Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 31 Jan 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1213985)   #26
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Announced on Renault Sport website that Jamie Morrow will be out with Hillspeed this summer. Great news, but then as 'family' I'm biased!!!
Old 1 Feb 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1214808)   #27
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations No 4, will you be out doing all the official tests?
Old 1 Feb 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1214852)   #28
No 4
Veteran

I'm the father, so with my waistline don't think I'd fit in the car!! However, Jamie can and yes he'll be out.
Old 1 Feb 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1214862)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done, No 4, good to see you back!
Old 1 Feb 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1214868)   #30
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
I'm the father, so with my waistline don't think I'd fit in the car!! However, Jamie can and yes he'll be out.
I know!

Old 1 Feb 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1214895)   #31
No 4
Veteran

Kicking back - Thanks. It's been a real struggle for Jamie over the last year or two, so I'm pleased for him. Hillspeed are very professional and have excellent engineering credentials, so with a well prepped car under him I'm hopeful Jamie can spring a few surprises!!
Old 7 Feb 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1219334)   #32
Driving Spanner
Rookie

Driving Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are motoworld running anyone this year, ther cars (2 0f them) and there truck are for sale in autosport this week
Old 7 Feb 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1219373)   #33
mrinvader
Racer

mrinvader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I talked to Alan and he said they are competing in the Eurocup.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1219496)   #34
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Motaworld will do well to attract any drivers to be honest. For far too long they've been charging budgets equal to the Manor's and Fortec's of this world but have failed to deliver the same results despite having some damn good drivers involved.

As for Hillspeed I'd be weary of them. I hope things have changed but I heard a lot of disparaging comments about them last season and they certainly didn't put a car out to anywhere near the standard required. I heard stories of two drivers in particular trying for Hillspeed and then trying for another team and coming back saying the HillSpeed car was virtually undriveable. Two drivers who previously had done bloody well in either the same formula or similar.

I hope for Jamie and Josh's sake things have improved and I wish them both well it's just I do wonder whether a few races in they might be saying similar things themselves..especially Weber.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1219506)   #35
Slippery
Rookie

Slippery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mrinvader - do you know if Motaworld have signed any drivers for the EuroCup yet?

Gaz - Who drove for Hillspeed last year?
Old 7 Feb 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1219544)   #36
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gaz - your info on budgets is a bit off the mark...
Old 7 Feb 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1219556)   #37
watch&learn
Rookie

watch&learn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to the Brazilian driver Motaworld ran in the UKFR championship at the end of last season? He seemed to show a natural talent and was very impressive... thought we would have heard more about him...
Old 7 Feb 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1219561)   #38
Driving Spanner
Rookie

Driving Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didn't motorworld run people on a shoe string at one point, they were difinatly one of the better teams tho
Old 7 Feb 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1219608)   #39
Martinmechanix
Rookie

Martinmechanix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The driver you are talking about Watch&learn is Gustavo Sondermann. Last year, before driving for Motaworld, he was driving with Gelles Racing in the FR NA championship. He did good. Right now, from what I heard for one of my contact...2 weeks ago...he was unhappy about Renault. Do not ask me why. He probably at home evaluating his 2005 option.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1219635)   #40
ale16
Rookie

ale16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hear that sondermann is thinking about driving stock cars in brazil this year. But i wouldn't be surprised if he try one year more in single seaters, maybe in F3. 4 years driving Renault would be too much.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1219702)   #41
No 4
Veteran

Gaz.

Hillspeed won the ARP championship, which suggests they can engineer a winning car + Tim Bridgman tested with them in Spain last December and if he hadn't got the HITech offer would have gone with them for Formula Renault. We know Tim and his father from ZIP Formula and believe you me they would not go with a rubbish team!! At the end of the day, results are what it's all about, so only time will tell.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1219718)   #42
Coops
Rookie

United Kingdom
Coops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Fortec Team will be hard to beat, they have been testing over the winter. Yelmer Buurman was fast at the end of last season and Stuart Hall won the winter championship.
Stuart improved alot over last season and beat some top drivers in the winter champ, I think he will be one of the top drivers in the championship this year.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1219745)   #43
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by No 4
Gaz.

Hillspeed won the ARP championship, which suggests they can engineer a winning car + Tim Bridgman tested with them in Spain last December and if he hadn't got the HITech offer would have gone with them for Formula Renault. We know Tim and his father from ZIP Formula and believe you me they would not go with a rubbish team!! At the end of the day, results are what it's all about, so only time will tell.
An I also know two drivers who have run with them an been very unimpressed.

Perhaps F3 is there forte and they can't get their heads around a single make formula like Renault but I hope for your sake that they have an you can go on to have a great year. All I know is that this time last year the Formula Renault car they were putting out wasn't much cop at all!

Motaworld were once one of the top budgeters but I believe went cheap just to attract drivers. Neither tactic worked and they've unsurped a lot of good drivers reputations over recent seasons.

Gustavo Sondermann did show himself to have a lot of natural ability last season though and I hope he decides to return this year. Its all gone a bit quiet though hasn't it? And with Comtec and now Motaworld gone are we going to be struggling to break the 20's this season? National Class F3 seems to have stolen a few who would have done Renault but still expected a few more...

Last edited by Gaz; 7 Feb 2005 at 20:26.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1219781)   #44
Jamie P-E
Racer

Jamie P-E is a back marker
can anyone confirm what Alex Storckenfeldt is doing this yr

He has a press release out but its in swedish
Old 8 Feb 2005, 01:28 (Ref:1219915)   #45
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Alex is looking at doing another year in Renault and his current considering his options regarding team etc and trying to get together a full budget. If he returns he could be the title favourite, certainly did a decent job last year and I rate him very highly.

Just hope that he can find himself a decent backer who wil help him up the ladder as at the moment I think he may struggle on that front
Old 8 Feb 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1220049)   #46
Jamie P-E
Racer

Jamie P-E is a back marker
i hope he does. with susie off to f3 I need to have some1 to support
Old 12 Feb 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1223915)   #47
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nexa Racing tested somebody with the surname of Halls at Snetterton today. Didn't realise they'd moved up into FR.
Old 12 Feb 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1223937)   #48
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinmechanix
The driver you are talking about Watch&learn is Gustavo Sondermann. Last year, before driving for Motaworld, he was driving with Gelles Racing in the FR NA championship. He did good. Right now, from what I heard for one of my contact...2 weeks ago...he was unhappy about Renault. Do not ask me why. He probably at home evaluating his 2005 option.
Currently negogiating to enter into Euro FRenault. He will remain in formula cars in 2005.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1223999)   #49
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume that Nexa racing were testing Gavin Halls - he is a talented karter and was trying hard to raise a budget to do some pro racing this season. I hope that the test means that he has got some money
Old 13 Feb 2005, 00:10 (Ref:1224000)   #50
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds about right.