Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 Jul 2010, 04:08 (Ref:2733781)   #76
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's still early in the team chart for 2011. Alot are teams are not listed either.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 04:17 (Ref:2733785)   #77
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Careful what you say.......

Report: NASCAR fines unnamed drivers for comments: NASCAR has fined at least two of its star drivers this season for making critical comments about the racing series, The Associated Press has learned. People familiar with the penalties told the AP the comments were considered disparaging to the sport. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because NASCAR is not publicly identifying the topflight drivers it fined. They say one driver was penalized as much as $50,000. The decision to fine competitors for critical comments puts NASCAR in line with many other professional sports leagues. The NFL and NBA both routinely issue fines for criticism of officiating. It also backs up NASCAR's season-long campaign to rebuild the slumping sport through an improved on-track product and off-track promotion from its drivers.(Associated Press/ESPN.com)(7-26-2010)
Old 27 Jul 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2733855)   #78
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If you ignore that This Story was written by Mr Ambroses' PR company... it seems Hendricks & Mr Gordon were quite taken with him...
Yes Hendrick has been a fan for a while, not alot of room there though even KK is signed up without a car to drive at this stage.

Surely Roush is due for a cleanout with 3/3 drivers not performing to potential.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2734127)   #79
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Well, they were courting Ambrose...because he is leaving JTG after the season ends!

Ambrose & JTG Daugherty to split: After five successful years together in NASCAR's top touring divisions, JTG Daugherty Racing and Marcos Ambrose will part ways at the end of the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season......

......JTG Daugherty Racing will make an announcement in the near future regarding their driver for the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.(JTG Daugherty Racing).....

.........AND Ambrose did not say where he will drive next season, but he's believed to be close to finalizing a deal with Richard Petty Motorsports.(ESPN/AP)(7-27-2010)
Old 27 Jul 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2734133)   #80
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
http://jayski.com/pages/2011teams.htm

Team chart is now showing many of the teams for next year.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2734172)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Well, they were courting Ambrose...because he is leaving JTG after the season ends!

Ambrose & JTG Daugherty to split: After five successful years together in NASCAR's top touring divisions, JTG Daugherty Racing and Marcos Ambrose will part ways at the end of the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season......

......JTG Daugherty Racing will make an announcement in the near future regarding their driver for the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.(JTG Daugherty Racing).....

.........AND Ambrose did not say where he will drive next season, but he's believed to be close to finalizing a deal with Richard Petty Motorsports.(ESPN/AP)(7-27-2010)
I thought Petty were out of sponsors?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Jul 2010, 22:32 (Ref:2734277)   #82
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
Quote:
Maybe some of the JTG sponcers will swap over also?

He is easily marketable over there being a true blue aussie and all
Old 27 Jul 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2734278)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MA Connection to Petty
Old 27 Jul 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2734326)   #84
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Maybe some of the JTG sponcers will swap over also?

He is easily marketable over there being a true blue aussie and all
Maybe an STP #43? The King may be well pleased!
Old 28 Jul 2010, 00:23 (Ref:2734337)   #85
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
he's believed to be close to finalizing a deal with Richard Petty Motorsports.(ESPN/AP)(7-27-2010)
this makes me nervous because of this:
Quote:
Hope he gets a good ride over there, or over here. Would be good to see him back in a Ford as well (yeah yeah i know there isn't the brand support over there, but there is here)

Quote:
and he did spend a bit of time there in his final year in V8's to get a feel for the cars

Quote:
Maybe an STP #43? The King may be well pleased!
he's done it before (and won) in those colours, so maybe...
Old 28 Jul 2010, 02:20 (Ref:2734382)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is the Ambrose-Petty-Ford deal Real?

