Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3756180)   #126
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dan was out qualified by his team mate.
Max had a school boy error* and took his team mate out.

Again, a poor show from both on a track that should have suited them. When will Red Bull get a couple of decent drivers? Or just one would do.

*I stole this joke from sniffpetrol.
Old 30 Jul 2017, 22:17 (Ref:3756204)   #127
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A proper lesson from Max today. Qualify higher, then when you get the chance take the man out. 10sec penalty is preferable to a DNF!
Old 30 Jul 2017, 22:55 (Ref:3756210)   #128
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Max bungled. But I don't approve of the penalty. There was no ill intent and it was a clatter but it wasn't unusually dangerous. A racing mistake in my view.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 00:16 (Ref:3756219)   #129
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imo causing an avoidable collision resulting in retirement should warrant a penalty and felt what was given was fair. It was clumsy and unfortunately for him into his teammate.

Hopefully they'll both have a little biff and get over it quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Jul 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3756260)   #130
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Max has been taking lessons from Kvyat looks like. That was amateurish. The look on Jos' face said it all. Jos looked like he wanted to crawl under the table when the world feed camera focused on him.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3756264)   #131
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
causing an avoidable collision resulting in retirement should warrant a penalty and felt what was given was fair.
Sums it up perfectly. There was plenty of room for 2 cars in that corner but ambition exceeded ability.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:00 (Ref:3756268)   #132
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Max apologised immediately which was good. Not often a driver does that, he could use all sorts of excuses
Old 31 Jul 2017, 09:00 (Ref:3756269)   #133
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Max has been taking lessons from Kvyat looks like.
Some might think lessons from Kvyat, others might think Senna?
Old 31 Jul 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3756488)   #134
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I think FAS33 is "still in grieving". Shame, shame, shame...
Old 31 Jul 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3756497)   #135
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In Hungary it was "a Kvyat", it was clumsy and a rookie error.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3756501)   #136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, clumsy mistake in the heat of the very early battle. Had Raikkonen not held him up, he would have been off and away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Struggling to understand why. Senna rarely made clumsy mistakes.
Old 31 Jul 2017, 22:59 (Ref:3756555)   #137
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep, clumsy mistake in the heat of the very early battle. Had Raikkonen not held him up, he would have been off and away.

Struggling to understand why. Senna rarely made clumsy mistakes.
Um, he made some right howlers! Brundle in F3, Mansell '87, Schlesser '88, Brundle '89 Nakajima '90, Prost '90 just off the top of my head
Old 31 Jul 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3756560)   #138
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anyone else cringe at the David Croft comment of " he just needed more steering angle" or similar? .... umm no, he didn't.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 06:32 (Ref:3756597)   #139
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes that was plain wrong.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3756613)   #140
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Um, he made some right howlers! Brundle in F3, Mansell '87, Schlesser '88, Brundle '89 Nakajima '90, Prost '90 just off the top of my head
Hmm - well personally I'd discount F3 (& both gave as good as they got there) as that is very much a development category compared to F1. Even if it is included though, that amounts to 6 incidents over a spread of 8 years.

Schlesser '88 I tend to agree with you but then that wasn't about racing for position, JLS was a lapped car - but if Senna had hung back for one corner he could have easily passed him on the exit, rather than trying to do so on entry.

Brundle '89 I assume you mean Adelaide? Senna was completely unsighted in the rain and spray, even Brundle didn't know that Senna had hit him so I wouldn't count that one.

Prost '90 I assume you mean first corner at Suzuka? I felt that was totally out of order but no so much a "howler" or clumsy move as completely deliberate.

The Mansell and Naka one's I honestly can't recall due to the mists of time.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3756653)   #141
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Hmm - well personally I'd discount F3 (& both gave as good as they got there) as that is very much a development category compared to F1. Even if it is included though, that amounts to 6 incidents over a spread of 8 years.

Schlesser '88 I tend to agree with you but then that wasn't about racing for position, JLS was a lapped car - but if Senna had hung back for one corner he could have easily passed him on the exit, rather than trying to do so on entry.

Brundle '89 I assume you mean Adelaide? Senna was completely unsighted in the rain and spray, even Brundle didn't know that Senna had hit him so I wouldn't count that one.

Prost '90 I assume you mean first corner at Suzuka? I felt that was totally out of order but no so much a "howler" or clumsy move as completely deliberate.

