Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Dec 2004, 15:22 (Ref:1169919)   #1
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STCC: Janne "Flash" Nilsson leaves Volvo

Jan Nilsson confirmed yesterday that he leaves Volvo. "I have worked with Volvo in nine years and all the time made decisions I thought good for STCC, Volvo and Flash Engineering. Now I´m making a decision that is good for me personally," Jan said.

"Ofcourse it feels sad to leave now, I have many friends at Volvo and we would have celebrated 10 years together in 2005. But this decision has grown since the "Västkust"-race this summer and is not based in any schism, it is only based on sporting conditions."

Rumour has it that Janne could be headed for the WTCC and the Crawford Racing team. Janne would in that case be along side Carl Rosenblad in a BMW 320i competing in the Independents championship. "What I will do next year has been set since August but with respect for the ones that I work with I won´t say anything until they want to," Jan said.

Source: TouringCarTimes

Johan Meissner
johan@meissner.se
Old 5 Dec 2004, 04:00 (Ref:1171016)   #2
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is not right!! First Rydell, now Nilsson!! Volvo is losing all their motorsport heroes!! It's sad to see Volvo once again let their motorsport heritage just slowly rot and die away!

I always thought Nilsson owned Flash Engineering? I guess he's fed up racing for a underfunded/struggling team??
Old 6 Dec 2004, 18:01 (Ref:1172621)   #3
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are speculations that Volvo will leave STCC after 2005 or 2006. There were plans to get the new S40 in Super 2000 spec' and race it in the STCC but that Ford isn't letting Volvo compete in touring cars since the new Focus is developed for WTCC...

Lets hope the speculations are wrong!
Old 6 Dec 2004, 18:26 (Ref:1172660)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
There are speculations that Volvo will leave STCC after 2005 or 2006. There were plans to get the new S40 in Super 2000 spec' and race it in the STCC but that Ford isn't letting Volvo compete in touring cars since the new Focus is developed for WTCC...

Lets hope the speculations are wrong!
German/Belgian Muhlner Motorsport is also developing a S2000 Volvo.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 12:58 (Ref:1173389)   #5
Snapperjack
Racer

Snapperjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That may explain why he never made it over to Macau this year. I thought he was entered in an S60 but 'no show'.
Old 7 Dec 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1173400)   #6
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
The reason for the no entry at Macau is supposed to be due to problems with the tyres.