Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Jan 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3498112)   #1851
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I have said yes. Currently working on a sponsor deal.
Have you got a drive mate ?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 04:02 (Ref:3498180)   #1852
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VIDEO: Vicious Rumour Ferrari test

Renato Loberto becomes acclimatised with the Vicious Rumour Ferrari 458 at Phillip Island. Loberto is sharing the Ferrari with team owner Tony DeFelice and Andrea Montermini in the upcoming Bathurst 12 Hour Read More
Old 28 Jan 2015, 04:13 (Ref:3498183)   #1853
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any update on the AF Corse cars & drivers?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 05:33 (Ref:3498189)   #1854
Finski
Rookie

Finland
Australia
Finski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
Love it or hate it ...

That Ferrari livery will be famous around the world...

Especially if they win @ Bathurst !

The one thing about GT racing - the liveries in Europe generally suck. Complicated, a montage of small sponsor stickers ...

THIS ... simple , unmistakeable - and best of all, they had to change the base colour like ZERO to make it look like a Fries packet !

I'm loving it ...
Although I do prefer last years, I am use to it now and I could never hate a Ferrari, or any team that Salo is a part of
Old 28 Jan 2015, 07:29 (Ref:3498207)   #1855
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Any update on the AF Corse cars & drivers?
Never thought I'd see a question like that coming from you. There's hope for you yet!
I haven't seen or heard any updates on drivers, but expect something any day now.
Gut feeling that only one car will turn up.

Last edited by porsche91722; 28 Jan 2015 at 07:40. Reason: .
Old 28 Jan 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3498212)   #1856
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Never thought I'd see a question like that coming from you. There's hope for you yet!
I haven't seen or heard any updates on drivers, but expect something any day now.
Gut feeling that only one car will turn up.
with only a week left i reckon it better be any day.

Reckon you,ve totally misunderstood me. Im not anti 12 hour. I wouldnt attend or watch if i was
Old 28 Jan 2015, 07:48 (Ref:3498213)   #1857
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am waiting for the AF Corse lineup in anticipation. I'd love to see Fisichella down here
Old 28 Jan 2015, 08:14 (Ref:3498218)   #1858
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Have a af Corse mechanic following me on twitter,asked today of he was coming and who line up was, wouldn't say who lineup was but said they're coming down...
Old 28 Jan 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3498228)   #1859
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
Have a af Corse mechanic following me on twitter,asked today of he was coming and who line up was, wouldn't say who lineup was but said they're coming down...
Both cars or only one?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3498229)   #1860
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Nicely put

Speaking of VR where's ffs? Haven't seen a post of his for ages. Ah the 'discussion' between him and Scud concerning B12 races of yesteryear were the stuff of legend
Been busy elsewhere lately, not looked here since October, but just had a read through...

Scudd, as always, is wrong again. Silvers are not silver quote "cos they're quick". Its based on results, not lap times.

The Bentley HERE seems to have problems, but it seems individual car related as the others haven't struggled. Phillip island is easy on steering gear, so if its bad there they really need to fix it fast.

Team Vicious Rumour Racing is alive and strong, hoping like hell to remove the massive monkey from our backs. Good news is that it appears Dean Fiore is driving the car he deserves this year. None.

Watch the news closely in next few days, couple of line up tweaks are rumoured.....

Oh, and yes, Hector Lester will be paying a visit, to be sure. Potatoes.

Last edited by ff s conscience; 28 Jan 2015 at 09:58.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 10:31 (Ref:3498235)   #1861
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Been busy elsewhere lately, not looked here since October, but just had a read through...

Scudd, as always, is wrong again. Silvers are not silver quote "cos they're quick". Its based on results, not lap times.

The Bentley HERE seems to have problems, but it seems individual car related as the others haven't struggled. Phillip island is easy on steering gear, so if its bad there they really need to fix it fast.

Team Vicious Rumour Racing is alive and strong, hoping like hell to remove the massive monkey from our backs. Good news is that it appears Dean Fiore is driving the car he deserves this year. None.

Watch the news closely in next few days, couple of line up tweaks are rumoured.....

Oh, and yes, Hector Lester will be paying a visit, to be sure. Potatoes.
poor old ffs, always thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong.

here's muscat's CV.

https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/richard-muscat/

is he silver cause he came 3rd in a 944 title, or won a gt3 cup challenge title?

I don't think so.

I heard the vvs owner isn't driving in the 12hr race?

why keep it a secret?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 11:11 (Ref:3498238)   #1862
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Haha yes they're back!

On a more serious note it's interesting to hear of the Edwards Bentley and it's steering problems. One would think the problems could be solved by asking M Sport as they've raced the car all last year in BES and no doubt if something was to happen like that they'd have experience with it already. Maybe it's not as simple as that. ??
Old 28 Jan 2015, 11:56 (Ref:3498243)   #1863
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
poor old ffs, always thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong.

here's muscat's CV.

https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/richard-muscat/

is he silver cause he came 3rd in a 944 title, or won a gt3 cup challenge title?

