Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Oct 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3467195)   #1101
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rodney Forbes has just brought an m3 gts out from germany, I wonder if it might get a run ?
Old 21 Oct 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3467196)   #1102
GroupCAction
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
GroupCAction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A friend of mine has had some correspondence with Laurens Vanthoor over the past couple of days & he has hinted strongly that he'll be back come Feb. Whether or not thats with Phoenix i'm not sure.

Or could we possibly see the debut of WRT on our shores?? With the likes of Vanthoor, Rast, Ortelli, Basseng as drivers on the list a 2 car WRT attack would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited by GroupCAction; 21 Oct 2014 at 22:05.
Old 21 Oct 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3467200)   #1103
GroupCAction
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Rodney Forbes has just brought an m3 gts out from germany, I wonder if it might get a run ?
RF is a good mate of mine... M3 GTS will purely be just a road/track car

Last edited by GroupCAction; 21 Oct 2014 at 22:05.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 04:03 (Ref:3467534)   #1104
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anyone got the AA apprently somthing about V8 drivers being banned from racing in the 12 hour
Old 23 Oct 2014, 04:15 (Ref:3467536)   #1105
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
Anyone got the AA apprently somthing about V8 drivers being banned from racing in the 12 hour
Not so much banned as required to attend a v8 event on the same day.

That aside. Craig baird will be racing with Muscat at the highlands round of the GT series. A sign of things to come in the 12 hour maybe
Old 23 Oct 2014, 04:18 (Ref:3467537)   #1106
GroupCAction
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Not so much banned as required to attend a v8 event on the same day.

That aside. Craig baird will be racing with Muscat at the highlands round of the GT series. A sign of things to come in the 12 hour maybe
Bairdo is already running with M-Motorsport in their Lambo at Bathurst
Old 23 Oct 2014, 04:36 (Ref:3467539)   #1107
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupCAction View Post
Bairdo is already running with M-Motorsport in their Lambo at Bathurst
Baird & Richards are a pretty handy combination.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 05:17 (Ref:3467541)   #1108
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
It appears that V8SA is rewriting the teams agreement in such a way that drivers in the series will become the "property" of V8SA and will have to apply to them rather than just their teams if they are ever going to race outside of the class.Restraint of trade anyone?
Old 23 Oct 2014, 06:07 (Ref:3467546)   #1109
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
It appears that V8SA is rewriting the teams agreement in such a way that drivers in the series will become the "property" of V8SA and will have to apply to them rather than just their teams if they are ever going to race outside of the class.Restraint of trade anyone?
Dunno if it's been mentioned before, but it makes me wonder if Nissan, Erebus, V.I.P. and any of that touring car series drivers called their bluff and decided to tell them to shove their test day and rocked up to the B12H to compete, would any action be taken against them? It's not a good look, if your rapidly depleting list of competitors, is being harshly treated by the series administrators. It'd make me want to take my bat and ball, and go play elsewhere. In Lowndes case, being the poster boy for the series and getting towards the tale end of his career, I reckon he could call everybody's bluff (the touring car series, and his boss, Roland) If the $h!te hit the fan, I can't see him struggling to find a team (possibly even the new guys) to continue racing in that series.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 07:27 (Ref:3467552)   #1110
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheese

Pretty much over the whole are they in or are they out deal. I would prefer to just have a definitive answer so we can move on and I'm sure that the 12hr car owners/teams want the same thing for organising purposes.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 08:00 (Ref:3467558)   #1111
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, how threatened are V8SC ? This reeks of desperation. Would have thought it was a restriction of trade too but Im by no means an expert.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 08:21 (Ref:3467563)   #1112
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone else see the irony in that V8Supercars relies on drivers from other categories to fill the co-drivers seats for their Bathurst 1000....
Old 23 Oct 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3467569)   #1113
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 6-8 February