This was written by Mr Ambrose's PR group... so should have some foundation in truth...
Old 28 Jul 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2734499)   #87
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
He's coming home

I am not sure it's a good move. Okay after 5 years it's good to change team but RPM?
Old 28 Jul 2010, 11:07 (Ref:2734524)   #88
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
He's coming home

I am not sure it's a good move. Okay after 5 years it's good to change team but RPM?
Being in a team with pedigree thats trying to recover is probably a shorter road than building a nothing team into a winner like JTG, the #9 of KK has shown pace on and off as has A.J's car at time, i'd liken them to RCR 12 Months ago when they were doing nothing results wise.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2734538)   #89
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Post moved to proper thread about NASCAR silencing their critics.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 28 Jul 2010 at 11:47. Reason: Wrong thread.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2734542)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd love to see Taz stick around. It would be great to see him run for the King or at the very least, see how well he performs in different equipment.

Wonder how much Sonoma this year weighs on his decision to go or stay.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 01:21 (Ref:2734904)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Labonte replaces Ambrose

Did Mr Ambrose fall or was he pushed?
Old 29 Jul 2010, 01:25 (Ref:2734905)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
ESPN Interview with Mr Ambrose

Says the Petty deal is not happening!
Old 29 Jul 2010, 01:35 (Ref:2734909)   #93
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ESPN Interview with Mr Ambrose

Says the Petty deal is not happening!
he doesnt say its not happening....he said he hasnt signed anything yet

IMO he will be driving the No.9 or No. 19 Ford next year..
Old 29 Jul 2010, 02:30 (Ref:2734917)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A ride in a blue #9 out of Yatala would be better for the local series
Old 29 Jul 2010, 02:44 (Ref:2734923)   #95
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
UPDATE Ambrose to the #9?: Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody has learned that Marcos Ambrose will replace Kasey Kahne in the #9 Ford at Richard Petty Motorsports next season. Ambrose said he has no "Plan B" in place for 2011 and could even return to his native Australia if another Sprint Cup opportunity does not surface. Highly placed sources tell Sirius Speedway that a deal with RPM is "95% done," though there is no definitive word on who might sponsor the effort. Ford Racing Marketing Manager Tim Duerr declined to comment specifically on the report today, but said the automaker has longstanding ties with Ambrose. "Marcos started with Ford and Ford brought him to NASCAR," said Duerr. "He bleeds Ford blue, and we would love to see him back in a Ford next season. I don't think that Marcos has a signed Sprint Cup ride for next season at present. It all depends on him, a sponsor and a team putting something together, but I am optimistic that we will see Marcos back in a Ford next season." A spokesman for Richard Petty Motorsports declined to comment today, calling the report "speculation."(Sirius Speedway)(7-28-2010)

It's likely where he will go.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 04:49 (Ref:2734939)   #96
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
Quote:
#4 would be my preference..
Old 29 Jul 2010, 09:38 (Ref:2735008)   #97
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt you will see him back here for a few years yet...maybe as a fill in somewhere.

I think he's a very determined fella and will achieve what he sets out to do....IMO nothing less than making the chase will do
Old 29 Jul 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2735054)   #98
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
#4 would be my preference..
Sure but if it was a choice of the Petty #9 or SBR #9... the choice is clear
Old 29 Jul 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2735078)   #99
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Choice is clear - Richard Petty Motorsport #9 anyday...
Old 30 Jul 2010, 00:27 (Ref:2735561)   #100
wjk98
Rookie

Australia
In the garage working on the racecar.
wjk98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sure but if it was a choice of the Petty #9 or SBR #9... the choice is clear
Even though the RPM car is'nt the best deal over there it's probably a step up from the current situation and keeps him in the loop. Plus it might be pretty cool to run with RPM, lot of history there, although I acknowledge it ain't the team it was.
Kasey Kahne has moved into a better deal from RPM no reason the same could'nt happen for Marcos.
If he is committed to NASCAR which I believe he is and why he has put himself on the market to see what shakes out.
Whatever happens if he comes home I think his fulltime NASCAR career would be over although he would probably pick up "hired gun" road course drives.
Really a no brainer, go with RPM at this stage unless he is offered a better ride. Depends how long he wants to string it out negotiating with potential teams.
Thank
Warren