Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:46 (Ref:749379)   #1
filmig
Rookie

filmig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villeneuve takes Scumy place at Ferrari

It would be like one of those never possible dreams if Jacques Villeneuve could race for Ferrari, and avenge the most spectacular driver ever his father. Avenge because The old Enzo took from him a well deserved title to give it to a guy who never did nothing special, Jody Scheckter, and only with his turtle stile driving he was able to finis more races then Gilles but he won 4 GP as well as Gilees in 1979 so...

I believe Schumacher, if he is intelligent, will retire afert his sixth title and may be if we write and talk about it Jacques could end up at Ferrari. In my opinion Ferrari is in ows this to the Villeneuve family! And i would very much like to see a Villeneuve World Champion with a Ferrari car so... go for it
Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:51 (Ref:749387)   #2
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villeuve has great difficulties to take Kiessa's place at Minardi I believe. Is this the backup plan?

<sigh> yet another Jvilleneuve thread...
Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:53 (Ref:749393)   #3
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about a cleaning job
Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:54 (Ref:749394)   #4
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi filmig

Welcome to ten-tenths, enjoy posting here.

I've altered your thread title slightly, after all JV hasn't replaced Schumi just yet.

There have been plenty of posters who would love to see JV in a Ferrari, which is impossible with Schumacher there.

However, if Schumacher were to reflect and call it a day after 6 titles, fate has decreed that a certain JV is available.....

ST

Last edited by Super Tourer; 13 Oct 2003 at 11:57.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:58 (Ref:749398)   #5
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques deserves a decent drive like Ferrari, Mclaren, Williams. He showed us in his first 2 seasons what a good driver he really is, plus the years he spent in CART prior to joining F1. Much as I love Michael, what has he left to achieve in F1? he has the most wins, championships and its doubtful anyone will ever beat what he has accomplished... The thought of Villenuve and Schumacher in the same team continues to wet the apitite although it'll never happen...
Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:58 (Ref:749399)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
However if Schumacher were to reflrct and call it a day after 6 titles, fate has decreed that a certain JV is available.....
Yoong is available too but I dont thing his phone will ring either
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:01 (Ref:749404)   #7
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Obviously. On drivers' short list, both of them are behind my phone number.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:03 (Ref:749405)   #8
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html?http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/news.shtml
"This will stop one day but while the passion's there, we'll carry on doing it," said Brawn. "One day it will stop. But it's not going to be next year and I don't think it will be the next few years. I think it's going to be very painful for all of us and we don't want to face that pain any earlier than we have to. We still enjoy winning races and there's still a passion there."
I guess there is no harm in dreaming that Michael will retire, way off yet - I am glad to say.

Last edited by Redblurr; 13 Oct 2003 at 12:05.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:06 (Ref:749410)   #9
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Yeah, well, that should clear Filmig's question then: "if he is intelligent, will retire afert his sixth title". Obviously, he's not intelligent.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:17 (Ref:749429)   #10
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
some things don't need a comment
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:28 (Ref:749460)   #11
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think schumi would rather keep going for another six titles than hand a winning team/car over to villeneuve.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:12 (Ref:749539)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome filmig to ten-tenths. I hope you enjoy yourself at ten-tenths.

As you are new I guess you haven't seen the thousands of Jacques threads already. There are also several other threads on whether Michael will retire.

I suppose this is a different take on the situation, so I'll not merge it into another. However as it will be soon going over the same things as the other threads, it probably won't stay open for long

As for the actual question. Will Michael retire now? No. Will it be Villeneuve who replaces him if he did? No. I am certain!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:21 (Ref:749556)   #13
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello filmig and welcome to TT
I see you got a very very cold welcome, but don't worry. They're like this all the time, even with the fact that I am about to revenge them...oops, did I just say what my biggest secret was?

Have fun posting

I won't comment on your topic since after the replies I'd get, I'll be needing another lexilium.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:37 (Ref:749590)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Welcome filmig to ten-tenths. I hope you enjoy yourself at ten-tenths.

As you are new I guess you haven't seen the thousands of Jacques threads already. There are also several other threads on whether Michael will retire.

I suppose this is a different take on the situation, so I'll not merge it into another. However as it will be soon going over the same things as the other threads, it probably won't stay open for long

As for the actual question. Will Michael retire now? No. Will it be Villeneuve who replaces him if he did? No. I am certain!
What about a BIG merge ??? it is so tempting...
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:44 (Ref:749601)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is tempting isn't it? Maybe even a big merge AND deleted

I'm sure it would break the biggest thread ever record!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:46 (Ref:749608)   #16
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filmig,
if you want to go to Ferrari and stay there more than a minute, you have to be very politically correct, to think before talking, and to count up to ten before expressing your opinions.
This is the exact contrary of JV usual behavior; what is more, he's been always proud of being what he is; this is one of the reason why a good driver like him has problems at finding a new seat; in the last few years he has argued and quarrelled with everybody in the Circus; now he's in the need but has obviously no friend to help him.
Therefore there can hardly be a chance for him at Ferrari.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:48 (Ref:749613)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
*pokes Adam in the arm*

Do it Adam, do it!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:56 (Ref:749627)   #18
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
*cheers enthusiastically for Adam* Go-go-go!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:59 (Ref:749630)   #19
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More mergers than on the stock market here !!!!
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:17 (Ref:749659)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Hardt

I see you got a very very cold welcome, but don't worry. They're like this all the time,
I didn't see it as cold personally, but then it could be said that your feeling a little bitter, but that isn't true either is it
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:19 (Ref:749660)   #21
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately i feel TGF will be annoying me for a feqw years to come, and when he leaves i dont think JV will be replacing him.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:20 (Ref:749661)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well with a sig like "kamikase" I think the post is a bit tongue-in-cheek.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:56 (Ref:749705)   #23
Gavin Forman
Rookie

Gavin Forman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Pink69, JV derserves a decent drive. perhaps he could take the Rookie Ralf place at Williams. What a patehtic drive he had yesterday. I am sure that JV would have done a better job and at least tried harder to get some additional points for Williams.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 14:59 (Ref:749708)   #24
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hahah...Question: WhY WOuLd FERrArI wanT JV whEn TheY haVe MicHaeL, aNd A LiSt of V HigH poTenTial YoUnG StaR rePLacEments, to choose from?

What would Ferrari benefit from JV? Nothing.

It's not a bash, but from a romantic viewpoint, it is nice to see a Villeneuve in a Ferrari, but it'd be Gilles. From a realistic and practical viewpoint, JV doesn't fit into any of Ferrari's needs nor wants.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 15:03 (Ref:749711)   #25
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a high potential young star replacement is Massa, I understand why Michael keeps going

Romantically, Villeneuve-Ferrari is powerful, but then Alesi also told everything to Todt's face and was fined for that!