Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 6 Apr 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3724106)   #1101
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
...and maybe Bob Harris
Whoops. How could I forget Bob! Unfortunately his shows aren't on at a time I am likely to be in radio mode, but you are right.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3724107)   #1102
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.D View Post
After a couple of days juggling with new Passwords to get back onto this Forum that is the first Post that I've understood!. Anyone fancy a discussion about Achille Varzi?.

Welcome back Eric! Looks like 2008 when you last posted, so hope not so long before your next contribution!
Old 6 Apr 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3724109)   #1103
Eric.D
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
Eric.D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Mike. Its taken me that long to figure out the new password process!.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3724113)   #1104
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.D View Post
Thank you Mike. Its taken me that long to figure out the new password process!.
Try; Puckles.

Private joke.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 09:38 (Ref:3724123)   #1105
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Try; Puckles.

Private joke.
I thought the trick was to use the word 'invalid' as your password, then if you entered it incorrectly you got an instant reminder of what your password was?
Old 6 Apr 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3724127)   #1106
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I thought the trick was to use the word 'invalid' as your password, then if you entered it incorrectly you got an instant reminder of what your password was?
'Password' is better, as it always asks you to enter Password.

Anyway I'm in very good health.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 10:23 (Ref:3724133)   #1107
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
'Password' is better, as it always asks you to enter Password.

Anyway I'm in very good health.
Pleased to hear it.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 10:54 (Ref:3724137)   #1108
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Glad too! Is the secret of your long lasting to be… bare foot Robert?
Old 6 Apr 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3724171)   #1109
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Glad too! Is the secret of your long lasting to be… bare foot Robert?
Being without shoes keeps you on your toes, Gerard.

Fancy a computer referring to you as an invalid just because you mis-typed your password.

Such a shame that EricD has joined us here, he knows the truth about too many aspects of my life that I shall have to moderate my claims in future, although we did cycle to the Nine Hour Race and back. Well at least once.

Classic barbecue this year Delta? I have already lined up a few choice prizes for a draw.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3724178)   #1110
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Whoops. How could I forget Bob! Unfortunately his shows aren't on at a time I am likely to be in radio mode, but you are right.
The whispering icon has finished his Sunday slot but still continues with Bob Harris country on Thursday night, it's been a long time since the Old Grey Whistle Test where he used to introduce little known artists whilst smoking and knocking back brandy off camera!
Old 6 Apr 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3724192)   #1111
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Being without shoes keeps you on your toes, Gerard.
Very wise Robert I like it. If you allow me i'll keep it along with another proverb a nice english lady taught me. It says something like: You can always walk against the stream but never make weewee against the wind. Does this make sense even with my poor English?
Old 7 Apr 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3724279)   #1112
Eric.D
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
Eric.D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The whispering icon has finished his Sunday slot but still continues with Bob Harris country on Thursday night, it's been a long time since the Old Grey Whistle Test where he used to introduce little known artists whilst smoking and knocking back brandy off camera!
I remember Jerry Lee Lewis doing both, while actually on camera and belting out his latest release 'Chantilly Lace' on the O.G.W.T.
Old 7 Apr 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3724283)   #1113
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Very wise Robert I like it. If you allow me i'll keep it along with another proverb a nice english lady taught me. It says something like: You can always walk against the stream but never make weewee against the wind. Does this make sense even with my poor English?
Politely put Gerard, and makes perfect sense. Like;

Don't wee down my back and tell me it's raining
Old 7 Apr 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3724285)   #1114
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Never much of a fan of Bob 'arrish, but I once caught Emmy Lou Harris (no relation) on the Whistle Test, and instantly fell in love with her music, and still collect anything I can today.

So he was not all bad, I suppose. As to Brain Matthews, My Old Mates, not my scene.

What has any of this to do with Historic motor sport?
Old 7 Apr 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3724299)   #1115
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
About as much as most of your posts!
Old 7 Apr 2017, 10:33 (Ref:3724310)   #1116
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

All part of the ambience
Old 7 Apr 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3724320)   #1117
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
All part of the ambience
Who's in an ambulance?
Baub's not got something in his foot walking without shoes has he?
Old 7 Apr 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3724343)   #1118
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Who's in an ambulance?
Baub's not got something in his foot walking without shoes has he?
Yeah! Still without a pair of shoes. How's the whip round going? Any chance of my new pair in time for Easter?
Old 7 Apr 2017, 13:38 (Ref:3724345)   #1119
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah! Still without a pair of shoes. How's the whip round going? Any chance of my new pair in time for Easter?
Depends which Easter you're thinking about.....
Old 7 Apr 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3724360)   #1120
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Old 7 Apr 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3724370)   #1121
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Walking around circuits without shoes is very uncomfortable, and the missing shoes were fairly historic, and well used to supporting this photographer of historic motor sport.

Will that do?
Old 7 Apr 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3724374)   #1122
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Will that do?
F'course it will! I'm happy that, with or without shoes, no one will take pity on you. You deserve sympathy or more from ages, this is historic too!
Old 7 Apr 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3724387)   #1123
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Walking around circuits without shoes is very uncomfortable, and the missing shoes were fairly historic, and well used to supporting this photographer of historic motor sport.

Will that do?
Slightly nebulous connections but plausible I guess
Old 8 Apr 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3724679)   #1124
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Rowley I take it your team don't like coming to Norwich 7 - 1
Old 8 Apr 2017, 17:08 (Ref:3724682)   #1125
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
Mr Rowley I take it your team don't like coming to Norwich 7 - 1
Don't rub it in- I've already texted the poor chap! At least Reading are still in the play offs, not like the Canaries.......