If Nissan want to use their V8 drivers for Bathurst then I can't see them being banned. Nissan would be furious if that happened and does V8SC really want to anger one of their manufacturers like that? V8SC would whine and moan but that's all they could realistically do.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3467592)   #1114
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
Wow, how threatened are V8SC ? This reeks of desperation. Would have thought it was a restriction of trade too but Im by no means an expert.
It would be hard to argue that this is a restraint of trade where Pilot X racing for V8Supercar team Y is paid $550k a season to drive that car in that series, and is stopped from running in the B12 where he would be paid the equivalent of beer money for the privilege...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Oct 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3467619)   #1115
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It would be hard to argue that this is a restraint of trade where Pilot X racing for V8Supercar team Y is paid $550k a season to drive that car in that series, and is stopped from running in the B12 where he would be paid the equivalent of beer money for the privilege...
Trying to re write the REC agreements to include drivers as is being alledged though defintely falls into the region of restraint of trade.

Nissan as was reported are none to impressed by the shenanighans of V8SC - I wonder if Nissan, Erebus, VIP etc banded together against this would V8SC proceed with penalties or is it just a scare tactic.

The lengths V8SC is going with this is really surprising me - and thats saying something from someone who doesnt hold them in to higher regard in the first place.
Old 23 Oct 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3467621)   #1116
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Wouldnt have thought the amount is the issue, just the point of the ban. However you are probably more knowledgeable on the subject than me.

Still smells of desperation from V8SC and it shows how little they understand long term motorsport supporters, the cars and the track are the stars of the 12 hour. Its a true endurance race, not Home and away on wheels.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3467890)   #1117
Reload
Veteran

Australia
We've updated the Liqui-Moly Australia Bathurst 12 Hour entry list for your Friday afternoon viewing - taking the Class A field to 26 cars thanks to official confirmation of the two M-Sport Bentley GT3s. Meanwhile, class B gets stronger thanks to the addition of another 997 GT3 Cup Car. 49 cars feature on the full list with six weeks remaining until entries close.

Meanwhile, our friends at FIAT Australia have elected to not continue their program into a second season - we thank them for a sensational showing at this year's race and especially their support of our volunteer officials!

FULL LIST: http://bathurst12hour.com.au/event-info/entry-list
Old 24 Oct 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3467897)   #1118
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No Fiats?
Old 24 Oct 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3467905)   #1119
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
not Home and away on wheels.
That made me chuckle.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 10:48 (Ref:3467906)   #1120
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No Fiats?
Not a bad thing IMHO.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 11:12 (Ref:3467909)   #1121
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Not a bad thing IMHO.
Not sure a proddie BRZ is going to be any less of a traffic hassle
Old 24 Oct 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3467977)   #1122
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
No Fiats?

They raced well this year staying out of everyone's way especially at the end when they pitted to stay out of the way of the leaders but with the entry list looking so packed atm I'd rather see 3 more Class A cars tbh. They had their fun this year and got people talking about them so a success you could call it from a marketing perspective.

Now all we need is an Aston and a BMW in Class A and we're set. This is gonna be good
Old 24 Oct 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3468110)   #1123
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Fiat Aust efforts were extremely professional this year from their PR, car presentation right through to their drivers on track awareness and the call to get them out of the big boys way at the end. Any chance that they pulled the pin for next year due to having so many Class A cars and worrying about having all of this years great PR coming unstuck ?
Kudo's to them for this year, however i can't say that I'm disappointed that they won't be returning.

Last edited by Reload; 24 Oct 2014 at 23:33.
Old 25 Oct 2014, 03:54 (Ref:3468153)   #1124
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Fiat Aust efforts were extremely professional this year from their PR, car presentation right through to their drivers on track awareness and the call to get them out of the big boys way at the end. Any chance that they pulled the pin for next year due to having so many Class A cars and worrying about having all of this years great PR coming unstuck ?
Kudo's to them for this year, however i can't say that I'm disappointed that they won't be returning.
The Alan Heaphy-led effort created a huge media splash, which was great for the event and the Bambinos... A genuine shame that this is now lost

What would have been better would be for the same squad to prepare an outright Fiat, with works help, like a 458....

With the right crew at the wheel, these guys would have been superstars..
Old 25 Oct 2014, 10:09 (Ref:3468239)   #1125
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Still hearing that there could be 2 Quinn McLaren's.