Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Feb 2003, 04:39 (Ref:496884)   #1
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zues. Nice proto....

http://www.zeusmotorsport.com/

I first saw this car in Racecar Engineering, adn it is definatly a very apealing car.
Firstly, its increadibly atractive......and looks pretty high tech for a club racing type deal.....

I wish I could scan the article, but I dont have it.
What do you think
Also, they mentioned they would do a 675 car as well.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 05:27 (Ref:496912)   #2
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never understood why someone would want to drive this car. Nothing like your head being the main rollover structure.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 05:41 (Ref:496916)   #3
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fender sorta reminds me of the Pilbeam...
Old 5 Feb 2003, 06:01 (Ref:496929)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Good looking ! What's the programm of this one ?
Old 5 Feb 2003, 07:24 (Ref:496964)   #5
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by choked_wasp
I've never understood why someone would want to drive this car. Nothing like your head being the main rollover structure.
Hey, if one is quick enough to drive a race car that is almost as fast as a Fomula 3 car, they can react fast enough to duck right. jokng of course.

"Good looking ! What's the programm of this one ?"

What do you mean, what series does it run in? If that is what you mean, then it runs in the British National Supersports series....Im not totally possitive on the rules.......But they all run a spec Vauxhaul 2.0L engine that makes 220-240hp.....and they weigh 1200lbs.
They also have to run a steel space frame.....in order to keep it kinda on a grassroots level...

The ideas that impressed me when reading about the car....
One is the idea to use smaller tubbing at the bottom of hte chassis and larger at the top.....I rarely hear this idea, but it only seems natural.....As the top of the chassis is what take the most important loading in turn loading.....and not hte bottom, which is under tension in loading. This way, you can reduce the size (and weight) of the overall tubing, lowering the curb weight.

But this car pretty much utilises the same ideas, only scaled down, as a larger LeMans car. So I find it quite interesting.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 09:33 (Ref:497066)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by IanGrohse
it runs in the British National Supersports series....Im not totally possitive on the rules.......But they all run a spec Vauxhaul 2.0L engine that makes 220-240hp.....and they weigh 1200lbs.
Obviously not done for ACO rules...

Thanks Ian.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 10:36 (Ref:497120)   #7
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It can run in Brit Supersports, and the Infinity series.
http://www.i-n-f-i-n-i-t-y.be
Old 5 Feb 2003, 11:13 (Ref:497137)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and the Sports Car Challenge.
http://www.gt-eins.de/SCC/index.html
Old 5 Feb 2003, 15:41 (Ref:497379)   #9
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It won't be competitive in 675 with the aluminum monocoque. Too much weight, gotta go with carbon fiber... Why no one like Dallara, or even one of the F1 manufacturers have stepped up to build a competitor to the MG-Lola, especially using a WRC-derived powerplant (already a well-developed 2.0L turbo, like the Subaru or Peugeot) confuses and dissapoints me.

Lotus should really do one with a bonded aluminum chassis like the Elise, with a turbo 2.0L Proton powerplant. Probably the only project they could undertake while under Proton's ownership...

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 5 Feb 2003 at 15:43.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 16:06 (Ref:497400)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
it isn't a 675...
Old 5 Feb 2003, 18:35 (Ref:497540)   #11
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking at the design specs for the ZME07, outside of the aluminum monocoque, it does seem pretty interesting. And with the powertrain choices, 8cyl/LMP675 & 6cyl/SR2, there is a way that it can be used by both FIA and IMSA.

The idea of the turbo-4cyl. might also be an alternative choice that both organisations can agree to. I think it might've came down to how much time, effort, and funds a manufacturer would've had to shift from other racing programs, Lee. Sure, there are other companies that may have nothing major happening in the motorsports world at present, but it would have to sanctioned by their committees, and agreed upon by the shareholders as a positive return for the buisness.

Otherwise, the manufacture of engines for these racers will have to be built by engineering concerns, such as Cosworth.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 18:39 (Ref:497549)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
LMP675 cars (both N/A and turbo) are legal in FIASCC but they have to run in SR1.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 19:25 (Ref:497593)   #13
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the competitiveness of this chassis has no issues standing in the way, outside of the weight problem with the aluminum monocoque. Okay.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 22:34 (Ref:498929)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
oh get a grip choked_wasp.

It wasn't after all untill 1966 that the driver's head had to be below the roll hoop in F1 at least.

Did you ever have\have you got a roll hoop on your bicycle?