The Mansell and Naka one's I honestly can't recall due to the mists of time.
Mansell was Spa '87, Senna just took him out on the opening lap (I think Mansell waited til Estoril 2 years later to exact revenge!) Nakajima was at Interlagos qualy or warm up?

Those were just the one's straight from memory. There were many many more!

Silverstone '89, was that him or a failure?

Monaco '88

Anyway I'm straying way OT!
Old 1 Aug 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3756708)   #142
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mansell was Spa '87, Senna just took him out on the opening lap (I think Mansell waited til Estoril 2 years later to exact revenge!) Nakajima was at Interlagos qualy or warm up?

Those were just the one's straight from memory. There were many many more!

Silverstone '89, was that him or a failure?

Monaco '88

Anyway I'm straying way OT!
Spa 87, was a tricky one. Mansell did look to turn in on him, but according to Nigel himself, Senna made no attempt to brake in the right place, even if he was on the dirt on the inside. James Hunt blamed Senna at the time, then apologised at the next event when he saw it a second time and felt it wasn't Senna's fault

Senna was odds on for his first win at home in 1990, when he made a rash move to lap Nakajima, when he didn't need to with a big enough lead

Silverstone 89, they were trying a new gearbox and he had trouble selecting a gear

Monaco 88 we know about, although there were rumours of a deflating tyre
Old 1 Aug 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3756748)   #143
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Clumsy? Most of those, no, I wouldn't use the word clumsy.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3756780)   #144
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
No. Deliberate. Pure win ethic...Max has a lot of that. Watch him evolve over the next 5 years. Elbows out from the start of his F1 career.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3756797)   #145
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Max had a terrible start. saw his team mate overtake him then decided to take him out. still in his diaper mentality.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 08:14 (Ref:3756860)   #146
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Simple case of red mist, that's all.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3756885)   #147
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Max had a terrible start. saw his team mate overtake him then decided to take him out. still in his diaper mentality.
He had a good start and was ahead of his teammate, if he had not had to take avoiding action in the first corner the would have come out the first corner in 3rd

Last edited by steve nielsen; 2 Aug 2017 at 10:39.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3756897)   #148
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was a schoolboy error, no one else went locking up into that corner that badly throughout the weekend. I expect more from Max.

But it was lap 1... I felt Ric was a bit harsh with his comments on him afterwards. Wonder if there's some distance between them in the garage. Sort of sounded like they're far from buddies and Dan wasn't kind on him, sore loser and amateur a couple of things I think I heard. Obviously not as bad as Webber/Vettel but still, doesn't sound like they get on that well. Rics supposed to be the nice guy of F1.

I guess he was thinking Max was a sore loser after apparently losing the position, but Dan was wrong he never fully had that position. It was Dan trying to pull the move off on the outside in a place where it's very difficult to stay on the outside there without contact. Plus Max would never have been in that position if Bottas had left him space on the exit of the previous corner, so it wasn't completely his fault that he got slowed. Still Max's fault of course, but that's racing, it wasn't on purpose. I was hoping to see a good RB battle with the top 2 teams so it's a shame it happened.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:21 (Ref:3756904)   #149
S griffin
Veteran

It was still a bit silly Max going in there a bit hot and taking out his team mate. But it wasn't the worst thing in the world and hopefully people can just move on and watch both of them bring the best out of the RBRs
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3756919)   #150
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
It was a schoolboy error, no one else went locking up into that corner that badly throughout the weekend. I expect more from Max.

But it was lap 1... I felt Ric was a bit harsh with his comments on him afterwards. Wonder if there's some distance between them in the garage. Sort of sounded like they're far from buddies and Dan wasn't kind on him, sore loser and amateur a couple of things I think I heard. Obviously not as bad as Webber/Vettel but still, doesn't sound like they get on that well. Rics supposed to be the nice guy of F1.

I guess he was thinking Max was a sore loser after apparently losing the position, but Dan was wrong he never fully had that position. It was Dan trying to pull the move off on the outside in a place where it's very difficult to stay on the outside there without contact. Plus Max would never have been in that position if Bottas had left him space on the exit of the previous corner, so it wasn't completely his fault that he got slowed. Still Max's fault of course, but that's racing, it wasn't on purpose. I was hoping to see a good RB battle with the top 2 teams so it's a shame it happened.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s3a1vwsWz3c

Overtaking on the outside is a cake walk for Dan.
Closed Thread