Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Mar 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3046518)   #426
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not sure if it's been mentioned, you can follow Murphy Prototypes on twitter:
@murphyprototype

I also hear @statusgrandprix will be receiving their Lola on Monday with a press release to follow re: drivers
Old 22 Mar 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3046684)   #427
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Status GP will indeed run its new car and not the previously expected ex-Pecom Racing car for round 1.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3046689)   #428
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Leavin it a bit on the late side , arnt they .
Old 22 Mar 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3046692)   #429
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Leavin it a bit on the late side , arnt they .
No later than a number of teams did at Sebring. Also much earlier than those who raced with old chassis.

Will be interesting to see who they pick as a driver line-up, especially with them being in with a shout of an LM entry still. Bit of a long-shot mind you.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3046695)   #430
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another NiB in Autosport today could be big news for the ELMS. It's a bit vague but I assume it means this season?

Quote:
The ELMS is about to undergo a major rejig that could result in major calendar changes and a shortening of the race format. Series boss Patrick Peter has been pushing for the ELMS to join the grid of the European rounds of the FIA WEC at Spa and Silverstone.
EDIT: Seems to be something in this...

Last edited by Simmi; 22 Mar 2012 at 18:38.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3046716)   #431
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
No later than a number of teams did at Sebring
And what brilliant results did they have ? Also consider the small field in LMS ..... laps go on a lot quicker .

Sims is mentioned as their first nominated driver .
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3046721)   #432
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
And what brilliant results did they have ?
they won P2!
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3046725)   #433
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
they won P2!
And ran in the lead of the non-Audi P1s until a very late suspension failure.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3046732)   #434
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
And what brilliant results did they have ? Also consider the small field in LMS ..... laps go on a lot quicker .

Sims is mentioned as their first nominated driver .
Yeah what those guys said ^

Sims is on the LM list but apparently the team needed someone to put down so they rung him up and asked him. They hadn't picked any drivers at the time of the entrylist being released. Hence this 'late' announcement

Doesn't mean he won't race for them and I'd like it if he was part of the team.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3046738)   #435
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
they won P2!
Oh yeah , just ate my hat again !!!
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3046739)   #436
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And ran in the lead of the non-Audi P1s until a very late suspension failure.
Emmm , JRM had their car weeks before Sebring Victor , and their squad picked months ago . .
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3046745)   #437
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Emmm , JRM had their car weeks before Sebring Victor , and their squad picked months ago . .
They actually only finished building their car some time on Wednesday on race week. Strakka and Muscle Milk got their cars rather earlier.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3046754)   #438
The Badger
Veteran

JRM had their car weeks ago , not when they finished building it . They had it about 3 weeks , unlike what you were trying to imply .
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3046757)   #439
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/22/p...%28Autoblog%29

According to Autoblog, Downforce1 will be doing both ELMS and GT Open
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3046758)   #440
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
JRM had their car weeks ago , not when they finished building it . They had it about 3 weeks , unlike what you were trying to imply .
In that case, I misunderstood the reports coming about the team and the timeframe in which they got the car.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3046845)   #441
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Glad I haven't bought any tickets to the Donington round. With Zolder reportedly in trouble I'd bet they are both about to be cut in place of WEC tie-ups at Spa/Silverstone.

EDIT: And thinking further, if that was the case it would seriously hamper quite a few drivers (and their teams) who have signed up to both series. Loeb Racing is the one which immediately springs to mind with Sarrazin/Minassian both double booked for Spa.

Some teams like Pecom were planning to run both. Could you score points towards both series?

Lots of big questions and scrambling if the rumours are true!

Last edited by Simmi; 22 Mar 2012 at 22:52.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 04:10 (Ref:3046928)   #442
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
In that case, I misunderstood the reports coming about the team and the timeframe in which they got the car.
3 weeks from receipt to raceday, including transatlantic travel. A tight schedule for certain!
Old 23 Mar 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3046966)   #443
The Badger
Veteran

Very tight , but not as tight as some .
Old 23 Mar 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3047251)   #444
The Badger
Veteran

I just realised Le Castelett aint on this weekend ..... I thought otherwise !!! No wonder , I thought Status were leaving their driver announcement a bit late .
Old 23 Mar 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3047320)   #445
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Pam's team says they're running a GT2 Aston Vantage, but the mock up looks a lot like the DBR(S)9? Maybe I'm just seeing things.
Old 24 Mar 2012, 03:55 (Ref:3047377)   #446
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Funnily enough, when I first saw that pic, I thought exactly the same..
Old 24 Mar 2012, 05:48 (Ref:3047383)   #447
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I thought it looked more like a DBR9 myself
Old 24 Mar 2012, 09:43 (Ref:3047421)   #448
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Either way, it didn't look like a Vantage!

I'm not sure what this says about how well-prepared this entry is, but given the fact it's little more than a week before their first scheduled race, and they're not on the entry list, we've not had an announcement of driver lineup, and all we've seen of the car is a rendering of the livery- apparently on an outline of the wrong car, I'm not confident...
Old 24 Mar 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3047427)   #449
The Badger
Veteran

Do I hear Atlas Saleen again ?
Old 24 Mar 2012, 12:44 (Ref:3047466)   #450
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What confuses me is-why? Why is Pamela Anderson involved in this if she has dreams of her own Nascar team, ELMS is not the stepping stone. Im guessing her sponsors (whoever they are) probably wont be interested in some sportscar racing series they've never heard of and gets little if no mainstream airtime. Not a lot adds up.