would work. I have no problem with the ARCA dirt races. NASCAR's roots are on the dirt tracks. True, the ARCA races may be "tame" compared to the purpose built dirt late models or sprint and midget cars, but that was the same case, back in the day when the old Grand National Division raced on dirt as well. They still put on a good show, as does ARCA, considering again, that these are not purpose built dirt track cars. I always liked the ARCA races and the old and now sadly closed down USAC stock car division. We'll just have to see what happens this year. The unfortunately thing is that the BUMBLING IDIOT, France has run away most of the old line, diehard, life long, grass root stock car racing fans, like myself. He ran them away and most of them will not ever come back. They have moved on to other interests, away from racing. When you drive away your CORE fans, your fan base, that is a SERIOUS problem that may not can be overcome! Like I say, we'll just have to see what happens this season.
Old 29 Jan 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3796700)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I've tried watching some of the grass roots series, but that takes some effort/money that I've not been able to muster up.

I won't watch unless it's the track I'm watching or if Chase is in contention late. I don't want to miss catching his first win. He's been so close yet so far away. The number 9 will help!
Old 29 Jan 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3796713)   #49
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
I've tried watching some of the grass roots series, but that takes some effort/money that I've not been able to muster up.

I won't watch unless it's the track I'm watching or if Chase is in contention late. I don't want to miss catching his first win. He's been so close yet so far away. The number 9 will help!
I have to agree. Chase should have won by now, really he should have 3 to 5 wins under his belt by now. Kid's been snake-bite, some, and an A**HOLE put him in the wall, at least once last year, that robbed him! Glad he retaliated and paid said A**hole back, by putting him into the wall at a later race! HE should get his first win this season and I have a feeling that when he does, it's going to be like a dam breaking, wins are going to start coming like a flood!
Old 9 Feb 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3800039)   #50
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Daytona only has 40 cars entered?? With all the hoopla usually surrounding previous winners qualifying the car just for Daytona to get points to start the season under a full grid just sounds insane. But then costs sound insane too so guess it makes sense that way. But still under 43 for Daytona sounds weird.