I don't think so.

I heard the vvs owner isn't driving in the 12hr race?

why keep it a secret?
you twit.. where does it say his lap times or how quick he is??? What it says is....

2014 Aus GT championship, 1st

There's no secrets, just Vicious Rumours....
Old 28 Jan 2015, 13:11 (Ref:3498254)   #1864
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I haven't kept up with this thread as well as I could.

Seeing as how I drive a Subaru BRZ (or in Australia a Toyota GT86, right?), I was excited that there was a BRZ previously listed in the group D class. Then I checked the entry yesterday and didn't see it there. What happened? Any chance we might see it back on the entry?

I'm sure I would have only seen it for a split second when getting passed by the GT3 cars, but still, I would have liked to have seen it.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3498335)   #1865
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I haven't kept up with this thread as well as I could.

Seeing as how I drive a Subaru BRZ (or in Australia a Toyota GT86, right?), I was excited that there was a BRZ previously listed in the group D class. Then I checked the entry yesterday and didn't see it there. What happened? Any chance we might see it back on the entry?

I'm sure I would have only seen it for a split second when getting passed by the GT3 cars, but still, I would have liked to have seen it.
The BRZ was withdrawn over the weekend and no chance of it reappearing.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 17:54 (Ref:3498337)   #1866
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
No live coverage on Motors TV. V8SC power play?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3498378)   #1867
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
you twit.. where does it say his lap times or how quick he is??? What it says is....

2014 Aus GT championship, 1st
he was classed as silver for Spa before he'd won Aus GT.

Why are you such a loser?
Old 28 Jan 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3498401)   #1868
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Classed as silver at Spa after winning GT3 cup challenge which is a SERIES not a CAMS Australian championship. Muscat was classified outside the parameters and obviously at the organizers discretion.

Sort of like what's happening at B12 hour from what I can see, but giving too much discretion the wrong way IMO.

Scudd, last question very complicated.
Old 28 Jan 2015, 23:16 (Ref:3498475)   #1869
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
No live coverage on Motors TV. V8SC power play?
Free live stream though
Old 28 Jan 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3498485)   #1870
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
RYAN BRISCOE SET FOR LE MANS 24 HOURS RETURN

would have been great to have Ryan at Bathurst.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 00:59 (Ref:3498504)   #1871
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:

And he was classified "because he was quick" right?

They said that, officially?

As said, discretion is a factor, and luck it would seem.... But not "being quick".

As for being a loser, it's because I'm not a cheat, and that's all there are in motorsport.... Cheats and losers
Old 29 Jan 2015, 01:32 (Ref:3498513)   #1872
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
The BRZ was withdrawn over the weekend and no chance of it reappearing.
Any reason behind the withdrawal?
Old 29 Jan 2015, 02:01 (Ref:3498518)   #1873
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Any reason behind the withdrawal?
Someone else may have heard the reason, but it was all done very quietly. I only found out through a Rob Herridge tweet which basically said that they've pulled the pin and it wasn't through lack of trying. $$$$$ quite possibly ?
Old 29 Jan 2015, 02:04 (Ref:3498521)   #1874
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
The facebook page showed that they were all prepared and ready just before Christmas.

I wonder if it was because they were the only Class E car running?
Old 29 Jan 2015, 02:06 (Ref:3498522)   #1875
Reload
Veteran

Australia
AF CORSE FERRARI SQUAD FIRMS FOR BATHURST

AF Corse will bring two cars to Bathurst this year
The Bathurst 12 Hour field is edging ever closer to completion, with Ferrari squad AF Corse firming its line-up for the February 6-8 event.
The Italian outfit is bringing two Ferrari 458 GT3s to this year’s event after a qualifying crash ended its single-car effort last year.
Last year’s drivers Steven Wyatt, Michele Rugolo and Marco Cioci will all return, but are slated to be split across the two cars.
Australian Wyatt and Italian Rugolo, who teamed to win last December’s Gulf 12 Hours in Abu Dhabi, will share the #77 entry with a third, yet-to-be-confirmed driver.
Cioci will meanwhile be joined by fellow Italian Piergiuseppe Perazzini and Briton Aaron Scott in the other car, which will wear the #3.
The 59-year-old Perazzini and 35-year-old are both Bathurst rookies but have previous experience with AF Corse.
Perazzini was famously involved in Anthony Davidson’s back-breaking crash at Le Mans in 2012, colliding with the Toyota LMP1 on the Mulsane.
The AF Corse Ferraris will be joined by five other 458s at Bathurst, fielded by Australian squads Maranello Motorsport, Trofeo Motorsport and Vicious Rumour Racing, as well as Malaysia’s Clearwater Racing and New Zealand’s Trass Motorsport.
CLICK HERE for the latest Bathurst entry list