Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What driver are in risk to step down of his seat (at least for some time)during 2004?
Zsolt Baumgartner 30 76.92%
Giorgio Pantano 6 15.38%
Christian Klien 19 48.72%
GianmarĂ*a Bruni 8 20.51%
Nick Heidfeld 0 0%
David Coulthard 3 7.69%
Someone else (specify) 1 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Feb 2004, 14:43 (Ref:875837)   #1
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are some F1 drivers in risk to not be in all races of this season???

Jos Verstappen said recently:

'I'll continue to focus my efforts on F1,' he pledged. 'It won't surprise me if some seats become available at some point during the season. They all know I'm on the bench with some nice sponsors. I want the world of F1 to know that I haven't said goodbye.'

Is he right? Are some chances of avaliable seats during this F1 season? If they are, what drivers are in risk to lose -or get out for some races- their F1 seats this season and why? The discussion is open.

Last edited by Mekola; 16 Feb 2004 at 14:48.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 14:58 (Ref:875855)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Any particular reason for listing the above drivers? I can understand listing the rookies/rent-drivers, but find it strange that DC and Heidfeld are there.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 15:01 (Ref:875859)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Baumgartner's funding doesn't appear particularly secure, and Jaguar are renowned for a lack of stability and patience with rookies, so I suppose those two are at the biggest risk. Can't see Jos replacing either of them though.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 17:18 (Ref:875984)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zsolt Baumgartner seems particularly insecure at Minardi, although I think there has been some progress with his funds today.....

Why's Coulthard on that list? And Nick Heidfeld?!?
Old 16 Feb 2004, 18:40 (Ref:876063)   #5
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd add Schuey to that list....

If the Ferrari/Bridgestone is uncompetitive he could walk away....(after scoring one brilliant wet win mid season, then handing his seat to Fisi!)
Old 16 Feb 2004, 23:19 (Ref:876351)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zsolt could find himself on the outer even before the season starts if you believe all the reports running around stating that his sponsors haven't put up the cash yet.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 23:20 (Ref:876352)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Klien's in the hot seat right now, given the recent history of sacked people at Jaguar. Wilson, Pizzonia, de la Rosa, Irvine, Burti, Herbert... not to mention Rahal and Lauda!
Old 17 Feb 2004, 04:58 (Ref:876528)   #8
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree that Klein is at the greatest risk. It's funny, you'd think teams would learn that simply smacking a driver over the head doesn't make him fast. I guess if Williams hasn't learned it yet, what chance does Jaguar have?
Old 17 Feb 2004, 10:52 (Ref:876766)   #9
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Redlake27
I'd add Schuey to that list....

If the Ferrari/Bridgestone is uncompetitive he could walk away....(after scoring one brilliant wet win mid season, then handing his seat to Fisi!)
You must be joking
Old 17 Feb 2004, 11:06 (Ref:876796)   #10
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Are some F1 drivers in risk to not be in all races of this season???

Quote:
Originally posted by Mekola
Is he right? Are some chances of avaliable seats during this F1 season? If they are, what drivers are in risk to lose -or get out for some races- their F1 seats this season and why? The discussion is open.
The new "3 strikes and you're out" rule might mean that some seats become available, albeit temporarily.
Old 20 Feb 2004, 08:39 (Ref:880168)   #11
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Add Massa and Sato to that list. 02 was a failry mediocre year for both of them and a repeat wont be tolerated, i assure you
Old 21 Feb 2004, 13:10 (Ref:881334)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Jaguars revolving door policy will make Klien feel a bit insecure, adding a bit of pressure to him to perform.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 14:14 (Ref:881370)   #13
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why's Coulthard on that list? And Nick Heidfeld?!? [/B][/QUOTE]

sounds reasonable to me. You do not know how things are going to go at williams yet. any more temper tantrums and they might let montoya go early.

Last edited by hamsmith; 21 Feb 2004 at 14:15.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 21:01 (Ref:881543)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
[i] [/B]
sounds reasonable to me. You do not know how things are going to go at williams yet. any more temper tantrums and they might let montoya go early. [/B][/QUOTE]

They should have let Montoya go already, for showing such blatant disloyalty to Williams, but thats for another thread, I guess.

I'm with all of the guys who said Klein is at risk, because Jaguar has shown so little patience with their rookies. Klein will have to start the season with a bang, or the clock will start ticking on him.

Last edited by GP Racer; 21 Feb 2004 at 21:03.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 21:09 (Ref:881550)   #15
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
DC won't go anywhere,after all he's the WDC elect for 2004...

Stepping Down,means to go of your own free will or choice,I think most drivers that are ejected from their seat its a case of Don't come in on Monday,heres your final pay.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 04:49 (Ref:881683)   #16
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
In a word - Klien
He'll be yet another Webber victim.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 11:55 (Ref:881812)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
mmm, if any of the above mentioned drivers do get dropped i don't think that Verstappen will take their place....

Klien, won't get dropped unless Jag want to lose Red Bulls money.

Wurz would stand in if DC got dropped.

After slagging off the Minardi team last year, i can't see Paul Stoddart putting in Verstappen if either of their drivers is dropped.

Unless Verstappen sacks his management, i can't see Jordan hiring Jos if the team drop either of their drivers.

Bye bye Jos.

Last edited by Mr V; 22 Feb 2004 at 11:57.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 13:35 (Ref:881841)   #18
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
mmm, if any of the above mentioned drivers do get dropped i don't think that Verstappen will take their place....

Klien, won't get dropped unless Jag want to lose Red Bulls money.

Wurz would stand in if DC got dropped.

After slagging off the Minardi team last year, i can't see Paul Stoddart putting in Verstappen if either of their drivers is dropped.

Unless Verstappen sacks his management, i can't see Jordan hiring Jos if the team drop either of their drivers.

Bye bye Jos.
Have you seen the minardi. the only sticker on their car is bridgstone. even european has gone off the rear wing. if jos has got the readys then i think Stoddie mihjt just find a car.
Old 23 Feb 2004, 11:31 (Ref:882677)   #19
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if Klien is at the back of the grid and Webber near the front as usual, then he will meet the same fate as wilson, and jungle boy. Klien needs to get points in his first 4 races to keep his seat for the season, or else the pressure is on.
I am of the beleif that IF ms is uncompetitive, he might call it a day at Monza, in front of the tifosi. That would be if he had no mathematical chance of winning the WDC.
Then fisichella would drive for Ferrari, and Sauber would need a driver, but i doubt they would hire Jos, they are one of the only f1 teams smart enough not to hire him.
I reckon if Fisi went to Ferrari mid-season you could see a certain JV in a sauber seat but that all depends on which race of the season schumi calls it a day.

-jason
Old 23 Feb 2004, 12:38 (Ref:882725)   #20
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i doubt Minardi will change their line up, unless a drivers fails to pay up or is offered a better drive. Jordan is a possibility of change and someone such as Firman could come in with extra chash from B+H.