Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Oct 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3678412)   #176
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
However Giulia is RWD! Not sure if Longitudinal or Transverse engine though so may not be eligible?!
Giulia is RWD, with longitudinal engine. Giulietta is FWD, with transverse engine..........
Old 8 Oct 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3678414)   #177
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Giulia is RWD, with longitudinal engine. Giulietta is FWD, with transverse engine..........
So quite an appealing package for those who still believe RWD is the future of BTCC
Old 8 Oct 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3678424)   #178
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Interesting.
I heard 888 are expecting to change at least one of their drivers.
Surely the fact Warren Scott has a say in driver choice at 888 BMR and BKR could mean we see drivers switching between those much like Red Bull and Torro Rosso in F1
Old 8 Oct 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3678426)   #179
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry44 View Post
Surely the fact Warren Scott has a say in driver choice at 888 BMR and BKR could mean we see drivers switching between those much like Red Bull and Torro Rosso in F1
Good point, Sutton in a Levorg would be mighty!
Old 8 Oct 2016, 19:54 (Ref:3678436)   #180
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I've heard they will be driving for Kia
The new Volvo XC90, plenty of room in the back for Chris to keep his big book of excuses and boxing gloves :-D
Old 9 Oct 2016, 10:06 (Ref:3678620)   #181
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack Goff intends to stay with WSR but nothing confirmed

added with a question mark, strangely so far no confirmed new driver in the series or a driver switching teams

Team Dynamics - Honda Civic - Matt Neal ?
Team Dynamics - Honda Civic - Gordon Shedden

Eurotech - Honda Civic - Jeff Smith ???
Eurotech - Honda Civic - ????

Speedworks - Honda Civic - Mat Simpson
Speedworks - Toyota Avensis - Tom Ingram

Handy Motorsport - Toyota Avensis - Rob Austin ???

BMR - Subaru Levorg - Jason Plato
BMR - Subaru Levorg - Colin Turkington
BMR - Subaru Levorg - Warren Scott ???
BMR - Subaru Levorg - James Cole ???????

BKR - VW Passat ???? - Aron Smith
BKR - VW Passat ???? - ????

888 - MG - Ash Sutton ??
888 - MG - ???

WSR - BMW 125 - Rob Collard ??
WSR - BMW 125 - Jack Goff ??
WSR - BMW 125 - ??????

Motorbase - Ford Focus - Mat Jackson ?
Motorbase - Ford Focus - Andrew Jordan ??

Power Maxed - Chevrolet Cruze - ?????
Power Maxed - Chevrolet Cruze - ?????

AMD - Audi S3 - Ollie Jackson ?
AMD - Audi S3 - ?????

WIX Racing - Mercedes A-Class - Adam Morgan ??

Laser Tools - Mercedes A-Class - Aidan Moffat ?????

HARD - ?????? - Michael Epps ?????
HARD - ?????? - ?????

Welch - ??????? - Dan Welch ????

Dextra - Ford Focus - Alex Martin ?????

Maximum - Ford Focus - Stewart Lines ???
Old 9 Oct 2016, 13:19 (Ref:3678653)   #182
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
with the Ypsilon?
Old 9 Oct 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3678683)   #183
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I already can't wait till next season
Old 9 Oct 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3678704)   #184
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I already can't wait till next season
Well, I'm sorry. You'll just have to, like everyone else.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3678953)   #185
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
So help me that actually looks pretty good.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 16:58 (Ref:3678969)   #186
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Well, I'm sorry. You'll just have to, like everyone else.

I'll just have to watch all my old review videos and DVDs in the meantime and imagine it happening now
Old 10 Oct 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3678972)   #187
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That's a Delta not an Ypsilon, although the Ypsilon would be too small to use.

The Lancia Delta was sold in the UK as a Chrysler but hasn't been on sale for nearly 2 years. There as much chance of this happening as seeing an Austin Allegro NGTC car.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3678991)   #188
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There as much chance of this happening as seeing an Austin Allegro NGTC car.
Now you're talking real cars!
Old 10 Oct 2016, 23:55 (Ref:3679086)   #189
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But I could totally get behind an NGTC Cortina!

Steve
Old 11 Oct 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3679233)   #190
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
But I could totally get behind an NGTC Cortina!

Steve
Can be seen in action every year at Goodwood!
Old 11 Oct 2016, 08:04 (Ref:3679234)   #191
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That would be great, especially if they made having a competition version of the Quartic steering wheel compulsory!
Old 11 Oct 2016, 15:37 (Ref:3679330)   #192
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
That would be great, especially if they made having a competition version of the Quartic steering wheel compulsory!
With Rob (32 next birthday) Gravett driving...
Old 11 Oct 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3679335)   #193
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
With Rob (32 next birthday) Gravett driving...
Sorry Billy but I've suddenly gone off the idea...
Old 11 Oct 2016, 17:54 (Ref:3679358)   #194
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/feature...io-marchionne/
Old 11 Oct 2016, 20:08 (Ref:3679389)   #195
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
an NGTC Rover SD1 Vitesse would be awesome with Tim Harvey driving

https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6195/...694359df_b.jpg
Old 11 Oct 2016, 21:17 (Ref:3679405)   #196
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
An Austin Aggro estate to take on Scooby Doo. Would have to be piloted by Rob Austin, and be RWD. With the engine at the back too...
Old 11 Oct 2016, 21:53 (Ref:3679410)   #197
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See the attachment - from the OKI Print My Ride/Motorbase tutorial video. That'll get the rumour mill spinning nicely.

That's my contribution for the year, laters.
Attached Thumbnails
alfa.png  
Old 11 Oct 2016, 22:25 (Ref:3679416)   #198
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
See the attachment - from the OKI Print My Ride/Motorbase tutorial video. That'll get the rumour mill spinning nicely.

That's my contribution for the year, laters.
Bravo sir, Bravo.

Would love to see that, can't beat getting some new models on the grid. Would be a strange move considering all the work that's gone in to the Ecoboost Ford Engine though. I'd be happy with just the Focus getting it's face-lift finally!
Old 12 Oct 2016, 07:28 (Ref:3679472)   #199
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Batman is entering next year !!!
Old 12 Oct 2016, 08:18 (Ref:3679476)   #200
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
Bravo sir, Bravo.

Would love to see that, can't beat getting some new models on the grid. Would be a strange move considering all the work that's gone in to the Ecoboost Ford Engine though. I'd be happy with just the Focus getting it's face-lift finally!
I think they were hoping that Ford would bite and offer some support, particularly as they are running the Ecoboost which is the engine Ford are promoting in their models, but it didn't happen.

Added to which the new version of the NGTC engine has been proved to be quick in other cars and a lot of the development costs of doing your own engine is negated if TOCA cut the boost because it is deemed to quick!

I would imagine a Subaru type deal from Alfa is possible as they would not put in big budget as they are still low volume sales in the UK, but they are bringing on more dealers as they are consolidating FCA brands into dealerships, for example our local FIAT dealership are now FIAT, Alfa, Arbarth and Jeep 'retailers'.

would probably be keen on using hospitality programme to fund part of this which they would mark up to the dealers nearest the circuits and 'encourage' them to take a certain number of places...